Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritec cs350 sensors

Options
  • 08-10-2016 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I have installed plenty of HKC systems and was asked to change some sensors on an aritec system for a family member
    When they got new windows.

I changed the sensor from aritec to hkc and I am having an issue.

I have used a two wire system. So each zone is one continuous loop i.e. All sensors in Parrel and put a resistor on the return wire to the panel.

When I set the panel it is still an open zone.

Can anybody help me with the wiring of the aritec systems please.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

All zone devices should be wired in series for a start. Is the eol option programmed as alarm or dual?

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭fran83

KoolKid wrote: »
    All zone devices should be wired in series for a start. Is the eol option programmed as alarm or dual?

Thanks for the reply.

I actually ment series and not parrel.

Is the EOL under loop type? Do I set them all to dual or alarm?

I have a front door with a n-o contact (zone 1) and the rest have a n-o, inertia and tamper sensor (zone 2-4) So what do I choose for those zones?

Would in be better putting the front door on zone 5 as it doesn't have the inertia function on it?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

On a CS350 all eol types are the same. It set in zone menu either Alarm or duel.
    Im sure you mean all the alarm devices are NC (normally closed)??
    Front door should be zone 5 or 6 if just a contact.

On a CS350 all eol types are the same. It set in zone menu either Alarm or duel.
    Im sure you mean all the alarm devices are NC (normally closed)??
    Front door should be zone 5 or 6 if just a contact.

Yep I did mean NC. It was a long day yesterday.

So just to clarify I have a complete loop and with the return wire I connect that to the eol resistor.

So the zones with work with both alarm and dual setting regardless of what sensors you use.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

fran83 wrote:
    I have installed plenty of HKC systems and was asked to change some sensors on an aritec system for a family member When they got new windows.

I note you said that you have installed plenty of HKC systems.

Do you have a PSA licence?

• Advertisement

kub wrote: »
    I note you said that you have installed plenty of HKC systems.

Do you have a PSA licence?

No but the company I work for does

Wire all sensors & contacts in series & single 4k7 resistor in series at the last device.
    Put a meter on that cable & what resistance are you getting?

Wire all sensors & contacts in series & single 4k7 resistor in series at the last device.
    Put a meter on that cable & what resistance are you getting?

When I put the meter across the the circuit with the resistor in place I'm getting 0 on the meter is the wrong?

What have you the meter set to?
    Can you put up a drawing of how it's wired?

What have you the meter set to?
    Can you put up a drawing of how it's wired?

I'm using a fluke t5-600

A picture of the board or the sensors?

• Advertisement

What setting are you using on the meter.?
    You should never get a reading of 0 ohms.
    A diagram of how you have wired the device would help us help you here.

What setting are you using on the meter.?
    You should never get a reading of 0 ohms.
    A diagram of how you have wired the device would help us help you here.

I've gotten rided of the open zone now I'm getting open tamper zone now even with the lid on.

I was getting over load on the meter and not 0 sorry.

The zone are now setting bar the open tamper.

Thanks for your help on this much apricated

Then the zone is completely open.
    Still need you to give us a diagram or description of how it's wired to help you with this.

Then the zone is completely open.
    Still need you to give us a diagram or description of how it's wired to help you with this.

I reset the panel and reprogrammed it from scratch.

That's seemed to clear all the problems.

I did a test on all the zones and they worked grand.

I didn't wire the pir yet but I take it that they are wore the same as the other zones.

I set all the zones to alarm am incorrect with that?

Thanks again for all the help.

Front door will need to be Exit Entry
    If you have any panic buttons or fire alarms those zone types have to be set accordingly.
    A PiR would need the PG attribute, if it's on an entry exit route it also needs the AC attribute.

Front door will need to be Exit Entry
    If you have any panic buttons or fire alarms those zone types have to be set accordingly.
    A PiR would need the PG attribute, if it's on an entry exit route it also needs the AC attribute.

I'm back at this alarm again and need to know how to set the zones for partset.

I want set zone 1,2,3,5 on part set.

What setting do I need to chance to achieve this?

You just need to assign the attribute PG to the zones you want off when the system is part set.

You just need to assign the attribute PG to the zones you want off when the system is part set.

I did that to zone 4 in zone attributes but when go to inhabit the zone it says not allowed.

I do full set and then arrow down inhabit zone and then it shows up not allowed.

If you want to be able to inhibit the zone you need to give the zone IN attribute.

If you want to be able to inhibit the zone you need to give the zone IN attribute.

Sound I'll give that a try

• Advertisement
Advertisement