Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 144 ✭✭Marcus Rashford

decky1 wrote: »
    Woden wrote: »
    That specific tampon ad in which the girl says to a girl "Sugar, Aren't you meant to be on a diet?" really pisses me off and i wish some how he would just open the pack and embarass here for emptying her stupid tampon filled bag out onto the table in the first place. that and the bloody voiceover.

On these adds why do they always show the girls bum's sometimes on a bike or the one with the girl playing tennis they wait till her shirt is up a bit then zoom in on her bum:eek: not right.

The Heather Watson Always ad? I like it...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,589 ✭✭✭jackboy

Scram wrote: »
    Ive no idea if its been mentioned but i just cant stand the Three ireland advert where the mum runs into a pillar and then jumps a long with her kid, now thats not the worse part imo. Its the "song" they play, i hate it to a level of hating a song id never thought id get too.

When I see this I just think, stop messing with pieces of paper in an empty office and get a life. Your in that office because you want to be, not because you have to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Claireabella

It's the middle of April, and some idiot in the Coca Cola boardroom decides on an advert with a Christmas song in it. Mute button every time I see it come on ��

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Scram wrote: »
    Ive no idea if its been mentioned but i just cant stand the Three ireland advert where the mum runs into a pillar and then jumps a long with her kid, now thats not the worse part imo. Its the "song" they play, i hate it to a level of hating a song id never thought id get too.

Have to agree with this, that song is painful to listen to. Its got the lyrics "no water in the water fountain, no side on the sidewalk", like just fcuk right off.

I wish failed musicians who make sh1te music like this for advertising companies would just realise that their career hasn't worked out and go and do something else instead of spending their time polluting our ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

If there is one company that is responsible for making ads hell its these feckers, year in and year out, more of the same bollox over and over. And just for the record you are not the Internet and all the wonderful things it offers, you are just a service provider, one of many. Your competitors offer the exact same "internet".

Their latest offering (sorry no youtube vid available at this time):
    https://www.facebook.com/vodafoneireland/videos/vb.39948747919/2313365578938123/?type=2&theater

I have been watching tv for about an 2 hours now, have seen this ad about 6 times, atrocious altogether.

• Advertisement

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Have to agree with this, that song is painful to listen to. Its got the lyrics "no water in the water fountain, no side on the sidewalk", like just fcuk right off.

I wish failed musicians who make sh1te music like this for advertising companies would just realise that their career hasn't worked out and go and do something else instead of spending their time polluting our ears.

That's actually a real single by a real musician....

• Site Banned Posts: 328 ✭✭ogsjw

Marketing in Ireland is hilarious.

The print ads you see out and about are snapshots from television ads.

But I don't watch television, so I rarely understand the context of whatever gag/theme/story the print ad is going for.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

I have been watching tv for about an 2 hours now, have seen this ad about 6 times, atrocious altogether.

What is it with VF and dreadful ads? They've been churning them out for years now; the pig ads, the girl going to the gaeltacht, the Christmas ad where the kid is listening to headphones that aren't actually connected to anything, the exchange student one with the lovestruck sap, the camping one where the dad takes the kid's phone off him and now the Dermot Bannon (one of the most annoying people on TV) ones. Who's in charge of their marketing department; Coco the clown?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭storker

What's so awful about it. I mean of course its rubbish but only in the sense that all ads are. I don't see what's so particularly egregious about this one. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,135 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Nothing comes close to the sheer awfulness of the Mc D " peely peely " ad

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 17 Bumper Mannix

That's actually a real single by a real musician....

I dunno about the musician bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,084 ✭✭✭CoBo55

blueser wrote: »
    What is it with VF and dreadful ads? They've been churning them out for years now; the pig ads, the girl going to the gaeltacht, the Christmas ad where the kid is listening to headphones that aren't actually connected to anything, the exchange student one with the lovestruck sap, the camping one where the dad takes the kid's phone off him and now the Dermot Bannon (one of the most annoying people on TV) ones. Who's in charge of their marketing department; Coco the clown?

I liked the Gaeltacht one... Three weeks of crack!!!

CoBo55 wrote: »
    I liked the Gaeltacht one... Three weeks of crack!!!

That was McDonald's, those ads were kinda funny.
    The Vodafone Gaeltacht one was this girl sending a whingy text to her ma but it turned out she really really liked the Gaeltacht, which happens to be Greystones - I was gawking over the wall at the film crew until they told me what they were doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Nothing comes close to the sheer awfulness of the Mc D " peely peely " ad

"Peely peely" sounds like someone with barely any English talking about circumcision.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

The ALDI ad with the Game of Thrones/the Vikings Superfan declaring he’s shocked at the savings....are we supposed to believe he does the weekly shop??

That was McDonald's, those ads were kinda funny.
    The Vodafone Gaeltacht one was this girl sending a whingy text to her ma but it turned out she really really liked the Gaeltacht, which happens to be Greystones - I was gawking over the wall at the film crew until they told me what they were doing.

Oh lord I remember it now, dreadful drivel..

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭worker bee

Has it been done?
    The Aviva life insurance one where the couple are strolling in a nice bright woods and a jogger runs past them. They gasp with relief that this encounter hasn't ended badly and share a weird look of silent agreement that they will never leave their house again and acknowledgement it's lucky that they have life assurance as their child could have been orphaned in this potentially catastrophic jogging/strolling incident.
    Talk about nervous nellies.

Just saw a terrible ad, with the now standard 30 something Daddy with beard of course, 30 something Mammy looking like she's the brains of the outfit buying some brat shoes.... I hit the mute button and turned away, it was shocking!! Don't ask me what it was for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

the dad with the beard and check shirt with sleeves rolled up and the mom with big timmed glasses and office style clothes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

How much further will Claudia Winkleman go just to promote herself and her hair??

I don't even know who the hell she is or what she does..... apart that she is now on an ad reading out messages about herself that probably aren't even real. Only good part is in one of the messages which says she's an annoying personality vacuum which is actually true.
    So bleedin sick of that wretched ad all about her drawing attention to herself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Apt8

I hated her from the ad, and then saw her on 8/10 Cats one evening, she was surprisingly funny and intelligent. I still mute that ad though.

That AIB ad with the screeching kids does my nut in though. Backed by AIB my hole, whoever's responsible for that should have been sacked by AIB.

Just heard "That epic new dad feeling" who writes that ****e???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Just heard "That epic new dad feeling" who writes that ****e???

People in 'morkeshing'.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I hate that Center Parcs ad with the little girl narrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

I saw a new AIB one the other day. Some young tool talking about all the “amenities” in Ballybrack trying to highlight why it’s such a good place to buy a house.

What were the amenities? The coffee shop on Killiney hill and killiney beach. Give me strength

lertsnim wrote: »
    I hate that Center Parcs ad with the little girl narrating.

Far preferable to the one with the young lad, "much, much brillianter"!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Far preferable to the one with the young lad, "much, much brillianter"!

I didn't realise there was a second one. Something to look forward to :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Something about that Woodies advert... I don't know if it's too presumptuous, if it's the staging... or if it's the calm voiceover that makes the dude sound like he's too steps away from 'it puts the lotion on it's skin, or else it gets the hose again'...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Saw Simon Cowell in a bank ad on Eurosport.

Seriously did he not make enough money off One Direction over the last few years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

That an post ad with the smug red head one gloating on about how progressive and great we all are.

Not everyone agrees with the ****e you showed as being positives smug twat

Advertisement