Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Irish Gigs (rumours & confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Who are they trying to impress putting the nationalities alongside the bands

Maybe it's so Trump knows who to let back into the US when the summer tours are over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Maybe it's so Trump knows who to let back into the US when the summer tours are over.

WptgvZ.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Maybe the Foo Fighters might do Croke Park. Expect a show from them here in 2018 at some point

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

16403378_10153957037956706_3047513874681076590_o.jpg.893a90aead217b951de78469ab2d9dd3.jpg

That's a fantastic line up imo. Hopefully longitude gets something similiar!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Ed Sheeran let slip about a Croke Park date on Rat D'Arcy show today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 shadow7ml

As in 2018 yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Stones rumoured to play too in June

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

There was a post from 2013 saying that Garth Brooks was to do a tour of Ireland followed by a couple of nights in the RDS in 2014. Somehow, all that changed into 5 nights in Croke Park. What are the chances of the original plan happening this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

The Raptor wrote: »
    There was a post from 2013 saying that Garth Brooks was to do a tour of Ireland followed by a couple of nights in the RDS in 2014. Somehow, all that changed into 5 nights in Croke Park. What are the chances of the original plan happening this year?

Hard to know at this stage as chances looking slimmer as each week passes & aside from expressing a wish to come back last year doesnt appear to be any strong rumours in recent weeks. Potentially goin to Oz end of year but who knows, could be 2018 for Ireland. After losing 5 croke park gigs I am not sure he will settle for something on a smaller scale! Potential dark horse is pairc ui chaoimh after rumours last year, due to open in June!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

Fortyjocks wrote: »
    Hard to know at this stage as chances looking slimmer as each week passes & aside from expressing a wish to come back last year doesnt appear to be any strong rumours in recent weeks. Potentially goin to Oz end of year but who knows, could be 2018 for Ireland. After losing 5 croke park gigs I am not sure he will settle for something on a smaller scale! Potential dark horse is pairc ui chaoimh after rumours last year, due to open in June!

Thought as much. We're into February and surely we would know something by now. Thought I'd ask anyway.

• Advertisement

Well Bruce Springsteen and the ESB won't be touring next summer but the Bass Player Gary Tallent is touring Ireland next summer

Maybe we might see Bruce and Co in 2018 or 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

Lady Gaga - London, Birmingham & Manchester - October 2017
    Just came in through the livenation newsletter.
    More here:
    http://www.ladygaga.com/tourdates

• Registered Users Posts: 38 c773er

sabrewulf wrote: »
    Lady Gaga - London, Birmingham & Manchester - October 2017
    Just came in through the livenation newsletter.
    More here:
    http://www.ladygaga.com/tourdates

Can't believe she's not coming to Ireland! She normally does at least 30 dates for her European tour. She's only doing 14 in Europe this time. She has a big US & Canada arena & stadium tour. Stadium shows in SF, Chicago, Boston & New York

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

c773er wrote: »
    Can't believe (lady gaga)'s not coming to Ireland! She normally does at least 30 dates for her European tour. She's only doing 14 in Europe this time. She has a big US & Canada arena & stadium tour. Stadium shows in SF, Chicago, Boston & New York

There's still some room around the UK dates...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

c773er wrote: »
    Can't believe she's not coming to Ireland! She normally does at least 30 dates for her European tour. She's only doing 14 in Europe this time. She has a big US & Canada arena & stadium tour. Stadium shows in SF, Chicago, Boston & New York

Only 14 initially announced ,but she will add more once the initial dates sell out.
    London will get at least 2 extra gigs ,and lots of other places will get an extra gig.

The European tour isnt until September anyway ,plenty of time to add an Irish date.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Delighted that Belle & Sebastian are playing Dublin this summer, tickets bought. Any other boardsies going?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 c773er

Zardoz wrote: »
    Only 14 initially announced ,but she will add more once the initial dates sell out.
    London will get at least 2 extra gigs ,and lots of other places will get an extra gig.

The European tour isnt until September anyway ,plenty of time to add an Irish date.

It looks like she's announced all of the North American dates. Some cities will probably get a second show. She has a really tight schedule & the 3Arena doesn't seem to be free when she's touring the UK. Neither does the SSE Hydro so I think that's why Glasgow didn't get a date. I'm trying to figure out if I can go abroad to see her.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

arcade fire are playing malahide june 15th according to the irish times

Reckon it's deff The Rolling Stones playing Croke Park

Hopefully a date is announced soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Reckon it's deff The Rolling Stones playing Croke Park

Hopefully a date is announced soon

What makes you so sure?? They aren't even touring ATM .. I'm intrigued

• Advertisement

hawkelady wrote: »
    What makes you so sure?? They aren't even touring ATM .. I'm intrigued

https://www.iorr.org/tour17/

https://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,2341402

the loopers on a Rolling Stones fan site reckon there deff touring europe dis summer

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

I know its not a music gig but Peter Kay is bringing Phoenix nights to 3Arena on March 17th

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

argentum wrote: »
    I know its not a music gig but Peter Kay is bringing Phoenix nights to 3Arena on March 17th

Nice, and in a similar vein albeit more local, Foil, Arms and Hog are playing Vicar street, which I'm also looking forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

Don't think he is

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Wonder could we see a a few of those at Indie?

16473848_10154993993224334_3780808074854584340_n.png?oh=170553426c1f80fa906ab6227a3afbaa&oe=5945A5D5

Apologies read it wrong ..in the uk its a Peter Kay production of phoenix nights that toured under that name for comic relief...over here its a load of Irish Comedians

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Apologies read it wrong ..in the uk its a Peter Kay production of phoenix nights that toured under that name for comic relief...over here its a load of Irish Comedians

Deirdre O'Kane is organising it and rumoured headliners are Dara O'Briain and Patrick Kielty (who id not even consider remotely funny).

RTÉ trying to get broadcasting rights.

Acts on the night include Tommy Tiernan, Dara O'Briain, Deirdre O'Kane, Jason Byrne, Des Bishop, Abandoman, Ed Byrne, David ODoherty, Alison Spittle, Bernard O'Shea, Panti Bliss, Ardal O'Hanlon & PJ Gallagher according to the three website

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭glencurtis252

New to this thread😉 anyone hear anything in the pipeline of stone roses I no they were only here last year (amazing gig) but with them doing Belfast and a few in UK I taught they mite pop up here somewhere

• Advertisement

Acts on the night include Tommy Tiernan, Dara O'Briain, Deirdre O'Kane, Jason Byrne, Des Bishop, Abandoman, Ed Byrne, David ODoherty, Alison Spittle, Bernard O'Shea, Panti Bliss, Ardal O'Hanlon & PJ Gallagher according to the three website

sounds like a good night but cant find any info on it. Dublin will be choc a block Paddys day

Advertisement