Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Irish Gigs (rumours & confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,411 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Them prices are crazy. There's very few musical artists I would gladly pay that kind of big money to see and Neil Diamond isn't. I mean like I do like his music but no way would I pay that kind of money. What's holding me back from going to see this lad is that the gig is on a Tuesday and mid week gigs don't suit me.

Same goes for Phil Collins. I like his music but I'm not going to pay 90 quid for a pitch ticket. That and it's on a Sunday too.

Celine Dion was mentioned and I like her music too but I'll probably give a gig a miss too.

There's very few I'd pay big money to see.

Iron maiden ,Guns and n Roses and u2 too look forward too this summer is OK for me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Them prices are crazy. There's very few musical artists I would gladly pay that kind of big money to see and Neil Diamond isn't. I mean like I do like his music but no way would I pay that kind of money. What's holding me back from going to see this lad is that the gig is on a Tuesday and mid week gigs don't suit me.

Same goes for Phil Collins. I like his music but I'm not going to pay 90 quid for a pitch ticket. That and it's on a Sunday too.

Celine Dion was mentioned and I like her music too but I'll probably give a gig a miss too.

There's very few I'd pay big money to see.

Yip Neil Diamonds prices are outrageous .
    Any excuse for a tour ,a 50th anniversary tour ,so lets fleece the fans.

I'd say you will have no bother picking up a ticket for Phil below cost the week of the gig.

As for Celine Dion I dont think she will play Ireland.
    Judging by the prices for her residency in Paris last year the prices for her upcoming European tour will be astronomical .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Zardoz wrote: »

I'd say you will have no bother picking up a ticket for Phil below cost the week of the gig.

Judging by the prices for her residency in Paris last year the prices for her upcoming European tour will be astronomical .

The Aviva was a big stretch for that one alright.

Real law of supply and demand stuff here. Older music fans have more disposable income, so the ticket price will always be bigger. Plus if they are still touring on the nostalgia circuit, they are probably a pretty big name. Also there is always the, probably the last time i'll get to see them live, factor at play.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

New Scottish festival "Trnsmt" has been announced taking place 7-9 July at Glasgow Green

Daily Record says that it'll be headlined by Radiohead, Kasabian and Biffy Clyro, although Kasabian are apparently a UK festival exclusive for R&L, so one of them must be wrong.
    R&L have claimed exclusives in the past for acts that have already been announced for other festivals though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Daily Record says that it'll be headlined by Radiohead, Kasabian and Biffy Clyro, although Kasabian are apparently a UK festival exclusive for R&L, so one of them must be wrong.
    R&L have claimed exclusives in the past for acts that have already been announced for other festivals though :pac:

Scotland will have left by then :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Ed Sheeran in the 3 Arena 12th & 13th April!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

fifi28 wrote: »

Wow! The 12th and 13th are a Wednesday and Thursday. I suspect mkre dates will go on sale for the Friday and Saturday. It's a just a matter of checking his touring schedule online and the 3 arenas calendar. Either way, that won't be long coming about.

sold out 4 nights there a few years ago, and not much room for adding extra nights so they will be like gold-dust i'd imagine.
    going by the relatively small size of the tour, it looks like a pre-cursor to stadium shows in the summer, presumably after headlining Glastonbury.

e: and I see these dates are with Aiken, so maybe they have the 3rd Croke Park date set for him?

Wow! The 12th and 13th are a Wednesday and Thursday. I suspect mkre dates will go on sale for the Friday and Saturday. It's a just a matter of checking his touring schedule online and the 3 arenas calendar. Either way, that won't be long coming about.

Had a look at the tour schedule and would definitely bet on the friday being added if the 3arena is available!

he's already playing Sunday and Monday in Glasgow, so can't see him doing 6+ nights on the trot (and that would be without Glasgow adding another date, as he's playing Newcastle on the follwing Weds/Thurs)
    maybe the Friday, but I doubt he'll do the Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

I don't feel like I'm missing out. I have a lot of their music on my iPod but I'm happy to give their gigs a miss due to the lack of funds. I just don't have the money to spead 90 euro+ on a ticket. I'd only be willing to stretch the boat out for very few. I'll keep an eye out in the week or two coming up to Phil Collins for a ticket but I'm not pushed either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

fifi28 wrote: »

Who does that leave for the 3rd night in Croke Park??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

Who does that leave for the 3rd night in Croke Park??

Rolling Stones?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

SteM wrote: »
    Rolling Stones?

Could well be! There aren't many acts left

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

From the rumour I've heard, it is them and end of May is the time frame.

From the rumour I've heard, it is them and end of May is the time frame.

Interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Tickets go on sale on 2 March in Ticketmaster at 10am @ €70, and at 10:20am on Seatwave @ €1000

• Registered Users Posts: 86,585 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yep! The 3 arena is as good as sold out now. On Nathan's facebook, it says it's sold out. I was able to get a standing ticket though. There's a few more single tickets or double seats together here and there but it's as good as sold out now. 9000 on the night according to a Facebook video.

Carter himself always puts up gig sold out yet they always seems to be some tickets left :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Friday 14th April is Good Friday. Would an extra Ed Sheeran date be put on that night?

Friday 14th April is Good Friday. Would an extra Ed Sheeran date be put on that night?

:( arrgh didnt cop that.

• Advertisement

his manager has said that there will be no extra nights for these dates.

going from 4 nights in the 3Arena, to 2 nights in Croker, back down to 2 nights in 3Arena seems odd!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

his manager has said that there will be no extra nights for these dates.

going from 4 nights in the 3Arena, to 2 nights in Croker, back down to 2 nights in 3Arena seems odd!

I'd say he will do a stadium tour in the summer ,these indoor gigs are just to generate demand for outdoor gigs.

I'd say he will do a stadium tour in the summer ,these indoor gigs are just to generate demand for outdoor gigs.
    that's what i thought but he has said he's doing stadiums next year apparently. not sure he really needs to generate demand as he did 2 nights at Croker last time.
    it's possible that he's doing all 3 nights next year as he sold out those 2 easily enough IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭hynesie08

that's what i thought but he has said he's doing stadiums next year apparently. not sure he really needs to generate demand as he did 2 nights at Croker last time.
    it's possible that he's doing all 3 nights next year as he sold out those 2 easily enough IIRC.

I'd say these shows are just to get people used to the new album/tighten up the live performances of new songs. Croke park and Wembley are not the places you wanna play unfamiliar material or find out one of your songs doesn't work live.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    I'd say these shows are just to get people used to the new album/tighten up the live performances of new songs. Croke park and Wembley are not the places you wanna play unfamiliar material or find out one of your songs doesn't work live.
    only takes a gigs to do that really, he's probably headlining Glastonbury in June so he should be well sorted by then with the gigs he's doing in March/April...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,024 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I'd say the Euromillions winners are delighted with the news.

They can probably just afford a ticket each to Ed Sheeran once they hit Seatwave.

I'd say the Euromillions winners are delighted with the news.

They can probably just afford a ticket each to Ed Sheeran once they hit Seatwave.
    I see he's teamed up with face-value or less site Twickets for the UK gigs for reselling tickets.
    http://edsheeran.twickets.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

I see he's teamed up with face-value or less site Twickets for the UK gigs for reselling tickets.
    http://edsheeran.twickets.co.uk/

No use to us here though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,024 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

No use to us here though

The odds of people reselling at face value is minimal anyway. Much like toutless, for big gigs there are rarely people selling at face. It's a nice idea to have this "hub" but it only works if people are happy to sell at face value which for his gigs will be few and far between.

People who are selling will either be touts maximising their margin on Seatwave etc or they're individuals who'll sell on the tickets at face value to a friend etc.

• Advertisement

If there is to be a third Croke Park concert it could be one of the following

The Rolling Stones
    The Killers with a big support lineup
    Kings Of Leon and Support
    Lady Gaga
    Celine Dion

Ed Sheeran is doing the 3arena, No sign of Garth Brooks coming here, Metallica won't be touring Europe til the autumn

Possibly May or June date for whoever the third act is

Advertisement