Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Irish Gigs (rumours & confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

corm500 wrote: »
    This is some year for concerts in Ireland. I take it the boom just got boomier.:D

We're really 'reeling in the years' with all the bands playing here

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/music-news/garth-brooks-and-u2-could-be-among-megaconcerts-planned-for-new-pairc-u-chaoimh-35699319.html

Prob just a list thrown together from a load of sources but id say the place will host some concerts in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

PTH2009 wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/music-news/garth-brooks-and-u2-could-be-among-megaconcerts-planned-for-new-pairc-u-chaoimh-35699319.html

Prob just a list thrown together from a load of sources but id say the place will host some concerts in future.

Cannot wait for these gigs to start happening so I don't have to travel three hours to that overpriced, junkie infested cesspool capital of ours to see a decent gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

PTH2009 wrote: »

A pity it wasnt finished a bit earlier as U2 could have played a gig there,30 year anniversary of the Joshua tree gig there ,would be a great way to open it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Cannot wait for these gigs to start happening so I don't have to travel three hours to that overpriced, junkie infested cesspool capital of ours to see a decent gig.

I'll still have to do it considering it'll just be stadium acts at one period of the year is all. Given the state of the acts in the capital's stadiums last while utter trash like the Script, Coldplay or the unavoidable Ed I won't be travelling anywhere!

• Advertisement

I'll still have to do it considering it'll just be stadium acts at one period of the year is all. Given the state of the acts in the capital's stadiums last while utter trash like the Script, Coldplay or the unavoidable Ed I won't be travelling anywhere!

rumours he will play the 3 Croke Park gigs in 2018

prob play PUC in Cork too

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

These lads have just announced a date in the Academy on the 1st of Oct.

Blast from the past

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Gov't Mule play the Academy on October 22nd

https://mcd.ie/artists/govt-mule/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Royal Blood in the Point on 26 November!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Sylvan Esso gig on November 14th is moved from the Button Factory to the Tivoli Theatre.

Never been there before for a gig - any good? Also is this a bigger or smaller venue?

• Advertisement

The Darkness playing Doland and Academy in October. Will be great gigs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

Mushy wrote: »
    The Darkness playing Doland and Academy in October. Will be great gigs!

Thanks for the tip. 2 tickets (One way to hell and back) secured.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

Deff won't be this summer anyway.

Expecting it to be summer 2018 with dates in the new PUC in Cork, Thomond Park Limerick and maybe somewhere in Belfast and Dublin. He Prob wont bother with Croke Park this time round

Going by the yankee stadium show It's quite a big stage so might not fit in some places here

Good chance that article is a load of bolexe joe.ie are not that reliable

Its already been denied by his people

Its already been denied by his people

In fairness.. that means nothing. They are hardly going to say Yes.. it's happening!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

The only sources that had it yesterday were evoke.ie, VIP magazine, Her.ie and Joe.ie - bunch of them are owned by the same people. Aiken denied it, Garth denied it. Looks like they made it up purely to get clicks. It's so so easy to start a rumor to generate advertising revenue these days.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    The only sources that had it yesterday were evoke.ie, VIP magazine, Her.ie and Joe.ie - bunch of them are owned by the same people. Aiken denied it, Garth denied it. Looks like they made it up purely to get clicks. It's so so easy to start a rumor to generate advertising revenue these days.

I totally agree, my point is that Aiken denying it and Garth denying doesn't mean it's not happening, it just means it's not being made public. Personally, I have always thought Garth would come back here after his US Tour dates had finished. There is too much money at stake with such a huge fanbase, although probably not as big as 2014. It's not just this story, there have been a couple of stories from different sources about Pairc Ui Caoimh particularly and I see Boylesports today have him at 5/1 not to come back in 2018 and 1/50 to play in Cork. They are rarely wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I agree with both of you, but i think his fanbase has improved (or at least the amount of people that want to go to his concert(s) in Ireland has)
    Even better that it may be Aiken.
    I am not keen on MCD. But that it is a personal choice.

Liam Gallagher - Olympia - 10th June

https://www.facebook.com/events/648495208694787/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Liam Gallagher - Olympia - 10th June

https://www.facebook.com/events/648495208694787/

Already on sale as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Went on sale at nine. Got a pair..€35 each

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Any chance that this is an MCD/Ticketmaster gig? (Just curious)

Suckit wrote: »
    Any chance that this is an MCD/Ticketmaster gig? (Just curious)

Yup its MCD/Ticketmaster

18664512_1480306358675985_3546852163396176614_n.jpg?oh=7ed5dcc15eacc9bb01424604c8a0c9c8&oe=59B6B545

Singer Idina Menzel has cancelled her planned concert at Live at the Marquee in Cork next month, writes Alan Healy.

The Tony-Award winning singer is known internationally for the song Let It Go from the animated movie Frozen and for the Broadway hit Wicked.

She was due to perform at Live at the Marquee on June 25.

Aiken Promotions, who have brought the Live at the Marquee concerts to Cork for more than ten years, confirmed the cancellation of the Idina Menzel concert but did not give a reason.

They said they were currently looking at other possible acts that may replace Menzel on June 25

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Whoever's booking the gigs at the marquee should be sacked. Zero imagination. Acts like the one mentioned above were never gonna shift tickets. They had to move Steve can zandts gig to vicar street because of poor ticket sales for marquee gig. Then they roll out the usual coronas, Nathan Carter bullsh1t. Shocking stuff

Whoever's booking the gigs at the marquee should be sacked. Zero imagination. Acts like the one mentioned above were never gonna shift tickets. They had to move Steve can zandts gig to vicar street because of poor ticket sales for marquee gig. Then they roll out the usual coronas, Nathan Carter bullsh1t. Shocking stuff

Yeah you get 1/2 decent changes then everything else is same stuff repeated annually. To move a gig to opposite side of the country is annoying (obviously no venue big enough here), but imagine buying tix and hotel to then find out it's moved that far? Here's hoping they end up redoing the events centre down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Hall & Oates playing Bluesfest, October 29th in the 3Arena with Chris Isaac supporting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Whatever about the reasons it was cancelled, Menzel was a big coup for the Marquee. She's a huge name and I certainly never would have expected her to play in any venue in Cork. I agree completely on the rest with lack of imagination etc, but Menzel certainly wasn't one of those, it's a shame it didn't work out. I say that as not a fan of hers really as well.

Advertisement