Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Irish Gigs (rumours & confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,674 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

The 1975 are set to announce Irish Tour Dates , Maybe Belsonic and Kilmainham ?

The 1975

// I R E L A N D & N O R T H E R N I R E L A N D - T O U R N E W S S O O N // L O V E

Saw them a couple of years ago in Galway when they were touring the first album. Wolf Alice were actually the support that night, but I missed them.

They put on a good show in fairness.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Jamiroquai have announced a string of headline festival dates for summer 2017.

Frontman Jay Kay and the band will play festivals in Japan, South Korea and continental Europe from May to August. However, they have yet to announce any UK and Ireland dates.

Thu May 25 2017 – Tokyo International Forum, Tokyo, Japan
    Sun May 28 2017 – Seoul Jazz Festival, Seoul, South Korea
    Sat June 17 2017 – Release Athens Festival, Athens, Greece
    Sun June 9 2017 – North Sea Jazz, Rotherdam, Netherlands
    Tue July 11 2017 – Firenze Summer Festival, Visarno Arena, Florence, Italy
    Fri July 14 2017 – Pori Jazz, Pori, Finland
    Sun July 16 2017 – Musilac, Aix-Les-Bains, France
    Tue July 18 2017 – Moon & Stars, Locarno, Switzerland
    Sat July 22 2017 – Colours of Ostrava, Czech Republic
    Sat July 5 2017 – Sudoeste, Portugal

Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/jamiroquai-announce-summer-festival-dates-and-tease-new-music-1947890#i3dFy4oS86Ws9OiY.99

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Good god, the twat in the hat!

(could he be the type for EP?)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,412 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Good god, the twat in the hat!

(could he be the type for EP?)

He be a good shout for the daytripper festival in Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I would love to see Jamiroquai, I joked with a friend a while ago that they would be my dream Electric Picnic act but I never thought it would have a chance of happening. I would definitely go if they played in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

Longitude first names were announced 22nd January last year so hopefully we get some news in the next few days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

neddynono wrote: »
    Longitude first names were announced 22nd January last year so hopefully we get some news in the next few days

Not my preference but If I had to guess I would say The Weeknd, The Killers and Foals as possible headliners. Maybe Frank Ocean too but I think he'd be wasted on the Longitude crowd.

lc180 wrote: »
    Not my preference but If I had to guess I would say The Weeknd, The Killers and Foals as possible headliners. Maybe Frank Ocean too but I think he'd be wasted on the Longitude crowd.

Would it be a bit of a step down for The Killers to headline Longitude? Like you compare previous headliners id feel Killers would be too big since they are still fairly big over here.

The Weeknd is cert unless they keep him till EP (but his tour dates are looking like he is only around Europe over July)

What about Kings of Leon? They seem to be dipping in popularity over the last few years

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Would it be a bit of a step down for The Killers to headline Longitude? Like you compare previous headliners id feel Killers would be too big since they are still fairly big over here.

The Weeknd is cert unless they keep him till EP (but his tour dates are looking like he is only around Europe over July)

What about Kings of Leon? They seem to be dipping in popularity over the last few years

Yeah I would say the Weeknd is the most likely headliner for Longitude this year. Looking at tour dates, Justice, Frank Ocean, Imagine Dragons, Phoenix & Warpaint all look like possibilities. Hopefully we get an announcement this Friday or next.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Would definitely be a step down for the Killers but their last gig in the Phoenix Park didn't sell well at all so my thinking is MCD might put them on a festival lineup instead of taking the risk with another large headline gig.

KOL popularity has definitely dipped but they've always sold massive ticket numbers here. Probably get their own Marlay park gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,674 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

lc180 wrote: »
    KOL popularity has definitely dipped but they've always sold massive ticket numbers here. Probably get their own Marlay park gig.

I'm still hoping that they do have one of the Marlay park gigs. Think the outdoor summer setting could suit them. The new album is decent too after a couple of poor showings.

Have waited a good while to see them as their Slane gig at the height of their popularity coincided with my 21st weekend :o

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

So Paraic Duffy of The GAA has ruled out a 2nd U2 Concert, interestingly he did say that there will be 3 gigs at Croke Park in 2017 and that the 3rd gig is not Garth Brooks.. It must be Ed Sheeran!

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaa-directorgeneral-praic-duffy-explains-the-role-bertie-aherns-governments-played-in-the-development-of-the-dublin-juggernaut-35378410.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

So Paraic Duffy of The GAA has ruled out a 2nd U2 Concert, interestingly he did say that there will be 3 gigs at Croke Park in 2017 and that the 3rd gig is not Garth Brooks.. It must be Ed Sheeran!

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaa-directorgeneral-praic-duffy-explains-the-role-bertie-aherns-governments-played-in-the-development-of-the-dublin-juggernaut-35378410.html

The third slot won't be handed to Garth Brooks. What an eejit.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Ed Sheeran says he will be touring from March, dates etc to be announced soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

As i said before in the thread Ed Sheeran will do the 3arena this year he won't do croker.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

showpony1 wrote: »
    As i said before in the thread Ed Sheeran will do the 3arena this year he won't do croker.

He can play in the local field just once i get to see him :) had tickets for his gig in croker in 2015 and couldnt go on the night - still gutted!

Yeah a few nights in the 3arena this summer/autumn to build up hype for a 2 night Croke Park run in the summer of 2018

It could be The Rolling Stones/Lady GAGA (if she can do the Superbowl HT show she could do Croke Park ?), Foo Fighters or Kings of Leon for the third Croke Park show. If there is a third concert and Ed Sheeran doesn't do it. Possible May or Early June date for whoever does it

Off topic a bit but with this new 25000 seated GAA stadium possibly opening in south Dublin would that mean that Croke Park would be closed for most of the winter/spring as the Dublin league games would be played in the new Stadium ??. To maximize future revenue could The GAA ask for a bigger concert allocation when the new place is built ??

Snarky Snark Snark

Didn't Gaga have trouble selling out the Aviva last time (or was that Rihanna)?

Not sure she'd fill a stadium though.

I didn't think Lady Gaga was big anymore surprised she doing superbowl.

Bruno Mars could probably have easily filled Croker but don't think he is doing stadium shows.

Foo Fighters would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Is there any chance that the Stones could play 3arena?
    Bruno Mars could probably have easily filled Croker but don't think he is doing stadium shows.
    Don't think I have ever even heard his stuff, getting old, I cringe everytime I see the state of him, keeps appearing on emails, looks like Ali G or something, didn't know he was that popular.

Though I was shocked to hear Ed Sheeran was playing croke park too, saw him in Whelans on Arthurs day and we considered it a real dud surprise act.

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »

Don't think I have ever even heard his stuff, getting old, I cringe everytime I see the state of him, keeps appearing on emails, looks like Ali G or something, didn't know he was that popular.

Though I was shocked to hear Ed Sheeran was playing croke park too, saw him in Whelans on Arthurs day and we considered it a real dud surprise act.

Bruno Mars sold out two 3arena dates in a few minutes, maybe a stretch for croker i suppose. its also a show you want to be able to see not a dot on stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Future Islands for Iveagh Gardens

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Ennio Morricone playing his last Irish show on September 23rd in the 3Arena. Tickets on sale Friday.

rubadub wrote: »

that would be amazing but think there only playing Stadiums too get that one last big pay day lol.

Bruno mars and Ed Sheeran seem to the popular guys nowadays but IMO i dont think they will be marquee acts in 20/30 years like Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel etc but who knows. Rather listen to Ed than Bruno Mars if i had a choice

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

ED Sheeran interviewed today in UK where he says that he much prefers stadium gigs now as they are more enjoyable so I'd say he's nailed on for 3rd night in Croke park He said that he would start touring from March in Europe with dates to be announced

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Think i saw spin saying he might play at EP!

argentum wrote: »
    ED Sheeran interviewed today in UK where he says that he much prefers stadium gigs now as they are more enjoyable so I'd say he's nailed on for 3rd night in Croke park He said that he would start touring from March in Europe with dates to be announced

Cant see him only playing 1 stadium show unless he does a few other stadiums around ireland. Also of course he likes playing stadiums because he can rake in more money ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Think i saw spin saying he might play at EP!

Hope not. I doubt it aswell as he'd cost too much.

Snarky Snark Snark

Hope not. I doubt it aswell as he'd cost too much.

That'd be my thinking, he would shift tickets but they don't seem to have that problem anymore so why book him?

• Advertisement

argentum wrote: »

he literally said in an interview that he is doing arenas in 2017 and doing his outdoor gigs in 2018. why people keep saying nailed on for croker this year?
    "This time, I didn't want to go straight into stadiums. I wanted to get the tour good first.We are doing smaller shows... It's mad to say an arena is a small show cause it's not, but it was a conscious decision not to book a load of Wembley's this year."

Advertisement