Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Irish Gigs (rumours & confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 c773er

Lady Gaga is to announce the first dates of her World Tour next week after she performs at the Super Bowl Halftime Show this Sunday. She'll definitely be announcing the US & Canada dates. Not sure whether she'll announce the European dates just yet.

Idina Menzel announced for LATM Cork on June 25

• Registered Users Posts: 86,585 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

c773er wrote: »

Has she other songs besides the ones from Frozen and Wicked :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Another underwhelming act.
    It has to be the worst lineup ever for LATM.
    I wouldnt cross the road to see any of them bar Elton John.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Ah man, it's just not the same when John Travolta doesn't make the announcement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

a few for Longitude or Malahide Castle perhaps?

C3hgPGDWEAc3qeG.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

I'd love to see London Grammar playing indoors this time - loved them at the Picnic last time - hope new album matches the first..

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

Longitude festival sent out another one of their "home" tweets this evening posting for the first time in a while. Brought a flurry of replies saying lineup..etc
    Possible announcement tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Kings Of Leon have announced a Dublin date at 3Arena on Saturday 01 July.

peteeeed wrote: »

Glad its on a Saturday night and indoors ,but tickets are a bit expensive ,priced from €85.50 including booking and facility fees .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Indorrs in July? Would have thought Marley or Malahide was better for that time of year. Must have a big stage show planned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Surprising venue for KoL.
    Also nice to see they are cutting out the tout middle man and are just going to straight to ripping off the fans themselves :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

didn't think anyone still liked KOL

or Lady Gaga for that matter lol, would be funny if she tried play croker.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,768 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

showpony1 wrote: »
    or Lady Gaga for that matter lol, would be funny if she tried play croker.

Is she still a thing?!? Thought that whole Gaga thing died about 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Zardoz wrote: »
    priced from €85.50 including booking and facility fees .
    think that is the first time I have seen the facility fee supposedly included (as I am not convinced it is included).

The booking fee is always included, the only reason I can see why they mention it being included is to fool people into thinking they are talking about the service charges -which will be an additional €6.85 if buying online. The facility fee is €1, it would not surprise me if this is not included as the media often gets this stuff wrong. The price is not shown on the mcd page https://mcd.ie/artists/kings-of-leon/

Also this price is "from", so those 85.50 could be the price of the worst seats, standing could be more.

mrcheez wrote: »

Super Bowl Halftime Show this Sunday.
    Tour announcement Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Well I don't think michael buble will be touring anytime soon, hope everything works out for him and his family.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/michael-bubles-son-noah-diagnosed-9194235

Some good news on that.

"Cancer has gone" from Michael Buble's son according to little boy's aunt

mrcheez wrote: »

She's about to play the most-watched show of 2017 so yeah, I'd say she's still a thing. Just not to most of our taste I'd imagine
    lady-gaga-super-bowl-compressed.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Another week, another gig. I've already been warned not to buy any more concert tickets this year. Guess I'll have to make myself comfortable on the couch...or just buy one. That cuts down on the price.

Another week, another gig. I've already been warned not to buy any more concert tickets this year. Guess I'll have to make myself comfortable on the couch...or just buy one. That cuts down on the price.

This year seems to be very bad for it.
    There were a ridiculous amount of gigs announced at short notice in the run up to Christmas .
    You'd normally expect January to be quiet but U2 came along and once the Jan payday approached a host more gigs were announced.

• Advertisement

Zardoz wrote: »
    This year seems to be very bad for it.
    There were a ridiculous amount of gigs announced at short notice in the run up to Christmas .
    You'd normally expect January to be quiet but U2 came along and once the Jan payday approached a host more gigs were announced.

Yeah they have all seemed to come along together and I'll be expecting a Longitude and Rolling Stones announcement in the not too distant future which doesn't do my bank balance any favours.

First Lineup for EP will be announced the week of March 20.

Is it normal to be that late to announce EP?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

First Lineup for EP will be announced the week of March 20.

Is it normal to be that late to announce EP?

yeah thats when the next batch of tickets go on sale

yeah thats when the next batch of tickets go on sale

I just thought the end of March was late enough to be releasing the first acts of the Lineup. I suppose the festival is in early Sept so, yea seems fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yeah they have all seemed to come along together and I'll be expecting a Longitude and Rolling Stones announcement in the not too distant future which doesn't do my bank balance any favours.

tis going to be an expensive one, hopefully i can attend the gig as i have a lot on in June

PTH2009 wrote: »
    tis going to be an expensive one, hopefully i can attend the gig as i have a lot on in June

I've a busy June myself. Don't mind paying extra for someone like the Stones though providing they stick to the good stuff and don't kill it with the new 'Blue and Lonesome' album.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I've a busy June myself. Don't mind paying extra for someone like the Stones though providing they stick to the good stuff and don't kill it with the new 'Blue and Lonesome' album.

same boat myself but the rumoured dates (June 16 or June 17) clash with my trip to London to see Guns N Roses, I could possibily make it back over if the stones played the 17th June as the gig wont start til about 7.45-8pm. I heading to see Aerosmith in the 3arena on Weds 14th June too.

TIS A TOUGH LIFE :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,592 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

16403378_10153957037956706_3047513874681076590_o.jpg.893a90aead217b951de78469ab2d9dd3.jpg

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I heading to see Aerosmith in the 3arena on Weds 14th June too.

TIS A TOUGH LIFE :D:D

I'll see you there :D Front and center! I have GNR in Slane.

Whats the chances of Foo Fighters doing a gig here in the summer? Would love to see them again.

• Advertisement

16403378_10153957037956706_3047513874681076590_o.jpg.893a90aead217b951de78469ab2d9dd3.jpg

Who are they trying to impress putting the nationalities alongside the bands

Advertisement