Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Irish Gigs (rumours & confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

She could possibly do European dates leading up to it?

Croke park maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Croke park maybe?

Yeah 2 dates in Croke Park I'd say

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Music Ireland just put up a picture saying she is playing Croke Park but no details.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

She could possibly do European dates leading up to it?

Yeah maybe. She still has to fit in Asia and South America dates after Australia.

Music Ireland just put up a picture saying she is playing Croke Park but no details.

Maybe she's getting 1 show and these guys 1 too

https://www.joe.ie/music/legendary-rock-band-guns-n-roses-close-to-announcing-irish-gig/568302

3 different genres playing Croker over the summer but think GNR won't play there as Adele may get 2 dates

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Maybe she's getting 1 show and these guys 1 too

https://www.joe.ie/music/legendary-rock-band-guns-n-roses-close-to-announcing-irish-gig/568302

3 different genres playing Croker over the summer but think GNR won't play there as Adele may get 2 dates

Yea if the Adele rumour is true then it makes sense why there wasnt a 2nd Coldplay date

Yea if the Adele rumour is true then it makes sense why there wasnt a 2nd Coldplay date

Expect a 'cryptic big summer gig announcement' thing in a few days and it to be Adele in Croke Park

The GNR Croke Park rumour is growing since dis morning but could be BS

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

probably because like many things they post, they're just making it up and don't have any details.

A big possibility the Adele Croke Park shows are TBA via press conference on Mon 5th Dec

Can't imagine they would hold a press conference for a Guns N Roses or a rock gig

15095019_1367025603330909_289809804569171698_n.jpg?oh=879bc122f95b296b9873b47bfdbb45cd&oe=58D1C3C2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭eldest200

15095019_1367025603330909_289809804569171698_n.jpg?oh=879bc122f95b296b9873b47bfdbb45cd&oe=58D1C3C2
    They'll probably play at Marely Park. Still waiting for the gnr announcement.

eldest200 wrote: »
    They'll probably play at Marely Park. Still waiting for the gnr announcement.

Patience

Will be over the moon if I wake up and see a headline 'GNR confirmed to play Croke Park'

Expecting Adele to play there though and that will be announced before Xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Please let the Adele rumours be true and shove her into that absolute hellhole of a venue for 2 nights..ACDC in the Aviva was a million times better than anything ive seen in Croke Park and 1 or 2 nights there for Guns n Roses would be the best we could hope for.
    Everything was better than Croke Park from the sound security to the far more modern facilities and the stage is far closer if your in the seats..also the pit barrier seemed to be much further forward than Croke Park so even those standing at the back of the crowd on the pitch had a far better view.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Mr.S wrote: »
    It's 99.99% happening!

Source?

Mr.S wrote: »
    It's 99.99% happening!
    Source?

yeah not going to believe anything til i see it confirmed by GNR themselves

Still think Lord Henry is going to pull something out of the hat and announce them to play Slane next year

Croke Park rumours come from these sources

http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/guns-n-roses-announce-croke-9316397

http://www.dublinlive.ie/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/guns-n-roses-to-announce-12217827

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I'll believe it when I see it here: www.gunsnroses.com

Been screwed before with 'Supposed' concerts happening in Croke Park/Aviva

U2 were heavily rumoured to play the Aviva Stadium in 2010 or 2011 to end there 360 world tour but was all crap, The Sun reported in 2014 that the Rolling Stones would play the Aviva Stadium in the summer of 2014 but that never happend and In Early 2015 reports from the sun and other tabloids that Bruce Springsteen would play Croke Park that summer but they turned out to be false and Ed Sheeran played three instead. Of course Bruce played there this year and it ruled

Don't believe tabloids lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Would a reunited GNRs be a big enough draw for Croker?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Would a reunited GNRs be a big enough draw for Croker?

Do bears defecate in the woods

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Do people actually get excited for Croker gig announcements? any time ive been there seated i can barely see the act they are so small on stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

showpony1 wrote: »
    Do people actually get excited for Croker gig announcements?
    I just like to see what is defintiely off the cards for me. So if GNR play croke park, the descision is made for me, no way in hell I am going.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

There is no band alive that I would go see in Croke Park or Slane.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

RayCon wrote: »

There is no band alive that I would go see in Croke Park or Slane.
    Slane yes. Croker isn't that bad if you get into the pit.

Rumours of another US/Canadian tour next summer for Guns N Roses as billboards have been seen across the US and Canada in the last few days. So sadly don't get excited about GNR being here yet

Bon Jovi and Kings of Leon should be here next summer though

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Rumours of another US/Canadian tour next summer for Guns N Roses as billboards have been seen across the US and Canada in the last few days. So sadly don't get excited about GNR being here yet

KOL for either Marley or T Vital id say
    Bon Jovi the Aviva?? or indoor shows

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Jesus talk about rubbing it in.

"You lost your winning lotto ticket but on the bright side your Mum was murdered"

I'd love to see the Foo Fighters play Croke Park or the Aviva next summer but there doing mostly festivals next year

Adele will sell out Croke Park no doubt about it and may get the last 2 dates there

Bon Jovi may have a hard time selling out the Aviva but they have a solid fan base here. KOL have a huge following here and will sell wherever they play

ATM the potential list of acts that could be playing here in 2017 are

Guns N Roses
    Adele
    Bon Jovi
    Kings Of Leon
    Foo Fighters
    Ed Sheeran
    The Weeknd
    Green Day
    U2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

The Nal wrote: »
    Slane yes. Croker isn't that bad if you get into the pit.

The only Croker gig I contemplated was The Police reunion .... still happy with my decision not to bother ... had mates go and tell me how utterly disappointing it was

Aphex Twin is the first act announced for next year's Field Day, which takes place in east London's Victoria Park on June 3.

Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/music/aphex-twin-play-field-day-festival-2017-1876400#ORFI5flK0V6lJxFf.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Aphex Twin is the first act announced for next year's Field Day, which takes place in east London's Victoria Park on June

And all the alarms just went off in the bodhrandude bat cave

Advertisement