Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesco clear out.

• 08-10-2016 6:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭

Heads up, Tesco Extra stores are selling off their homebrew kits. Most of the John Bull 40 pint packs are €4.87 with some scanning at €1.50. I got 22 kits in a mixture of ipa, English ale, bitter and lager for the princely sum of €73! They're also doing 30 bottle packs of chardonnay for €1.50.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭hooplah

I had a look in my nearest Tecso but was only really interested in the IPA and it was gone. I had a look at some of the dates on the tins and a good few were past their best before date.

People have commented previously that the lager kits are really pale ales. Would they be good candidates for kit hacking and dry hopping?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

hooplah wrote: »
    People have commented previously that the lager kits are really pale ales. Would they be good candidates for kit hacking and dry hopping?
    Yes, I've done that in the past with good results.

Advertisement