Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Irish Gigs (rumours & confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

New to this thread😉 anyone hear anything in the pipeline of stone roses I no they were only here last year (amazing gig) but with them doing Belfast and a few in UK I taught they mite pop up here somewhere

It's only just speculation but some are guessing they'll play Electric Picnic. Would be great if they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

c773er wrote: »
    It looks like she's announced all of the North American dates. Some cities will probably get a second show. She has a really tight schedule & the 3Arena doesn't seem to be free when she's touring the UK. Neither does the SSE Hydro so I think that's why Glasgow didn't get a date. I'm trying to figure out if I can go abroad to see her.

She is really trying to cash in on this tour,the ticket prices are very steep.
    Lower level seats in the US are over 300 dollars !
    135 pounds for lower level seats in London ,100 pounds for most upper level seats ,absolutely mental prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

We really are getting screwed with ticket prices over here now. Just saw on twitter innmusic festival in Croatia has arcade fire kasabian kings of Leon and alt j alll for €53 for 3days! €90 for kings of Leon alone in 3arena!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    We really are getting screwed with ticket prices over here now. Just saw on twitter innmusic festival in Croatia has arcade fire kasabian kings of Leon and alt j alll for €53 for 3days! €90 for kings of Leon alone in 3arena!

Not to mention the cheaper accommodation/food/beer and probably a cheap ryanair return flight as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 c773er

Zardoz wrote: »
    She is really trying to cash in on this tour,the ticket prices are very steep.
    Lower level seats in the US are over 300 dollars !
    135 pounds for lower level seats in London ,100 pounds for most upper level seats ,absolutely mental prices.

I know, it's disgraceful. The standing tickets seem to be slightly cheaper than last time (GA for Amsterdam is €66 whereas last time it was €80) but that's it.
    Don't get me started on the packages! She's doing a Meet & Greet for €1,300! It doesn't say how long you get to meet her & photos are taken in groups of 6!
    I would've went standing if she hadve came here but I don't think I'm going to bother going abroad now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,581 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

As Olly Murs playing Iveagh Gardens Dublin (€60), he could be possibility for LATM Cork yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Not to mention the cheaper accommodation/food/beer and probably a cheap ryanair return flight as well.

You forgot the lovely weather and women too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭holly8

Tel Aviv???

September
    24th - Bournemouth International Centre, Bournemouth, UK
    25th - Arena, Manchester, UK
    27th - The SSE Hydro, Glasgow, UK
    28th - Motorpoint Arena, Nottingham, UK
    30th - The O2, London, UK

October
    3rd - Zénith, Paris, France
    6th - Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam, Netherlands
    7th - Jahrhunderthalle, Frankfurt, Germany
    9th - Sporthalle, Hamburg, Germany
    10th - Rockhal, Luxembourg
    12th - Mitsubishi Electric Halle, Düsseldorf, Germany
    13th - Sportpaleis, Antwerp, Belgium
    16th - Spektrum, Oslo, Norway*
    18th - Ericsson Globe, Stockholm, Sweden
    20th - Royal Arena, Copenhagen, Denmark
    22nd - Max-Schmeling Halle, Berlin, Germany
    24th - Torwar, Warsaw, Poland
    26th - O2 Arena, Prague, Czech Republic
    28th - Kombank Arena, Belgrade, Serbia
    30th - Dvorana Tivoli, Ljubljana, Slovenia

November
    1st - Stadthalle, Vienna, Austria
    2nd - Zenith, Munich, Germany
    4th - Kioene Arena, Padova, Italy
    6th - Mediolanum Forum, Milan, Italy
    8th - PalaLottomatica, Rome, Italy
    12th - Hallenstadion, Zurich, Switzerland
    13th - Arena, Geneva, Switzerland
    16th - Faliro Sports Arena (Tae Kwon Do), Athens, Greece
    19th - Menorah Arena, Tel Aviv, Israel**

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

holly8 wrote: »
    Tel Aviv???

Its in Israel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

holly8 wrote: »
    Tel Aviv???
    Its in Israel

I'm conflicted (pardon the pun) about Radiohead's decision to play Tel Aviv.

Roger Waters is a big advocate of a cultural boycott.

I'd be inclined to agree - it whiffs of the Sun City gigs to me.

Jonny Greenwood's wife is Israeli, which perhaps explains it, though doesn't excuse it in my book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

A Glasgow festival similar to Forbidden Fruit, Longitude and Field Day called TRNSMT happening between 7th - 9th July held in the Glasgow Green park site. T in the Park doing a Longitude basically, maybe there is more money in these type of events these days. http://trnsmtfest.com/

trnsmt_lineup.jpg?strip=all&w=750

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

UsedToWait wrote: »
    I'm conflicted (pardon the pun) about Radiohead's decision to play Tel Aviv.

Roger Waters is a big advocate of a cultural boycott.

I'd be inclined to agree - it whiffs of the Sun City gigs to me.

Jonny Greenwood's wife is Israeli, which perhaps explains it, though doesn't excuse it in my book.

I think that very well does excuse it. You mustn't be married. Would you put your cultural beliefs over your wife's nationality.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Longitude posted on facebook last night 'Big announcement to be made soon'.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Harambe wrote: »
    Longitude posted on facebook last night 'Big announcement to be made soon'.

frank ocean

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Cancelled? New location?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

New location seems more likely than it being cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Malahide for Longitude? How many can it hold?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Malahide for Longitude? How many can it hold?

Not a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

'keep watching here as all the details of a full European tour this Fall will be announced before the end of the month'

Posted on Metallica's social media feeds. Please please be a 3arena date

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Harambe wrote: »
    New location seems more likely than it being cancelled.

I don't think they'd say "Big Announcement Coming!!" and then say 'its cancelled, soz'...

It'd be pretty hilarious honestly though. If MCD have moved the standalone gigs to malahide over Marlay, I can imagine Longitude; being (I assume) the costlier and more controversial event for the residents kicking up fuss; will also be moved.

Frank Ocean + The Killers possibly?

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    'keep watching here as all the details of a full European tour this Fall will be announced before the end of the month'

Probably will be knowing my luck. Want to see them indoors, but if Qotsa and Steven Wilson start touring then choices will have to be made!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

PTH2009 wrote: »

Marlay, please be Marlay!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Mushy wrote: »
    Probably will be knowing my luck. Want to see them indoors, but if Qotsa and Steven Wilson start touring then choices will have to be made!

By choices I hope you mean 'food and electricity or rent' and not Metallica or QOTSA :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

Big Nasty wrote: »

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Big Nasty wrote: »

Hope not as that would mean we would have too wait til summer 2018

The sound in the 3arena for Sabbath a few weeks ago was top notch so imagine how cool a Metallica show there with top notch sound

By choices I hope you mean 'food and electricity or rent' and not Metallica or QOTSA :P

Haha I won't be in a position to choose between food, electricity or rent, the boss would kill me!

If Qotsa just played NOS Alive it would be perfect!

Haha I won't be in a position to choose between food, electricity or rent, the boss would kill me!

If Qotsa just played NOS Alive it would be perfect!

I know the feeling. My Boss is already on the verge of killing me. Every time she says 'No more concerts this year' someone else announces. I'm like an addict...I just can't help myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

I know the feeling. My Boss is already on the verge of killing me. Every time she says 'No more concerts this year' someone else announces. I'm like an addict...I just can't help myself.

It's getting worse (better?) the older I'm getting too.
    Festivals and concerts consuming some of my leave from work...sure has to be done.

It's getting worse (better?) the older I'm getting too.
    Festivals and concerts consuming some of my leave from work...sure has to be done.

I'm the same. Day after Aerosmith, day after Phil Collins, 4 days for EP, day after RHCP... And I'm definitely getting worse the older I get. Tried to get her to go to Rock Werchter but was shot down...:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Cancelled? New location?
    Jim Carroll put up a blog a few days ago saying that his sources say it'll be going ahead, with Frank Ocean as one of the headliners.

no mention of venue though. would make more sense in Malahide if they already have the stage and venue set up there though.

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2017/02/07/just-what-is-going-on-with-longitude/
    Regardless of what is causing the hold-up with the announcement, we understand from our sources that this year’s event is going ahead and it’s believed that Frank Ocean will be the main name of interest on the bill. That makes sense seeing as he is also playing the Live Nation-owned London festival Lovebox that weekend. Of course, all of this depends on if Longitude is actually on the same weekend as it’s usually on. More, no doubt, later.

Advertisement