Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Irish Gigs (rumours & confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭eldest200

I'd say it's the rolling stones

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

PTH2009 wrote: »
    If there is to be a third Croke Park concert it could be one of the following

The Rolling Stones Most Likely imo
    The Killers with a big support lineup Not big enough for Croke Park
    Kings Of Leon and Support Not big enough for Croke Park
    Lady Gaga only sold 30,000 tickets for The Aviva
    Celine Dion a possibility but not sure if she's relevant anymore

Ed Sheeran is doing the 3arena, No sign of Garth Brooks coming here, Metallica won't be touring Europe til the autumn

Possibly May or June date for whoever the third act is

We'll find out soon enough I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

eldest200 wrote: »
    I'd say it's the rolling stones

Hope so but have a bad feeling it will be the 16th or 17th June and I'm heading to London too see GNR then

A date in May bar the 6th or 27th would suite me

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The odds of people reselling at face value is minimal anyway. Much like toutless, for big gigs there are rarely people selling at face.
    You cannot tell what really goes on with toutless. A large sold out gig will have loads of people putting up wanted ads. I can see for say Adele there were people selling, and as expected lots of wanted ads.

but there is no way to see how many people got sorted. People coming on to sell tickets can sign up and send a PM direct to user who put up a wanted ad. Its a sellers market so no real need to put up a "for sale" ad. Many will not bother to update their adverts if they either got or sold them.

https://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24241
    People who are selling will either be touts maximising their margin on Seatwave etc or they're individuals who'll sell on the tickets at face value to a friend etc
    people can pull out a day or 2 before a gig and it could be hard to find anyone they know who would take them at such short notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Hope Interpol add a Dublin date to their TOTBL tour, however I think it's a bit unlikely as it seems quite a specific tour.

One of the few albums I would make extra effort to see performed in full live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭eldest200

A date in May bar the 6th or 27th would suite me[/quote]

That would suit me to. I'll be seeing coldplay and u2 in July and I'll probably be going to longitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Croke Park Hotel

Sat 6 May- €359 (Maiden playing 3arena that night though)
    Sat 13 May- €245.65
    Sat 20 May- €245.65
    Sat 27 May- sold out (guns n roses Slane)
    Matches there weekends of 3/4 & 10/11 June
    Sat 17 June- sold out
    Matches there 24/25 June

Looking like its the 17th June or Sat 6 May (don't think Maiden and the Stones would have similar audiences)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

rubadub wrote: »
    You cannot tell what really goes on with toutless. A large sold out gig will have loads of people putting up wanted ads. I can see for say Adele there were people selling, and as expected lots of wanted ads.

but there is no way to see how many people got sorted. People coming on to sell tickets can sign up and send a PM direct to user who put up a wanted ad. Its a sellers market so no real need to put up a "for sale" ad. Many will not bother to update their adverts if they either got or sold them.

https://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24241

people can pull out a day or 2 before a gig and it could be hard to find anyone they know who would take them at such short notice.

Agreed. I didn't say it was useless, just that it doesn't really accomplish a huge amount as touts will be touts regardless. It'll only really assist in a small percentage of cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I see he's teamed up with face-value or less site Twickets for the UK gigs for reselling tickets.
    http://edsheeran.twickets.co.uk/

Looks like he is doing the same as Radiohead with the UK gigs

From Ticketmaster
    The name of the lead booker will be printed on each ticket. The name cannot be changed once the booking has been made. The lead booker will be asked to present photo ID to gain entry into the venue. Where the lead booker is purchasing more than their own ticket, each guest in the party must arrive with the lead booker at the venue on the night of the show. Failure to do so will result in the guests being turned away. Failure to adhere to the terms and conditions may result in the customers' order being void. There are no exceptions to this rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Hoping for a Forbidden Fruit and/or Longitude announcement tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

Corholio wrote: »
    Hope Interpol add a Dublin date to their TOTBL tour, however I think it's a bit unlikely as it seems quite a specific tour.

One of the few albums I would make extra effort to see performed in full live.

playing the electric picnic

• Registered Users Posts: 86,585 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Wow! The 12th and 13th are a Wednesday and Thursday. I suspect mkre dates will go on sale for the Friday and Saturday. It's a just a matter of checking his touring schedule online and the 3 arenas calendar. Either way, that won't be long coming about.

Any chance Sheeran might do a few nights at LATM Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Any chance Sheeran might do a few nights at LATM Cork?

Not a hope in hell.

The only Cork venue that will cater for Sheeran will be the re-developed Paric Ui Chaoimh.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Pretty decent line up for Kendal Calling in the UK

16179575_10155755327088761_3834929838410730427_o.jpg?oh=e40faa335ca262a22363ad8bd5acb69f&oe=591A3C4D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

lc180 wrote: »
    Hoping for a Forbidden Fruit and/or Longitude announcement tomorrow.

Hoping to hear something from Longitude today, going off previous years today at about 12 would be a good guess. I'm guessing The Weeknd, Frank Ocean and Kasabian as headliners.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Hoping to hear something from Longitude today, going off previous years today at about 12 would be a good guess. I'm guessing The Weeknd, Frank Ocean and Kasabian as headliners.

I reckon you are right. I've a feeling The XX, Lana Del Ray or Two Door Cinema Club could also be contenders. I'd love if New Order was the Sunday night headliner but not even sure if they are touring this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Belle & Sebastian for Iveagh Gardens, Thursday 20th July

• Registered Users Posts: 38 c773er

I think I read somewhere that Ed Sheeran said he'll definitely play in Belfast in 2017. No arena date was announced. Anyone reckon he could headline Tennants Vital?

I think I read somewhere that Ed Sheeran said he'll definitely play in Belfast in 2017. No arena date was announced. Anyone reckon he could headline Tennants Vital?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If he does T-Vital the id say he is nailed to V Festival too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

playing the electric picnic

Ya that seems to be the case with the slip up reveal a few days ago, unlikely they'll play the album in full there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Surprised Longitude didn't make an announcement yet, the past 3 years they announced on 22nd, 23rd & 24th of January (Fridays), so was convinced we would get something yesterday. Irish festivals must be one of the last to release information, aside from a handful of acts for Life & Forbidden Fruit we haven't had any real festival news so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,592 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Surprised Longitude didn't make an announcement yet, the past 3 years they announced on 22nd, 23rd & 24th of January (Fridays), so was convinced we would get something yesterday. Irish festivals must be one of the last to release information, aside from a handful of acts for Life & Forbidden Fruit we haven't had any real festival news so far.

Yep only Life festival has announced a few names so far this year.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Opeth on Saturday 18th November in the Academy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

The 1975 playing malahide castle sat 17th June

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Devin Townsend on the 14th of June in the Academy!

Kings Of Leon announce North American tour from April 28 - May 20 & July 26 - August 26.

They happen to be free for when the Marley Park gigs are taking place & Longitude. I don't know if they'd go to EP?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 shadow7ml

Does anyone know the capacity of Malahide Castle ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

shadow7ml wrote: »
    Does anyone know the capacity of Malahide Castle ?

Anywhere up to 35,000 but is scaled down depending on the artist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

IMO I think mcd will use malahide instead of marley park this year. Maybe mcd got sick of the residents complaints. The 1975 would have been an ideal marley park act.
    Maybe this is why we haven't heard anything from longitude. Could it be on the move too?

Advertisement