Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Irish Gigs (rumours & confirmed events)

Options

Comments

Irishshin wrote: »
    Saw Richie support Bad Company in Manchester and he was really good.

Thought Bon Jovi would have announced a European tour by now as well.

Saw him support them in Dublin and couldn't believe how awful he was. Nothing more than a diva. Changing guitars during the songs and not being particularly nice to his crew. Must have caught him on a bad day!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Saw him support them in Dublin and couldn't believe how awful he was. Nothing more than a diva. Changing guitars during the songs and not being particularly nice to his crew. Must have caught him on a bad day!

19b5e7bdc44c39e212345f565657e91a.jpg

hes doing well on the female front anyway

Possibly Bon Jovis euro tour will be announced early in the new year. It would be odd for them to skip europe as they have no dates announced for the summer, plus they didnt tour Europe since 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Phil Collins standard tickets are 89.50-144. and 6.85 extra fees.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/phil-collins-not-dead-yet-dublin-06-25-2017/event/18005190DB00E1AC?artistid=734793&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

So if buying online that would be up to 150.85. I see the agent fee is now 3.10 per ticket, think it was 2.10 recently enough.

gold circle 219.60 (+6.85)
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/phil-collins-gold-circle-with-early-dublin-06-25-2017/event/180051901BA5F800?artistid=734793&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

he has tickets up to 549.50(+6.85)
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/phil-collins-soundcheck-package-dublin-06-25-2017/event/1800519021C1F8AF?artistid=734793&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1
    PTH2009 wrote: »
    I heard that U2s 2017 tour will be a tour celebrating the 30th Anniversary of the Joshua Tree (the album will be performed in full every night). looking like it may be another 4 nights in the 3arena and 2 nights in belfast again but With Croke Park still having 2 concert slots
    I remember them saying at the time of the 3arena gigs that they were more suited to indoors for that tour. Croke park could have several more gigs, the 3 gig thing is not set in stone. Last time U2 played croke park it was 3 gigs and take that played the same year too. Not sure if other non sporteing events happened too.

In 2014 one direction had 3 gigs and there was a "monster truck show" too, i.e. 4 non sporting events. And garth brooks could have played 3 gigs on top of that, he was actually allowed 5 gigs, but 3 days, there were matinees permitted on the last 2 days. The monster truck thing was already known at the time of brooks. So there could have been up to 9 non sporting events that year, on 7 separate days.

rubadub wrote: »

I remember them saying at the time of the 3arena gigs that they were more suited to indoors for that tour. Croke park could have several more gigs, the 3 gig thing is not set in stone. Last time U2 played croke park it was 3 gigs and take that played the same year too. Not sure if other non sporteing events happened too.

In 2014 one direction had 3 gigs and there was a "monster truck show" too, i.e. 4 non sporting events. And garth brooks could have played 3 gigs on top of that, he was actually allowed 5 gigs, but 3 days, there were matinees permitted on the last 2 days. The monster truck thing was already known at the time of brooks. So there could have been up to 9 non sporting events that year, on 7 separate days.

Dont think that Monster Truck thing went ahead, first time i heard of it actually (sounds **** lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Dont think that Monster Truck thing went ahead,
    not sure if it did or not. Point is there were 3 gigs and the monster truck thing was known, before GB. So up to 7 days of events were being permitted.

Its not like GB pulled out and the potential truck thing took his place. I am surprised more was not said about it at the time, no doubt gb & aiken wanted to keep it quiet, and maybe the media get decent money from aiken promos.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

15626059_10153883588877271_2220963847547325130_o.jpg?oh=1ff67483133ea14af02adedec5278c5d&oe=58F97AA2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

15626059_10153883588877271_2220963847547325130_o.jpg?oh=1ff67483133ea14af02adedec5278c5d&oe=58F97AA2

Could see Foals and The Weekend at Longitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Yep, I think The Weeknd is likely for Longitude. They usually release their line up in Jan I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Yep, I think The Weeknd is likely for Longitude. They usually release their line up in Jan I think?

Was just about to ask about this. The Weeknd would be amazing. Hopefully they can continue with the big names like Kendrick Lamar last year. Unfortunately I've never had the chance to go to Longitude - how much do tickets usually go for and whens the best time to buy them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Yeah the Weeknd seems nailed on for Longitude now, he would be a good fit in fairness. Foals could make an appearance at it too or else EP maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,585 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Any chance of him for Cork Marquee too?

Yeah the Weeknd seems nailed on for Longitude now, he would be a good fit in fairness. Foals could make an appearance at it too or else EP maybe.

If they were gonna do EP id rather them wait till the next album and headline it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 foxc85

looking forward to Guns N Roses

foxc85 wrote: »
    looking forward to Guns N Roses

Very much too, although I'm seeing them in London not Slane

Looking forward to seeing a few other legendary bands play live too, Disturbed (Co headliner with Avenged Sevenfold) and Black Sabbath next month, Iron Maiden and Aerosmith in the summer

Hopefully we will get A Metallica show next autumn (said there not touring Europe til the autumn), love if Bon Jovi and Rolling Stones played gig's here. U2 playing here is a good possibilitie as there rumoured to be touring next year

I'd probably go to see Garth Brooks if he came here

2017 looks very good for gig's so far

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 foxc85

A great year ahead GnR , Bruno Mars,Emeli Sande ,NeiL diamond .A great mix of music there lol

15590076_10154176685897045_8673355889143145633_n.png?oh=d2e99e16ba06b3f29f6cee66ce4bfd25&oe=58F902B6

15590076_10154176685897045_8673355889143145633_n.png?oh=d2e99e16ba06b3f29f6cee66ce4bfd25&oe=58F902B6

Marley Park (if concerts are taking place there next summer ???) or RHK

Maybe a Co headline show with Kings Of Leon ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Marley Park (if concerts are taking place there next summer ???) or RHK

Maybe a Co headline show with Kings Of Leon ??

They're rumoured to headline reading and Leeds wonder could they b at ElectricPicnic

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    They're rumoured to headline reading and Leeds wonder could they b at ElectricPicnic

Yea them doing EP would def make me think about keep my ticket

I'm in Dublin January 12-17. Any suggestions for good music during this time frame ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

I'm almost sure Garth Brooks is going to do a few shows here in 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

The EP snobs would have a heart attack if they were announced

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

s8n wrote: »
    The EP snobs would have a heart attack if they were announced

No, we've held a meeting and decided that they are acceptable but meh, we'll go watch the cool kid music and leave these to the philistines and the unclean troglodyte ingrates.

(that's sarcasm btw)

Red Hot Chili Peppers 3arena

Wed 20 September 2017 (Tuesday 20th Dec 2016 Ticket holders)
    Thurs 21 September 2017 (Weds 21st Dec 2016 Ticket holders)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

I'm almost sure Garth Brooks is going to do a few shows here in 2017

is that just a hunch??

I think the same BTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

No, we've held a meeting and decided that they are acceptable but meh, we'll go watch the cool kid music and leave these to the philistines and the unclean troglodyte ingrates.

(that's sarcasm btw or is it)

The rest of us kept the meeting after you left and we decided to fix your post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

is that just a hunch??

I think the same BTW!

I also think the same.

But then there are times where I think that it won't happen. Like he has said that he won't be touring outside of America until 2018.

But then, there are other things that gives me hope that he will tour in 2017.

He does give mixed messages with a lot of things he says. Like he was meant to be in his last 20 cities of the American tour since last July but then he said that January will be the start of the last 20 cities in America.

If it was going from last summer, he should be finished up in America by summer 2017.

This will also be the longest American leg he has done even though previous two years, he hasn't played 20 cities in each leg.

He said that previous cities he played during his retirement will be last and he already played Las Vegas. I don't see why he would keep Las Vegas one of the last, play it in summer of 2016 and not go overseas until 2018.

He has said that Nashville will be last city he will play in America. There is a huge gap in the Bridgestone Arena's events in the month of June. I think he might play in June.

But if he plays in June, will July be a bit too early to head straight into the European leg of the tour considering that going by previous years, he seems to like to take a few weeks off around August.

There are also two free dates still available for Croke Park. Garth Brooks likes to announce things at the last minute. He likes to have a short lead time between ticket sales and when he plays. It's something like 6 weeks between concert announcement and when he plays in America.

I think, any other band or artist would have their tour set and announced by now. So if there is a concert announcement after Christmas, it can very much be Garth Brooks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

Garth Brooks is guaranteed to play in 2017.

This following quote made my Christmas.

Amazon has recently released Garth Brooks entire catalog for streaming.

Here's a quote from a recent press release

“I hope my fans will enjoy this surprise holiday gift,” stated the 2016 CMA Entertainer of the Year, Garth Brooks. “As we look to 2017, I couldn’t be more thrilled to have Amazon Music along for the ride on my upcoming tour as we go worldwide.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

The Raptor wrote: »
    Garth Brooks is guaranteed to play in 2017.

This following quote made my Christmas.

Amazon has recently released Garth Brooks entire catalog for streaming.

Here's a quote from a recent press release

“I hope my fans will enjoy this surprise holiday gift,” stated the 2016 CMA Entertainer of the Year, Garth Brooks. “As we look to 2017, I couldn’t be more thrilled to have Amazon Music along for the ride on my upcoming tour as we go worldwide.”
    Jesus keep checking in here to think there's news and gob****es are posting about Garth brooks, get over it like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

Jesus keep checking in here to think there's news and gob****es are posting about Garth brooks, get over it like

The thread is about rumoured gigs, why shoud Garth Brooks talk be excluded? No need for the name calling.

Advertisement