Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

All those Muller ads with Nicole skinnynickers where she always falls and gets a perfect blip of the stuff on her nose then she does a silly laugh.
    Don't know why but I effin hate them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

That AIB ad with the irritating couple showing the child their new car. Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

That Volkswagen ad with Baz and his aul one in the rally car.

I wonder did he have to bring the aul one along for the ad because he's still off the road for his drink driving charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,519 ✭✭✭caviardreams

That AIB ad with the irritating couple showing the child their new car. Jesus.

"Serious brownie points. Serious brownie points."

WTF, like a one year old is a good judge of a car? :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

NOSE BLIND!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I don't know what the hell the ad is for but it features a bunch of clever clogs precocious children of the type so beloved of advertising execs giving out to a succession of adults about something while the theme music from For A Few Dollars More plays on the soundtrack. It came on twice during one ad break and I had to switch it off no way wanted to see it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭donegal_man

darkdubh wrote: »
    I don't know what the hell the ad is for but it features a bunch of clever clogs precocious children of the type so beloved of advertising execs giving out to a succession of adults about something while the theme music from For A Few Dollars More plays on the soundtrack. It came on twice during one ad break and I had to switch it off no way wanted to see it again.

Is it the one for Virgin TV's new box? "We are the masters of entertainment because we are seven." Hideous ad

Is it the one for Virgin TV's new box? "We are the masters of entertainment because we are seven." Hideous ad

Yeah think that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

I absolutely really really REALLY FECKIN HATE that bleedin song for that 123.ie ad.Everything about it-the music,the poncey prettyboy singing etc. makes me mute the telly every time that ad comes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

There's an add where a mother is joking with about 4 children, they're comparing things and a too-confident-for-my-liking 7 year old says 'as something as a man called Steve', where they all laugh. No more please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Many NFL fans are annoyed of this commercial.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭valoren

Switch....to.....energia......dot......ie

You're welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

valoren wrote: »
    Switch....to.....energia......dot......ie

You're welcome.

Those hamsters and stupid humans

Autosport wrote: »

Forgot about that one. The female "hamster" doing that stupid dance at the end.

Autosport wrote: »
    darkdubh wrote: »
    Forgot about that one. The female "hamster" doing that stupid dance at the end.

AHH NO! I love the hamsters and the little dance :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,378 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I see Aldi have rolled out that green juice/veg advert again, by far the most annoying Irish advert

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

the money supermarket advert. i'm half way between wanting to fire my shoe at my laptop. i have to endure this advert once week when i'm watching wrestling live and than there is a part of me that likes it.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭valoren

silverharp wrote: »
    I see Aldi have rolled out that green juice/veg advert again, by far the most annoying Irish advert

I love that ad. His shudder when she restarts the blender is priceless.

Sound!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,378 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

valoren wrote: »
    I love that ad. His shudder when she restarts the blender is priceless.

Sound!

cringe , plus the wife with the grin on her face. Imagine a similar advert with reversed rolls, wouldn't happen

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Pablo7285

That Head & Shoulders ad with the women in front of mirrors.
    Especially the shrill squeal when one woman sees her hair and "Gonna pull tonight"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

That ad with the Nana and granddaughter watching the tv is truly horrible.

The new ad for a cake bar, I think it's called One Fibre. A complete rip off of the Bonnie Tyler song, hideous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

The AIB ad where yer wan sees the car outside on the road. She doesn't look in her mirror or her blind spot as she's moving off.
    Tut tut tut.

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    The AIB ad where yer wan sees the car outside on the road. She doesn't look in her mirror or her blind spot as she's moving off.
    Tut tut tut.

I keep waiting for the smack in the side of the car :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The WeBuyAnyCar adverts where it's basically saying "yeah they rip you off, but surelookit, be thankful of the quick cash".

FWIW, I bought a new car before Xmas, there was 2k difference between their offer and the trade in value, had I gone private you could add another 300-500 quid on top. That is definitely "worth my time".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

The ad for the Brendan Courtney programme that's on tonight. It mentions care for his 'ageing father'.

In case nobody has noticed, we are all ageing. From the minute we are born. Not just people who are over 50, parents and or/ill.

Lisha wrote: »
    That ad with the Nana and granddaughter watching the tv is truly horrible.

I know, who thought an ad showing some granny creaming herself over a love scene would be appropriate!! strange ad altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Ad for Optilase. Apparently she can now read to her child at bedtime since she got her eyes lasered. Why she couldn't do it previously wearing a pair of glasses is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

Radio5 wrote:
    The ad for the Brendan Courtney programme that's on tonight. It mentions care for his 'ageing father'

In case nobody has noticed, we are all ageing. From the minute we are born. Not just people who are over 50, parents and or/ill.

I think we can drop the semantics on that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Do Kinder really sell enough chocolate to justify their constant multi-year repetition of their Godawful ads? Why dont you see other chocolate companies doing this? Their ad budget must be up there with some car companies...

Advertisement