Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,014 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

That red haired friend in the Liberty Insurance ad, trying to be funny when the driver is on to the insurance rep, is a pain in the hoop.
    A family member swears that's Susan Loughnane, aka Debbie, the addict tart-with-the-heart from Love/Hate.

https://www.imdb.com/videoplayer/vi1964944409?ref_=nmvi_vi_imdb_3

They're wrong, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

A family member swears that's Susan Loughnane, aka Debbie, the addict tart-with-the-heart from Love/Hate.

https://www.imdb.com/videoplayer/vi1964944409?ref_=nmvi_vi_imdb_3

They're wrong, right?

Completely wrong...the two of em look nothing alike. The red head in Liberty advert almost has a double chin going on...so nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Really hate that deep riverock ad, the one where they're walking and talking at the same time. The woman reminds me of sharon horgan or something or has a familiar voice.

I'd throw my empty plastic bottle at yer mans head. He annoys me for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

The stupid bank of Ireland ad about new beginnings... Of course they have to stick a black lad getting citizenship and two lesbians being together....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

The stupid bank of Ireland ad about new beginnings... Of course they have to stick a black lad getting citizenship and two lesbians being together....

Surely with such a username you should love this no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

The ad for McDonnells curry sauce.

We have the hall booked till eleven!

I normally hate every ad in the world, but that makes me laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Surely with such a username you should love this no?

When you use the mobile site so much you don't poster's signatures.

But in fairness :rolleyes: bloody banking ads are obnoxious lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭SNNUS

The An Post one with Angela Scanlon, give me strength

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Widye

SNNUS wrote: »
    The Am Post one with Angela Scanlon, give me strength

Horrendous, virtue signaling garbage. **** off an post, just **** off

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Pythagorean

SNNUS wrote: »
    The Am Post one with Angela Scanlon, give me strength

You would think An Post were on some sort of mission to save the world, the way she pontificates in that brash, irritating manner. :(

• Advertisement

You would think An Post were on some sort of mission to save the world, the way she pontificates in that brash, irritating manner. :(

Completely-there's the 'We're soooooo important' element to it, despite the fact so many post offices are closing down across the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,135 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The Mc Donalds ad with the wiggly finger . WTf ?

Allianz trying to piggyback off something Donagh I Malley did 50 years ago.

Sorry Allianz, you have no right to associate yourself to a decision a minister made.

'kids are choosing hope over fear'.... What? Makes no sense!

You wouldn't be insuring schools if you weren't making money off it you cretins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Yep, this one is really starting to annoy me. She talks a lot of words but doesn’t actually say anything meaningful whatsoever.

Not Angela Scanlon’s fault the script is pompous, handy few bob I’m sure.

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Yep, this one is really starting to annoy me. She talks a lot of words but doesn’t actually say anything meaningful whatsoever.

Not Angela Scanlon’s fault the script is pompous, handy few bob I’m sure.

They only went for scanlon because she looks like a typical Irish person, red hair and that's theirs brand.

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    The Mc Donalds ad with the wiggly finger . WTf ?

It's like they're trying to start a new "Wassup!" craze, not a hope.

They only went for scanlon because she looks like a typical Irish person, red hair and that's theirs brand.

Nah it’s about how far we’ve come as a nation and how some how An Post helped us there, scanalan is a feminist breaking down barriers. It’s a very tenuous suggestion.

Elmo wrote: »
    Nah it’s about how far we’ve come as a nation and how some how An Post helped us there, scanalan is a feminist breaking down barriers. It’s a very tenuous suggestion.

Breaking down barriers...

She was a fashion blogger or some such, and presented Robot Wars when it died a death, like all Dara O'Briain shows do.

She's an irritant who's probably trying to get a gig on Irish tv, again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

That peely peely mcdonalds ad- and the Irish tv dubbed one is worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Pythagorean

lbc2019 wrote: »
    That peely peely mcdonalds ad- and the Irish tv dubbed one is worse!

Saw that for the first time recently, and its one of the most annoying ads I have ever seen, it would certainly put me off Mc Donalds for life. :mad:

• Advertisement

Breaking down barriers....

Did she not do a whole load of "Reality & Constructed Factual" shows for the BBC and RTÉ. In any case I was being sarcastic.

Did she not do a whole load of "Reality & Constructed Factual" shows for the BBC and RTÉ. In any case I was being sarcastic.

I think RTE thought she'd be their answer to Stacey Dooley...

But then they put their money on Vogue....

Are we sure the RTE deficit isn't down to someone with a severe gambling problem betting on horse racing, but always choosing the horse that dies at the first hurdle?
    They foisted Alison Spittle on us too-they seem to think Twitter following=success.
    That never translates to TV, mainly because folks on twitter always change their 'brand' to appeal to their followers-they're not rock solid in their convictions.
    They change themselves to 'appeal'-like being a child at school.

The folks they 'hate' or claim to, literally never kowtow to people. There's no gatekeeping, no 'you're wrong'-it's agree to disagree and move on with your life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 144 ✭✭Marcus Rashford

Any ad where a business person puts themselves into the ad...so amateurish.

e.g. FairCo, Quote Devil, Arnold from Opel, etc

I think RTE thought she'd be their answer to Stacey Dooley...

But then they put their money on Vogue....

They foisted Alison Spittle on us too-they seem to think Twitter .

Is she not Stacey Dooley... wait is she not Vogue .... is she Alison Spittle... Who are these people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Any ad where a business person puts themselves into the ad...so amateurish.

e.g. FairCo, Quote Devil, Arnold from Opel, etc

Your man that owns Supermacs did this a few years ago supposedly having a conversation with a customer. Embarassing stuff.

Is she not Stacey Dooley... wait is she not Vogue .... is she Alison Spittle... Who are these people.

Vogue is your wan who loves to be in the news-has a gob on her the size of a horse-like, an actual horse. The Irish media were trying to convince us she was a blonde bomb shell.
    The tide wouldn't take her out.

Alison Spittle is a big girl with a lisp who dresses like your nan. She genuinely does, she dresses at least 50 years older than she is.
    RTE have been trying to convince us she's funny for a long time...they even gave her a show, but it was the usual 'twitter followers does not equal an audience'.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Mike Tobacco

Donegal Catch - We're fish people

Who murder their own kind and sell them to another species as meat??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I hate that ad where yer man delivers the shopping to the old couple watching what I assume is Game of Thrones. "Faaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrr play to ya"

**** off

• Registered Users Posts: 13,131 ✭✭✭✭flazio

lertsnim wrote: »
    I hate that ad where yer man delivers the shopping to the old couple watching what I assume is Game of Thrones. "Faaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrr play to ya"

**** off

How'd he let himself in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

lertsnim wrote: »

**** off

Who watches TV like that? Couple of fools. In real life, the guy delivering the shopping is robbing them blind.

Advertisement