Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    The ad for McDonnells curry sauce.

Ah for f . . ., Margaret!, we have the hall booked until eleven

Saw that for the first time recently, and its one of the most annoying ads I have ever seen, it would certainly put me off Mc Donalds for life. :mad:

Dreadful ad, and while I'm here, what is it with the new system in McD's whereby you pay at one counter then you and twenty others gather around another counter, like cattle, with your number in hand, waiting for a single staff member to shout out your number and allow you to eat the food you payed for 15 minutes earlier, when did that start? Fupp sake, cut more corners, save more money, but god forbid they actually give a bit of service back to the customer. A joke.

Peely Peely me arse!

ollaetta wrote: »
    It's something when you despise an ad after only one viewing. That ad for ham that uses the Come out ye Black 'n Tans song is going to be a classic in it's awfulness.

Oh sweet Jaysis, what an earworm, I woke up on day 3 of it, swings legs outta de bed, before feet hit floor "come on and fight me like a ham",and so it goes for another 17 hours of hell before the sweet release of sleep once again. Nothing makes me reach for the remote quicker!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,131 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Dreadful ad, and while I'm here, what is it with the new system in McD's whereby you pay at one counter then you and twenty others gather around another counter, like cattle, with your number in hand, waiting for a single staff member to shout out your number and allow you to eat the food you payed for 15 minutes earlier, when did that start? Fupp sake, cut more corners, save more money, but god forbid they actually give a bit of service back to the customer. A joke.

Peely Peely me arse!
    Most places outside Dublin, you can take a number from beside the touchscreen and sit down and they bring your order to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Oh sweet Jaysis, what an earworm, I woke up on day 3 of it, swings legs outta de bed, before feet hit floor "come on and fight me like a ham",and so it goes for another 17 hours of hell before the sweet release of sleep once again. Nothing makes me reach for the remote quicker!

And it’s only just gone out of your head, then you watch that Alan Partridge/Martin Brennan clip not realising that there are rebel songs on it, and then boom, back it is in your head! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭Archeron

Donegal catch, we're fish people. I don't like fish so no appeal anyway, but realising she is a fish and is killing and processing her own kind for food and profit is just dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

New Coca Cola advert...

'Let's all eat together'...

Uh, did anyone tell em you don't 'eat' Coca Cola-you drink it. It also shows people eating lots of food, but the darn Cola is only passively shown.

Really odd advert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

Those McDonald's adds before movies are just horrendous. We haven't made a good ad since that ad for the dude who came back to Ireland from the states - song went "I think I'm going back to the...... And I can play the game of Life...... Something something .80s ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,084 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Hal3000 wrote: »
    Those McDonald's adds before movies are just horrendous. We haven't made a good ad since that ad for the dude who came back to Ireland from the states - song went "I think I'm going back to the...... And I can play the game of Life...... Something something .80s ad.

That was for the ESB, kinda pointless as they had the monopoly at the time.

CoBo55 wrote: »
    That was for the ESB, kinda pointless as they had the monopoly at the time.

It wasn't just the ESB - it was also one of the earliest appearance of Alan Hughes on TV.
    Aka that annoying camp gay fella on VM1's Ireland AM.

• Advertisement

It wasn't just the ESB - it was also one of the earliest appearance of Alan Hughes on TV.
    Aka that annoying camp gay fella on VM1's Ireland AM.

Same ad. Mammy putting on the immersion, cooking bread in the electric cooker, Hughes sneaking into the local for a sly pint before Daddy arrives in the Opel to bring him to the stix... Wasn't Ireland a grand place....(to leave).

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Same ad. Mammy putting on the immersion, cooking bread in the electric cooker, Hughes sneaking into the local for a sly pint before Daddy arrives in the Opel to bring him to the stix... Wasn't Ireland a grand place....(to leave).

Heading that way now, again, sadly...

Seems to happen every 10 years or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

That patrona flexi van insurance ad on Today Fm does my nut in

• Registered Users Posts: 13,131 ✭✭✭✭flazio

That electric Ireland ad that basically has Moriarty saying "Don't bother shopping around, we are the best electric company"
    Yeah, just taking your biased word for it instead of looking around for ourselves is clearly "smarter living"
    Idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

RTÉ because... promos

The laughing one from first dates shows how bad that programme is

Then ... the victim needs a voice and ... she made the call are an obnoxious use of both people referenced.

flazio wrote: »
    That electric Ireland ad that basically has Moriarty saying "Don't bother shopping around, we are the best electric company"
    Yeah, just taking your biased word for it instead of looking around for ourselves is clearly "smarter living"
    Idiots.

Smortur living..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,026 ✭✭✭trashcan

Ah for f . . ., Margaret!, we have the hall booked until eleven

I actually quite like that one. Didn't like the previous McDonnells ads but this one is not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,026 ✭✭✭trashcan

flazio wrote: »
    How'd he let himself in?

Just what I was asking myself. Have they given him a key, or do they leave their front door open all the time?

(I do kinda like the way she says "I thought they were brother and sister...... oh maybe they're not.)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

The electric Ireland ad,with Bjork singing in the background,that stupid grin on yer mans little chipmunk face,his thick smirk makes me want to kick the telly!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

trashcan wrote: »
    Just what I was asking myself. Have they given him a key, or do they leave their front door open all the time?

(I do kinda like the way she says "I thought they were brother and sister...... oh maybe they're not.)

Most annoying ad ever.. so many annoying things in the ad bug me.

- The fairrrrr play to ya quote
    - the moves out of the old couple on the chair
    - they dont even say thanks to the delivery guy

Just curious about when the delivery guys do come with your food do they put it away for you in your fridge etc? Wouldn't be having that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Hi Ro Ro...well hello Shauna..mother and son in car.

I know it's meant to be funny but I think it's cringey... Some insurance company I think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

SirChenjin wrote: »
    Hi Ro Ro...well hello Shauna..mother and son in car.

I know it's meant to be funny but I think it's cringey... Some insurance company I think.

Terrible ad, yer wan is an unfunny pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

I'd really like to give these two a slap.

477284.png

Annoying cts.png

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »

477284.png

Annoying cts.png

Ellie Goulding ruined her face...

She used to be such a good looking woman, now she's got a face more plastic than Michelle Keegan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »

477284.png

Annoying cts.png

Is yer wan on the right smiling,cause she just thought of another use for the electric toothbrush???:D

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Widye

The new coca cola advert is revolting

• Registered Users Posts: 34 murmer

The KBC ad with the f*ckin eejits dancing around the place. There is something really creepy and unsettling about it, like a bad acid trip

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

what is it with the new system in McD's whereby you pay at one counter then you and twenty others gather around another counter
    I like it as you can customise the burgers on the screen, ask for extra pickles, mustard, ketchup, onions.

You always could but I did not like sounding like a fussy fecker doing that for eurosaver stuff. Also means it has to be made fresh rather than the ones stewing away a good while.

-not a tv ad but jaysus that Ben Dunne gym ad on the radio is woeful, it's like he is reading out a few notes he jotted down on a beer mat while pissed. "prices too hot to advertise"

Specifically Irish Adverts for smartphones (both iPhone and Android) where the living bejaysus is milked out of things like the main camera / secure access.

- When you look at genuine reviews for the same device on YouTube they are at best average and occassionally abysmal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

That ad for chewing gum where your man knocks on the daughter's bedroom door and she is inside with a guy. It seems to be on a lot again and I hate it.

Advertisement