Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Irish Gigs (rumours & confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Bloc Party have been announced to headline the Trinity Ball

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭hynesie08

popup-image.jpg

Ah, c'mon now, think of all the poor minibus drivers from Longford and Leitrim and the street traders who still have 100,000 pink cowboy hats.... They need him to come back. Ireland needs him to come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Ah, c'mon now, think of all the poor minibus drivers from Longford and Leitrim and the street traders who still have 100,000 pink cowboy hats.... They need him to come back. Ireland needs him to come back.

You said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Metallica announced an extensive US stadia tour today .

European dates expected in the Autumn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Zardoz wrote: »
    Metallica announced an extensive US stadia tour today .

European dates expected in the Autumn.

Jesus, Metallica in the AT&T Stadium would be UNREAL.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Apparently there will be no gigs in Marlay outside of Longitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Apparently there will be no gigs in Marlay outside of Longitude.

Whos playing longitude?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

16649510_1413682991996167_243822881451422209_n.png?oh=0ff83b61b7f0e6717a5d549c67ce9738&oe=594BD124

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

presumably last year's move to the first weekend in July didn't work out too well if they've moved back to August?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Jesus, Metallica in the AT&T Stadium would be UNREAL.

I'm surprised that they are playing stadia ,I didnt realise that they were still so popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

presumably last year's move to the first weekend in July didn't work out too well if they've moved back to August?

Seems to be the case. Also not sure if Aiken are involved this year, don't see any mention of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

badbadnotgood june 26th the sugar club

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Zardoz wrote: »
    I'm surprised that they are playing stadia ,I didnt realise that they were still so popular.

Seriously?
    Their album was number one in America for a few weeks. Along with here and most countries.

They'd play Aviva or Slane hete if it was a summer date.. probably no Irish date if it's autumn though..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Seriously?
    Their album was number one in America for a few weeks. Along with here and most countries.

They'd play Aviva or Slane hete if it was a summer date.. probably no Irish date if it's autumn though..
    It's the standard response on here to a band who used to be bigger announcing a gig on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Seriously?

did they not play Marlay Park and the RDS the last few times they were here during the summer? don't think they'd be able to sell out the Aviva, and definitely not Slane.
    was Marlay Park sold out last time they played? they had a pretty big support lineup IIRC, Alice in Chains, Mastodon and a few more?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

16649510_1413682991996167_243822881451422209_n.png?oh=0ff83b61b7f0e6717a5d549c67ce9738&oe=594BD124

Castlepalooza is a great little festival, say I will make the trip again this year. It always seems to get terrible luck with the weather no matter what weekend it falls on. Caribou at it last year was probably my gig of the year. Decent first announcement, very happy with Wild Beasts, hopefully the Sunday headliner is strong!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Seriously?

Have to go along with Ghostdancer really,In the 2000s when they were gigging here every other year in which they brought sizable support they had 30-35k tops in the RDS although heard they supposedly had a bit more at the last Marlay show but still didn't sell out as far as I'm aware.

Also Avenged Sevenfold were number one here and on that very tour it was embarassing how few showed up, the correlation between record sales and and the gig goer in the current climate is up in the air.

Metallica would likely have the fact they've been on a right break away from here so assuming there is plenty of anxious fans they'd absolutely sell out 2 nights in the 3arena no bother but guessing it would also mean fans hitting both shows and tickets €90+, however with the scaling back maybe they'll think best to give here a miss and they'll still have much demand for a big summer outdoor show stopover from the inevitable 2018 festival shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Have to go along with Ghostdancer really,In the 2000s when they were gigging here every other year in which they brought sizable support they had 30-35k tops in the RDS although heard they supposedly had a bit more at the last Marlay show but still didn't sell out as far as I'm aware.

Also Avenged Sevenfold were number one here and on that very tour it was embarassing how few showed up, the correlation between record sales and and the gig goer in the current climate is up in the air.

Metallica would likely have the fact they've been on a right break away from here so assuming there is plenty of anxious fans and they'd absolutely sell out 2 nights in the 3arena no bother but guessing it would also mean fans hitting both shows and tickets €90+, however with the scaling back maybe they'll think best to give here a miss and they'll still have much demand for a big summer outdoor show stopover from the inevitable 2018 festival shows.

Ah ya if I'm honest I'm expecting no show in the autumn, probably a travel to London,
    And then a big outdoor in 2018..

But a man can dream right?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ah ya if I'm honest I'm expecting no show in the autumn, probably a travel to London,
    And then a big outdoor in 2018..

But a man can dream right?:P

We can all dream man. The taught of waking up some morning and checking Facebook etc to see a page titled 'Metallica bring there worldwired tour to the 3arena dublin' would make me very happy indeed

The 2017 autumn tour could only hit 11/12 big cities spread out over September/October then they will return to Europe in the summer of 2018 and play festivals and outdoor venues. They could play Malahide Castle/RDS/Marlay Park or Aviva here in the summer of 2018, dont think there big enough for Croke Park/Slane

Although its early in the year, i have no Autumn trip planned yet so maybe Metallica in the Uk will be my 2017 autumn trip. BTW i dont do sun holidays/piss up trips etc, i work concerts/events around my overseas trips

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Anathema on 23/24 September in Belfast and Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Sea Sessions line-up announced

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Sea Sessions line-up announced

The Coronas to headline? Am I the only one who doesn't get all the hype and fuss over them?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Brian Wilson playing the Bord Gais Theatre on 25th July.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

The Coronas to headline? Am I the only one who doesn't get all the hype and fuss over them?

just go see them down some student bar any week,
    why are they headlining festivals :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

You're not, but plenty do. That's how music taste works

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Aluna George confirmed as main support for Coldplay at Croke Park

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Ricky gervais is playing the 3Arena on June 24

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

ryan adams

08 SEPTEMBER – ULSTER HALL
    09 SEPTEMBER – CORK OPERA HOUSE
    11 SEPTEMBER – OLYMPIA THEATRE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 hettyhoop

Any word on Longitude? Is it likely it'll be in Malahide ?

Advertisement