Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Irish Gigs (rumours & confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Corholio wrote: »
    Whatever about the reasons it was cancelled, Menzel was a big coup for the Marquee. She's a huge name and I certainly never would have expected her to play in any venue in Cork. I agree completely on the rest with lack of imagination etc, but Menzel certainly wasn't one of those, it's a shame it didn't work out. I say that as not a fan of hers really as well.

Her Uk tour is not selling well either ,Ticketmaster sent me an email about a two for one ticket flash sale last weekend for a few venues on the tour.

The lineup for the Marque this year is shocking .
    I usually go to a good few gigs there but this year it will probably just be Elton John and Eddie Vedder .
    I might go to Bryan Adams if I pick up a cheap ticket .

There are plenty of good acts touring that they could attract ,Pet Shop Boys for one are around at that time , they would easily sell it out even with 2 gigs in Dublin in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Erasure, Olympia
    31st January 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 86,580 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Whoever's booking the gigs at the marquee should be sacked. Zero imagination. Acts like the one mentioned above were never gonna shift tickets. They had to move Steve can zandts gig to vicar street because of poor ticket sales for marquee gig. Then they roll out the usual coronas, Nathan Carter bullsh1t. Shocking stuff

I believe The Coronas and Picture This have sold out

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Roskilde Festival have confirmed that Blink 182 have cancelled some of their European tour

Just confirmed via Russell Crowe, Indoor Garden Party comes to The Olympia Theatre, Dublin on 1st October!
    Tickets on sale this Friday at 10.30am via Ticketmaster Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

2018 could be a quite year for major gigs in Ireland considering the quality that are touring the globe this year, ill take a stab at it

Ed Sheeran- 2x Croke Park and PUC Cork 2x
    Pearl Jam and Support- Slane or Maldahide Castle
    Garth Brooks- Cork/Limerick/Dublin or in some capacity here (please god make him play here so we can stop all the speculation)
    Guns N Roses and Metallica might do second legs in Europe in 2018 and play gigs here but GNR more likely too cosidering Metallica are already doing an indoor tour in autumn 2017 and Spring 2018

we cant forget the annual Coronas and Christy Moore gigs in the Marquee in Cork in 2018 :D:D

Please god i shall start a 2018 Rumours thread at the end of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

I don't see any chances Metallica playing in Ireland 2018.

Pearl Jam hmm maybe. I don't think it will be Slane. 3Arena most probable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Just confirmed via Russell Crowe, Indoor Garden Party comes to The Olympia Theatre, Dublin on 1st October!
    Tickets on sale this Friday at 10.30am via Ticketmaster Ireland.

Beware, he gets quite needy if he doesn't get a standing ovation...

61273665.jpg

Due to a scheduling conflict, The Avalanches show at The Olympia Theatre has been moved to Thursday, 22nd June.
    Previously purchased tickets remain valid for new date.
    Limited tickets available here 👉🏻 http://bit.ly/2riw7ja

Due to a scheduling conflict, The Avalanches show at The Olympia Theatre has been moved to Thursday, 22nd June.
    Previously purchased tickets remain valid for new date.
    Limited tickets available here 👉🏻 http://bit.ly/2riw7ja

love it , i was in london for the original date , i can go now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

They do not always offer refunds with changes, but if it does not suit people you should ring & complain. I and others I know have always gotten refunds if there was a date change or venue change that did not suit.

Belfast date has been cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Maybe wrong thread, but anyone know capacity of RHK for standing gigs? (Green Day and Coronas)

And If there's a pit or just a free for all?..

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

Katy Perry 2018 tour dates, going on sale this Friday. Nine European countries, but Ireland is not on the list (yet?):
    https://www.katyperry.com/tour/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Harry Styles is playing the 3Arena on the 16th of April. Tickets on general sale on Friday the 16th of June.

You can apply for a presale code here;

http://blog.ticketmaster.ie/music/harry-styles-invitation-fan-presale-information-6931

• Registered Users Posts: 86,580 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

sabrewulf wrote: »
    Katy Perry 2018 tour dates, going on sale this Friday. Nine European countries, but Ireland is not on the list (yet?):
    https://www.katyperry.com/tour/

I wonder will she do Aviva or RDS or a few nights at Three Arena Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I wonder will she do Aviva or RDS or a few nights at Three Arena Dublin

Neither probably, wouldn't fill a stadium and stage layout is too big for 3Arena - another concert skipping Dublin due to poor layout of 3Arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Wolf Alice - Olympia - Nov 28th

Great the last time they played there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Wolf Alice - Olympia - Nov 28th

Great the last time they played there

Solid first album, going to try and get standing for this on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Neither probably, wouldn't fill a stadium and stage layout is too big for 3Arena - another concert skipping Dublin due to poor layout of 3Arena.

So because she's not good enough to fill a stadium and there's too much going on in the stage layout it's the 3Arenas fault?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Expecting a big name for Cork's Harbour festival to be joining The National to be announced soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Bon Iver

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

It's on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

Joss Stone - Oct 8, 2017 - Vicar Street

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Ed Sheeran has announced seven gigs in Ireland next year. He'll play in Páirc Uí Chaoimh, Cork, on May 4th and 5th, Boucher Playing Fields, Belfast, on May 9th, Pearse Stadium, Galway, on May 12th and 13th and Phoenix Park, Dublin, on May 16th and 18th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

London Grammar and Oh Wonder on the same night (Nov 1) is an unfortunate clash.

Ed Sheeran has announced seven gigs in Ireland next year. He'll play in Páirc Uí Chaoimh, Cork, on May 4th and 5th, Boucher Playing Fields, Belfast, on May 9th, Pearse Stadium, Galway, on May 12th and 13th and Phoenix Park, Dublin, on May 16th and 18th.

wowee how much pocket money do kids get these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

so no Croker gigs for Ed. could have done 3 easily after last time.

must already be booked up be someone else?

3b2e08bfdc144fd1b80d01076e79bcf6c258b367284c1ab929611a85562e0ea5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

so no Croker gigs for Ed. could have done 3 easily after last time.

must already be booked up be someone else?

3b2e08bfdc144fd1b80d01076e79bcf6c258b367284c1ab929611a85562e0ea5.jpg

So funny :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Advertisement