Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Irish Gigs (rumours & confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Always imagined it was a set price to rent croker for a night, the difference in price would go to the band/promotors etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Always imagined it was a set price to rent croker for a night, the difference in price would go to the band/promotors etc.

I would have thought so too and probably is the case for most gigs. Set price for venue and staff etc sounds more logical but was told that in some cases they can negotiate a marginal cut on tickets sold.

Either way and back on topic, I'd hate to see Ed Sheeran do 3 nights next year in Croker, think it's a great venue and would love the Stones there if they won't do this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,673 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I would love if there was 3 separate weekends of gigs. Each gig could have a Friday, Saturday & Sunday depending on popularity.

It gives diversity and also enough tickets to supply the demand if needed. It also doesn't take away from diversity if a popular act wants to take 2 or 3 nights, leaving no other acts possible for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Never had any reason to doubt him before tbh
    So you are you saying you do doubt him now?
    I would have thought so too
    because it sounds like you do...

The only reason I could think of would be perhaps less damage to the pitch or something. Like if only 10,000 were sold (and not cancelled) they would have less wear & tear on all facilities than the full 80,000. So there could be a price per person, or more like a discount if less turn up.

But I see absolutely no reason to base this on the actual ticket price since a crowd paying €20 per ticket will cause the same wear & tear as those paying €200.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Well I know they test the market to see what artists are interested in playing their venue.
    Croke Park don't "test the market", they run a stadium which predominantly deals with sporting and conference events. they're not in the music booking business.
    that's the job of the promoters who rent their venue from them and work with booking agents and tour companies day in-day out.

• Advertisement

Maybe he is wrong, I just don't have any reason to doubt him, I'm just passing on what I heard as he's pretty reliable given his background. I previously thought as you did that it was flat fees across the board until he told me otherwise. And as I said I've no reason to doubt him and am not going to turn around to him today and ask for proof of his claims.

If you want to start a separate thread on how concerts are booked in larger venues, work away. I was only throwing in a related comment that I'd heard first hand.

:)

Jake Clemons playing Whelans on May 10.

First acts released for Body & Soul

wi7jt3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭eldest200

When do tickets go on sale? He's doing a tour in ireland

eldest200 wrote: »
    When do tickets go on sale? He's doing a tour in ireland

This Friday at 9am on TM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

No harm to the lad, but his solo stuff, unless he has radically transformed since last time he was here, is sub- Hootie and the Blowfish dross.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Wireless Festival 2017 line up is very strong!!! Would fancy seeing some of those names at Longitude if it even happens this year.

wireless-festival-2017-line-up-1487801142.png

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Wireless Festival 2017 line up is very strong!!! Would fancy seeing some of those names at Longitude if it even happens this year.

wireless-festival-2017-line-up-1487801142.png

longtitude announcing line up next weds

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Longitude confirmed for Marlay Park on July 14th - 16th.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

About time they announced it. I think the line up is gonna be somewhat similiar to the Wireless one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Ticketmaster seem to measure demand for concerts on their site, once they go up for sale, and start moving them on to their Seatwave touting wing after 15 minutes of sale, once they measure that demand is particularly high. It's a disgusting practice, that someone needs to take action against

There is no doubt that Ticketmaster and these resale sites are linked.
    I was looking at trying to get a ticket for Emeli Sande in the Olympia in Dublin over the last while ,it sold out straight away .
    Looking at ticket prices on Seatwave and Viagogo ,they were very high .
    I checked Ticketmaster every day and there were no tickets.
    I noticed that the prices dropped on both Seatwave and Viagogo a few days ago as if in expectation of extra tickets being released.
    Then today I see an official announcement that extra tickets were released for her UK leg so I said I'd chance the Dublin gig and low and behold there were tickets available.
    So it just so happens that the ticket prices dropped dramatically on these resale sites days before extra tickets were released. Very very fishy.

Zardoz wrote: »
    So it just so happens that the ticket prices dropped dramatically on these resale sites days before extra tickets were released. Very very fishy.
    It's not fishy at all, its their business model.

Seatwave = Ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Seatwave = Ticketmaster

I know Ticketmaster own Seatwave but the tickets are supposed to be listed by fans for resale.
    Of course everyone knows that this is not the case and the bulk of the tickets listed on Seatwave are sold by touts and Ticketmaster themselves .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Seatwave = Ticketmaster

You don't exactly need to be a sleuth to read underneath the Seatwave logo reads a Ticketmaster company either.

Think about it Seatwave runs on sold out gigs sadly makes sense for their primary seller to allocate tickets to such to keep it propped up.

As tickets are on sale months in advance still gives plenty of time to put tickets back on main site and flog them at issued price. Then all of a sudden production tickets *cough* *cough* have been released

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭glencurtis252

Does anyone no what sort of capacity malahide park hold for gigs??

• Advertisement

Does anyone no what sort of capacity malahide park hold for gigs??

Anywhere up to 35,000.

Anywhere up to 35,000.

Bigger than Marley for a one-off gig so?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Marlay is about the same for one-off gigs. think it's up to 40,000 capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Banatamon

http://www.giaf.ie/events/brianwilson?gclid=CLS0kNW8qNICFUWT7Qodl_gBzw

Brian Wilson at the Galway Arts Festival July 23rd.

Banatamon wrote: »
    http://www.giaf.ie/events/brianwilson?gclid=CLS0kNW8qNICFUWT7Qodl_gBzw

Brian Wilson at the Galway Arts Festival July 23rd.

His Pet Sounds show is absolutely fantastic. Saw it last year in London and it was just incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Any chance of a Foo Fighters gig here this year ???

The Eddie Vedder gig talk has stopped as has the third Croke Park show

Metallica due to announce an Autumn Arena tour anytime now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Future Islands doing an Ireland tour in July

Limerick, Cork, Galway and Dublin.

Mumford and Sons at Longitude

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Mumford and Sons at Longitude

is that confirmed ? they are playing latitude with 1975 and fleet foxes

• Advertisement