Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    The Avonmore idents pre and post the weather.
    The rubber faced one who spends her day hanging around the kitchen robbing her housemates food. They even have to put post-it notes on their stuff telling her to f off.

Feckin moocher.

I used to share a flat with a bi**h who would steal everybody's food. Milk, cereal,bread, anything that was 'free'. That ad reminds me of her, when it comes on, I just want to punch your wan in the head. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    The Avonmore idents pre and post the weather.
    The rubber faced one who spends her day hanging around the kitchen robbing her housemates food. They even have to put post-it notes on their stuff telling her to f off.

Feckin moocher.

Also isn't a very good advertisement for the lactose free milk if that's the only milk they don't care about her stealing. 'Go ahead and drink this muck, you scab, just leave my real milk alone'

• Registered Users Posts: 9,083 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Also isn't a very good advertisement for the lactose free milk if that's the only milk they don't care about her stealing. 'Go ahead and drink this muck, you scab, just leave my real milk alone'

Ha ha!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

GCIREL wrote: »
    Can someone somewhere please make the very welcome decision to immediately stop Claudia I'm soooooooo irritating Winkleman from appearing on any more ads please. Otherwise my boot will very likely go through my television.

Yes what a gowl.... I'd give my spleen for her to **** off.. stupid ad stupid woman stupid shampoo

If it's real, no extensions, to be fair, she has FANTASTIC hair

anewme wrote: »
    If it's real, no extensions, to be fair, she has FANTASTIC hair

Hold on to your spleen there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

I see that gormless looking chap of "well hello Shauna" is back

Lord lads but that ad for the seatbelts is grimly embarrassing...

• Registered Users Posts: 48 GCIREL

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Lord lads but that ad for the seatbelts is grimly embarrassing...

The driver with the quivering lip afraid of his ****e to ask - that ads ridiculous alright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Who's the eiminator? Tongan haka?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

i see the drunken housewife aka deirdre okane on radio there advocating buying video games to entertain the kids when they come home from school for the winter? she mentions Minecraft and Grand Theft Auto, she must be on about the 19 year old college students living with mammy so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

"Lets talk about bladder leakage"

No. Lets not.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Jesus Christ that Emernator ad makes me physically sick, the whole rugby sh1te being forced down our throats every adbreak is completely headwrecking, our country/our land/in this together sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Thargor wrote: »
    Jesus Christ that Emernator ad makes me physically sick, the whole rugby sh1te being forced down our throats every adbreak is completely headwrecking, our country/our land/in this together sh1te.

Just as we are finishing up a three month pounding of GAA ads along comes the rugby ads for the next 8 weeks. Id say a few sponsors are regretting it now after that hammering we took off England at the weekend.

Theres a Guinness ad aswell about female Chinese rugby players or some sh1t, continuing the Guinness tradition of claiming credit in their ads for stuff they have absolutely nothing to do with, its honestly nauseating how cheesy and contrived rugby ads are.

Theres a Guinness ad aswell about female Chinese rugby players or some sh1t, continuing the Guinness tradition of claiming credit in their ads for stuff they have absolutely nothing to do with, its honestly nauseating how cheesy and contrived rugby ads are.

Definitely the ugliest Chinese women I've ever seen... Those ads give me the bloody gawks..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Definitely the ugliest Chinese women I've ever seen... Those ads give me the bloody gawks..

Japanese. And I'm sure her desirability to you is not the aim of the ad. Guinness would sicken you with their ads all the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

optogirl wrote: »
    Japanese. And I'm sure her desirability to you is not the aim of the ad. Guinness would sicken you with their ads all the same

After seeing the ad a few times I also thought it was a chinese team.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

better off if the rugby players concentrated on there training rather than making sure every one is in, im looking at u rory best

Hmmm, I thought they were Chinese because of the oppressive shots of grim Communist looking housing blocks and factorys spewing pollution, there's really nothing Japanese about it. Who cares if some women take up a sport in Japan? You can do what you want in that country, the ad is even more irritating now because it makes no sense...

• Advertisement

optogirl wrote: »

Of course desirability to me is what it's about, it's an ad... Guinness think they're being clever by putting someone puck ugly instead of pretty for the second glance factor, it still ain't gonna get me drinking Guinness...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

It is an awful ad. What is it supposed to mean? These rugby world cup ads are all awful actually but thankfully we will be free of them soon.

Hmmm, I thought they were Chinese because of the oppressive shots of grim Communist looking housing blocks and factorys spewing pollution, there's really nothing Japanese about it. Who cares if some women take up a sport in Japan? You can do what you want in that country, the ad is even more irritating now because it makes no sense...

You can be sure there is nothing Japanese (or Chinese) about the location. Probably filmed in some rundown part of Dublin.

jk23 wrote: »
    Who's the eiminator? Tongan haka?

What does it even mean? Eiminator? Emernator? Eimearnator? Which is it and what does it mean?

This ad may well rival the pure awfulness of EBS The Mortgage Masters, the Orchard Thieves ads or those awful loud Non Nonsense ads from way back.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 GCIREL

What does it even mean? Eiminator? Emernator? Eimearnator? Which is it and what does it mean?

This ad may well rival the pure awfulness of EBS The Mortgage Masters, the Orchard Thieves ads or those awful loud Non Nonsense ads from way back.

Ah yes it's so annoying... plus they're trying to do the whole we better include a woman in a sports ad bull sh1t and then she spins around with her pink floral laptop! Gimme a break.... as if those 3 lads didn't sniff a woman out who is only 5 feet away.... then they can't even pronounce their lines properly!!! Ahhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 16,287 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Thought that was obvious from the cultural cues it was Japan even without the words "Tokyo 1989" flashed up on screen. That's like confusing Britain with Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

That new Guinness rugby ad is indeed dreadful.

You'd swear they were some all-conquering, pioneering team. I don't even know what sort of message they are trying to convey in the ad. Like what was historic about it? They rose against oppression to set up a woman's team so they could have a few pints after the games?

Which symbolises the relationship rugby has with alcohol. But shush, it's grand. They aren't muck savages like the GAA lads.

yes they dont piss on lads in pubs and have questionable relations with females

GCIREL wrote: »
    Ah yes it's so annoying... plus they're trying to do the whole we better include a woman in a sports ad bull sh1t and then she spins around with her pink floral laptop! Gimme a break.... as if those 3 lads didn't sniff a woman out who is only 5 feet away.... then they can't even pronounce their lines properly!!! Ahhhhhhh

I take it this 'Emernator' or whatever she is called is a woman called Emer/Eimear who is a rugby pundit? I don't watch much rugby so would not know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,589 ✭✭✭jackboy

I take it this 'Emernator' or whatever she is called is a woman called Emer/Eimear who is a rugby pundit? I don't watch much rugby so would not know?
    Eimear Considine. She plays rugby with Ireland. Poor add but hope she makes a few Euro out of it.

Advertisement