Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

There’s three of them driving me mental at the moment.
    1: The safe food ad where the mother is being run ragged trying to keep up with looking after her two children. It always makes me depressed watching it. So dreary “Parentings tough but you’re tougher” Every single time I watch television it’s on.
    2: The new ad I think it’s for virgin mobile with the huge hairy monster I think he is meant to be the abominable snowman. He’s a monster who lives in a forest but he has gleaming Snow White teeth.
    3: The new Vodafone ad with the little girl phoning her mother in the office and suddenly they are bouncing together. It’s one of the worst and most annoying I’ve ever seen.
    Has to be said though, the girl playing the Virgin employee is very tidy!
    icon_wink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Yep, that safe food ad. No nice middle class nuclear family. Struggling single mother (I'm assuming) in her tiny little house. Snobbery.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Why is Bigfoot, or whatever the hell he's supposed to be, speaking in a Scandinavian accent in that Virgin ad?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,575 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Who wants a punch in the face? I know the guy in the new diet coke ad does!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

I'd prefer to risk diabetes and drink regular Cola, because if drinking diet turns you into that guy...

I'm not gonna be that guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Just came here to vent the exact same myself!

"I like Diet Coke, its super good" eugh, someone give that tosser a Glasgow kiss

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭CK22

That ad (don’t even know what it’s for) with the child jumping and sending the video to the mother. Absolutely head wrecking, and then they use that awful song from a FIFA a few years ago. Normally some great song lads on FIFA, but I hated that one so much. And now I’ve to listen to it so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sicknotexi

Those 3 unlimited data ads. Example, translation......

They are at the start of every podcast I listen to and I find them incredibly annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,280 ✭✭✭Archeron

I often wonder, for a company so successful and so recognisable, how do they continue to make such terrible ads. The one where the dude says to the question, with or without sugar, I don't care I just love coke, makes him sound like a drug addict. Wanna live in a yurt? Go ahead. Well thanks for your permission fcukface!
    I like coke but everytime I see one if those ads I swear that next time I'm gonna reach for the crab juice just to make a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

Archeron wrote: »
    I often wonder, for a company so successful and so recognisable, how do they continue to make such terrible ads. The one where the dude says to the question, with or without sugar, I don't care I just love coke, makes him sound like a drug addict. Wanna live in a yurt? Go ahead. Well thanks for your permission fcukface!
    I like coke but everytime I see one if those ads I swear that next time I'm gonna reach for the crab juice just to make a point.

Their ad's have urban tosser (London marketing executive) written all over them. The "I just like Coke" isn't even close to their worst effort in that regard. This absolute monstrosity:

https://www.facebook.com/DietCokeGB/videos/because-i-can/790155971182771/

• Advertisement

ligerdub wrote: »
    Their ad's have urban tosser (London marketing executive) written all over them. The "I just like Coke" isn't even close to their worst effort in that regard. This absolute monstrosity:

Pepsi aren't doing much better-they had to pull their adverts.

It's a damn shame so many of their ads are so bad-the US adverts aren't even much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

There is a female version of that Diet Coke ad which is just as bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

The Vodafone ad with Dermot Bannon is on allllllllll the time. He spends most of the ad not even talking about broadband.

Then he sits snugly with yer wan, while the cuck watches on with a smile on his face.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭trashcan

sicknotexi wrote: »
    Those 3 unlimited data ads. Example, translation......

They are at the start of every podcast I listen to and I find them incredibly annoying.

"All you can eat data". Grrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Pussyhands wrote: »
    The Vodafone ad with Dermot Bannon is on allllllllll the time. He spends most of the ad not even talking about broadband.

Then he sits snugly with yer wan, while the cuck watches on with a smile on his face.
    No doubt he's a lovely fella who loves his ma, donates to charity, is kind to animals and gives up his seat on the bus to little old ladies. But I find him an extremely annoying/irritating individual. And yes, I'm sure he's worried what I think of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Halifax "Wizard Of Oz" ad. There are no words to describe how much I hate it. I though the "Top Cat" one was bad then this abomination appears on screen.

Halifax "Wizard Of Oz" ad. There are no words to describe how much I hate it. I though the "Top Cat" one was bad then this abomination appears on screen.

The Ghostbuster's one is a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

That Tui holiday ad where the mother and daughter go on holiday together and the daughter starts off being a sulky teenager and by the end she's dancing and hugging the mother. Very annoying. For a start it's practically false advertising, everyone knows holidays drive families apart.....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

Why is it that so many copywriters in Irish agencies rely on trite rhymes read by that infuriatingly twee woman to try and sell their products? The latest in a long line of offenders are those two AXA ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

That new diet coke one with that hipster twat in the denim jacket, I'd never tire of punching him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

gmisk wrote: »
    Is that the one with the lad walking down the street? It's for some crappy flavour diet coke.
    I genuinely thought it was so bad there was going to be a twist at the end... But nope that is it.... Painful

A good twist would be him getting run over by a bus.

Pussyhands wrote: »

That's the weirdest bit, that dopey, almost sheepish look on the hubbys face while it looks like yer wan is on the verge of getting off with Bannon in front of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭Comhrá

That infuriating ALDI advert with the smug middle-aged couple, Sean and Marie.

Sean laughing at his crummy joke about them not losing track of each other since they started shopping at ALDI. Nauseating.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Comhra wrote: »

Sean laughing at his crummy joke about them not losing track of each other since they started shopping at ALDI. Nauseating.

Not as bad as the Aldi Family ****e running the last few weeks. Thankfully I wont have to hear it for another year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I don't know if this counts as an ad, but the sponsorship promo for IrelandAM for Fairy Capshoooles. It makes me want to spit out my cornflakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

They actually had to change that advert as the original made them look even simper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

They actually had to change that advert as the original made them look even simpler

Yer man reminds me of an older version of that painfully unfunny "comedian" Kevin Gildea. Everything down to the voice, the mannerisms and the glasses, the resemblance is spooky. For a bit I thought it was him in make up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

What's the idea of the comment? That Aldi is smaller or what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Elmo wrote: »
    There is a female version of that Diet Coke ad which is just as bad.

Not it, but what it should have been.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI8AcL_LKME

That tøssër of an ad has been doing the rounds for a while for different regions with different people(it's so bad, they can't be called actors) playing out basically the same excrement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy6dy2An0ZA

It should have ended with him being side smashed through the building with a wrecking ball.

Advertisement