Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Irish Gigs (rumours & confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Arcade Fire for Holland's Best Kept Secret Festival

Foo's just announced for Roskilde

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Foo's just announced for Roskilde

Hopefully we get a date here but there seems to be a huge emphasis on festivals on this tour. Expect a Glastonbury date

In other gig news Aerosmith in the 3arena hell yeah

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Hopefully we get a date here but there seems to be a huge emphasis on festivals on this tour. Expect a Glastonbury date

In other gig news Aerosmith in the 3arena hell yeah

Im kinda worried that since Foo's seem to be doing all festival dates that we may not get a show unless they do T-Vital again

Im kinda worried that since Foo's seem to be doing all festival dates that we may not get a show unless they do T-Vital again

Hard to knw but they could do EP (but doubt the tour will stretch to the end of August). Body and Soul and Longitude may be too small for them

They might treat us to a 3arena/Aviva/Croker or Marlay Park show.

• Advertisement

Hard to knw but they could do EP (but doubt the tour will stretch to the end of August). Body and Soul and Longitude may be too small for them

They might treat us to a 3arena/Aviva/Croker or Marlay Park show.

Yea no way they would ever play Body and Soul or Longitude. Doesnt matter where they play i shall be in attendance

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I assume the Foos gigs are largely making up for the cancelled gigs a few years back. Wouldn't expect an Irish show at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Adele is playing stadiums in Australia. I can see her coming back to Europe for a few dates in stadiums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

Adele is playing stadiums in Australia. I can see her coming back to Europe for a few dates in stadiums.

Ohh, wasn't there a rumour a few months ago that she was to play Cork.

Please let it be true. Then the other rumour might be true.

MCD and Guns N Roses's management better get moving and book a date in Croke Park for next summer before Adele announces a euro stadium tour for next summer and takes the remaining 2 Croke Park dates

• Advertisement

MCD and Guns N Roses's management better get moving and book a date in Croke Park for next summer before Adele announces a euro stadium tour for next summer and takes the remaining 2 Croke Park dates

Unless she does the Irish Stadium tour like The Aviva , Kilkenny , Limerick , Belfast etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Emeli Sande is playing the Olympia next March

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Wonderstar

I normally don't ask and not one to normally ask, but I really really want to try and get tickets for the Aerosmith Concert next June. Would anyone have any presale codes for it?

Got an email from the Gibson hotel with a headline title of 'Walk This Way'

Are they implying we mite be getting an Aerosmith show here next year ??

Guess the Gibson knew about the Aerosmith show before us and i figured out the message they were sending lol

Hope Guns N Roses would just announce Croke Park and be done with it

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

Someone I know who works in Croker is adamant Guns N Roses isn't happening there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

Someone I know who works in Croker is adamant Guns N Roses isn't happening there.

Good news for the country fans so?

They are meant to be playing though. There was a poster who said that it was meant to be going on sale this week so something changed. The same poster was right about Robbie Williams going on sale. Could they have been moved to the Aviva? Would they change things that late?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

The Raptor wrote: »
    Good news for the country fans so?

They are meant to be playing though. There was a poster who said that it was meant to be going on sale this week so something changed. The same poster was right about Robbie Williams going on sale. Could they have been moved to the Aviva? Would they change things that late?

They didn't mention any other gigs planned for Croke Park which is strange since Coldplay only took 1. He could be way off the mark though.

I always thought Croke Park was generally an Aiken Promotions venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

Metallica, guns n roses, prophets of rage, green day, system of a down, foo fighters, linkin park.....I could go on..all on tour next year. Surely Ireland needs its own rock event/festival like oxegen was back in the day. If you stick a few of those bands on a lineup together it's a guaranteed sell. Most acts these days seem to prefer a festival if they're touring Europe and Ireland always seems to miss out which I think is down to our lack of an alternative festival or event day.
    Thoughts?

Worst news I've heard all night

Maybe there playing the Aviva, Slane or 3arena who knws ????

Just hope they play here on there tour

Worst news I've heard all night

Maybe there playing the Aviva, Slane or 3arena who knws ????

Just hope they play here on there tour

If they do play they will def be playing outdoors id say.

I agree that Ireland needs a Rock Festival but i think we say this every year and sadly i cant see it happening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

neddynono wrote: »
    Metallica, guns n roses, prophets of rage, green day, system of a down, foo fighters, linkin park.....I could go on..all on tour next year. Surely Ireland needs its own rock event/festival like oxegen was back in the day. If you stick a few of those bands on a lineup together it's a guaranteed sell. Most acts these days seem to prefer a festival if they're touring Europe and Ireland always seems to miss out which I think is down to our lack of an alternative festival or event day.
    Thoughts?

Nah EP a boutique festival is now selling their tickets for what? €250? Hell knows what an Oxegen type line up would cost it just wouldn't be manageable this day in age, if it was and profitable it would still be in existence they didn't really know what they wanted to be either.

My thoughts?, those festivals in Europe? avail of a cheap ass flight and get yerself there!

A quick scazz and of the bands you mentioned LP/SOAD/FOOS along with Radiohead are announced as all playing Rock Werchter in Belgium. Tickets bout €236

Green Day/SOAD/Linkin Park/POR along with Blink 182 are playing Nova Rock in Austria (A festival I've personally been to before). Tickets bout €170

And Nos Alive in Portugal has Foos along with Depeche Mode already announced. Tickets bout €150.

Tbh if we did have a festival I'd likely still go abroad but hey that's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Phoenix, Flamin Lips and Fleet Foxes all announced for Vida Festival Barcelona end of June.

Could see them all pop up at EP, Longitude or Body & Soul this year.

lc180 wrote: »
    Phoenix, Flamin Lips and Fleet Foxes all announced for Vida Festival Barcelona end of June.

Could see them all pop up at EP, Longitude or Body & Soul this year.

Didnt Pheonix headline the first longitude? The crowd seems to have changed since then so could maybe see them at Body & Soul or Forbidden Fruit?

Cant see Flaming Lips doing Forbidden Fruit for the 3rd time

https://www.irishexaminer.com/remote/media.central.ie/media/images/p/PaircUiCaoimhArtistsImpression16Nov16_large.jpg?width=648&s=ie-764413

the new Pairc Ui Chaoimh in Cork expected to open in June 2017, the old place had hosted concerts in the past including names like U2, Bruce Springsteen, Oasis, Michael Jackson etc

Surly this will be a new outdoor irish music venue. Dont think it will host a concert in 2017 (there were false rumours of Garth Brooks and Adele playing there next summer) but expect it too host shows in 2018 (U2 a big possibilty)

I wonder are the major gig announcements for 2017 this side of Christmas finished ???

Have heard Bon Jovi and possibly Guns N Roses are due to announce Euro tour dates for next year very soon

If Adele is doing a Euro tour in 2017 she will surly cash in on the Xmas market ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

I wonder are the major gig announcements for 2017 this side of Christmas finished ???

Guaranteed to be a big overpriced summer announcement 2 weeks before Xmas, with tickets going on sale the week of Xmas that leaves everyone panicing, stressing out and then eventually... broke over Xmas.

It's the annual festive dose of Ticketmaster trauma.

lc180 wrote: »
    Guaranteed to be a big overpriced summer announcement 2 weeks before Xmas, with tickets going on sale the week of Xmas that leaves everyone panicing, stressing out and then eventually... broke over Xmas.

It's the annual festive dose of Ticketmaster trauma.

Guns n roses in CP or Slane or Adele or sum other pop act I feel

Remember they done that with the AC/DC gig a few weeks ago, put the tickets the on sale a week before Xmas 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Have heard Bon Jovi and possibly Guns N Roses are due to announce Euro tour dates for next year very soon

If Adele is doing a Euro tour in 2017 she will surly cash in on the Xmas market ?

Adele wont be doing anymore touring after she milks Australasia dry next Spring.

She is playing cricket stadia down there and playing in the round so as her gigs are more "intimate" :rolleyes:
    The prices she is charging down there are nuts ,70-220 euro for normal tickets ,that's over a staggering 1.5 times what she charged for her indoor gigs in the US .
    A nice intimate gig on a pitch 1.5 times the area of Croke Park and 3 times the area of Wembley .

And we complain about ticket prices here ,lol

The artists nowadays have no shame ,its just so cynical how a tour is announced.
    Release the album a month or so before Christmas ,do a load of talk shows ,and then let it slip out oh I am doing a big tour ,yes ,just in time for Christmas so you can buy my tickets 12 months in advance.

Whip the public into a frenzy and have Ticketmaster sell out in a minute .

Era ,I will wait on until a few weeks beforehand and inevitably pick up my tickets for face value or less ,no need for people to get panicked or stressed out ,its all a mugs game.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Adele just announced Wembley stadium for June and July. It's the last dates of the tour, probably the only Europe dates.

• Advertisement

Adele just announced Wembley stadium for June and July. It's the last dates of the tour, probably the only Europe dates.

She could possibly do European dates leading up to it?

Advertisement