Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,018 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

newbie11 wrote: »
    New AIB loan ad with the bunkbeds, didn't think it would be possible but it's more annoying than the treehouse one
    Funnily enough, their mortgage ads are among the most responsible of their peers, focusing on the long term value, rather than gimmicks. PTSB and BOI push heavily the 'cashback' (loaning you EVEN more money so we can charge EVEN more interest on it) of their mortgages.

But this stuff on the loans is fairly exploitative.

The new rte player ad is very irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,296 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

That stupid 'bedgasm' fabric conditioner ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Compare The Market ads. "Why can't technology make life simples?" It does, it enables me to avoid your stupid anthropomorphic meerkats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Compare The Market ads. "Why can't technology make life simples?" It does, it enables me to avoid your stupid anthropomorphic meerkats.

In the new auto sergei (the one without the fleas) the meerkats are OK its the over the top audience that are just soooo bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

That stupid 'bedgasm' fabric conditioner ad.

That is ridiculous. Plonk a bed in the middle of the street, have some eejit rolling around in it, and no one in the area bats an eyelid. The extras in the background look very unconvincing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

lawred2 wrote: »
    you despise them?

It’s been overdone. It was shocking to see it maybe 5 times. And it was fantastically well made. Searing and heartbreaking and disturbing and bleak. But 50 times later it doesn’t register anymore. I’m teetotal and my husband doesn’t drive but it has made me even warier then I was of erratically driven cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

The new rte player ad is very irritating.

It's because it has Jennifer Maguire in it. I think RTE think she's 'the next big thing'...but they bet heavily on Mairead Farrell and lost heavy on that pony.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

newbie11 wrote: »
    New AIB loan ad with the bunkbeds, didn't think it would be possible but it's more annoying than the treehouse one

I didn't think it was possible to unearth more annoying, hyperactive kids than the treehouse ones.

But there you go. I was wrong.

And the mother "laughing" at something one of the kids does right as the ad is fading out is totally not genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

horrible horrible ad

• Advertisement

the child apeaking pseudo central european pigeon english "thank you Momma" no irish child says this. he sounds like a Russian emigrant child in New York circa 1930s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

An ad I cannot stand is that 'EBS the mortgage masters' one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,938 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That stupid "What are you doing?" ad for zero alcohol Heineken is back :rolleyes:

Do they really think people are going to start carrying a bottle of non-alcoholic beer (in a glass bottle) to drink like it was a can of coke with their lunch? Are they morons? Will even 100 people start doing that after them spending hundreds of thousands on this campaign?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

Thargor wrote: »
    That stupid "What are you doing?" ad for zero alcohol Heineken is back :rolleyes:

Do they really think people are going to start carrying a bottle of non-alcoholic beer (in a glass bottle) to drink like it was a can of coke with their lunch? Are they morons? Will even 100 people start doing that after them spending hundreds of thousands on this campaign?
    Nope. Not a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Alcohol free Heineken is literally as useful as paracetamol free Panadol.

In that there us no reason whatsoever to ever even consider having it, even if it's free.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

That follow you & follow me Bank of Ireland add. So annoying, especially after dealing with them re everyday banking never mind the amount of mortgage applications they turn down. They got away with a lot during the banking crisis and are worse than ever now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,132 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Ol' Donie wrote: »

In that there us no reason whatsoever to ever even consider having it, even if it's free.
    Designated driver? Spacing out your drinks? (one normal, one zero, one normal etc) it does have a purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Speak for yourself. A major problem in this country is alcohol abuse and anything that can deter people from drinking is a positive step. I don’t drink and can find it hard to get alcohol free drinks on the rear occasion I go out, I’d gladly drink Heineken free after having a few on Xmas day (I drove home afterwards).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

flazio wrote: »
    Designated driver? Spacing out your drinks? (one normal, one zero, one normal etc) it does have a purpose.

There are a million other things that serve those purposes that don't taste as stupid as Heineken.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Coercive control anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,296 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

There are a million other things that serve those purposes that don't taste as stupid as Heineken.

There's only so much water you can drink and the wildly expensive soft drinks are far too sweet, rot every tooth in your head. If you don't like it, whatever, other people do.

The Centreparks ad. "This is brillianter, much brillianter!" Just annoys me from start to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,132 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Speak for yourself. A major problem in this country is alcohol abuse and anything that can deter people from drinking is a positive step. I don’t drink and can find it hard to get alcohol free drinks on the rear occasion I go out, I’d gladly drink Heineken free after having a few on Xmas day (I drove home afterwards).
    Good on you, but your username though.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,026 ✭✭✭trashcan

Stevecw wrote: »
    That follow you & follow me Bank of Ireland add. So annoying, especially after dealing with them re everyday banking never mind the amount of mortgage applications they turn down. They got away with a lot during the banking crisis and are worse than ever now.

Plus that version of the song is unspeakably awful and off key. Makes my ears bleed.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭theintern

It's come up before but the Merc A Class one is all over the place at the moment, presumably because they're looking to sell 191s.

"for starters, you open it with your phone.."

His voice drives me mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Lidl or Aldi ad where at the wend the Husband goes "I was think more like a nice stake and a glass of red wine" and the Wife nods disapprovingly.

Also not a great statement "I have saved all this money on this **** food, I deserve a proper meal after this crap".

• Registered Users Posts: 32,801 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

That hyundai advert is HORRENDOUS
    "LUCKY LUCKKKYYY LUCKY ME"
    The womans voice is utterly abysmal.

the ad where the child is voiceover for a car ad. "im 36 married,two kids and still very hamdsome..." ah fcuk off ya smarmy cnut. "just about to go to my biggest meeting of my life... puke

awww that awful Mercedes A class ad. the guy sounds about 24 like a student with a mid atlantic accent, "its awwwasome just like u" you open the car with your phone, why??? look up a good restaurunt in the car? why? you can do that on your phone? are u just going to buy this merc to sit on it and look stuff up on your phone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

razorblunt wrote: »
    Coercive control anyone?

jaysus. if that was the other way round it just wouldn't be on TV. It would be on Dr Phil

Advertisement