Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The Lenor ad has dropped the bedgassam eejitry.

"Follow the fox", what shi*e is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

How has Griffith College not been mentioned yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Perf with Surf

Not that the tagline isn't bad enough but the silly looking "kid" that grins at the camera is even worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,083 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Did ye see the head on your man on the ad for some kind of meat? We can trace it all the way or some type of drivel he says while staring into the camera, it's dreadful. He must have been quare hard up for the few bob to do that ad.

How has Griffith College not been mentioned yet?

Are they back? Noo, death by a thousand cuts would be better.

• Advertisement

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Did ye see the head on your man on the ad for some kind of meat? We can trace it all the way or some type of drivel he says while staring into the camera, it's dreadful. He must have been quare hard up for the few bob to do that ad.

I think he was in Ros na Run way back when I used to watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

“I didn’t even know oral b made a toothpaste” ffs has she never taken her big gob of white shiny teeth to a supermarket. Every one of them sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

madmaggie wrote: »
    I think he was in Ros na Run way back when I used to watch it.

It was all downhill after he did that show...

Poor fella. Fun fact, Lisa Dwan HATED that show, and her role in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

“I didn’t even know oral b made a toothpaste” ffs has she never taken her big gob of white shiny teeth to a supermarket. Every one of them sell it.

But as I've said before Oral-B was a brand name of a Toothbrush. The B in Oral-B stands for Brush. The name was synonymous with toothbrushs for at least 40 years which I suspect is why they add that line.

But yeah its an annoying ad anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

That "nice ghost" @rsehole, I can't stand him. He comes across like the kind of fella who gets offended by Fairytale Of New York and retweets Louise O Neill.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

That "nice ghost" @rsehole, I can't stand him. He comes across like the kind of fella who gets offended by Fairytale Of New York and retweets Louise O Neill.

Yeah, it would suit a Phellipon ghost removal service! No such thing as ghosts, only ghostbusting scammers. And actors for Heineken!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Strings and things.

Basically a young girl getting molested by the cheese version of Jimmy Savile

• Registered Users Posts: 41 aivilo

The #teamofus ad ...just cringe every time.

The no water in the water fountain ad where the mam is bouncing on her office with her daughter in the trampoline

• Registered Users Posts: 16,287 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

JJayoo wrote: »
    Strings and things.

Basically a young girl getting molested by the cheese version of Jimmy Savile

I thought it was one big drug trip reference.

Do kids actually eat that stuff? The product sounds repulsive.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,385 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

more like "but how do i keep my mouth healthy"

goes to dentist - dentist says "try brushing your teeth occasionally"

thats what i imagine a real conversation to be like ! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭99problems1

I have a long list of ads I hate but all of the GAA ads really boil my piss.

The worst one recently has to be that supervalu one "proud sponsors of where you're from."

The cork player being a lesbian or the cavan player having cancer has absolutely nothing to do with supervalu.

more like "but how do i keep my mouth healthy"

goes to dentist - dentist says "try brushing your teeth occasionally"

thats what i imagine a real conversation to be like ! :)

She has a great arse though. "hips. thighs. bum." ;)

What does it even mean? Eiminator? Emernator? Eimearnator? Which is it and what does it mean?

This ad may well rival the pure awfulness of EBS The Mortgage Masters, the Orchard Thieves ads or those awful loud Non Nonsense ads from way back.

Eir Sports is so **** now that they look like they're spending their whole annual advertising budget on a few weeks to try and hook people up to a subscription for the only thing anyone would ever want to watch on that channel (despite it being available on RTE/Virgin too.)

It HAS to be the most played ad in the last month, the boys delighted to make soft money from it. The token female then to look progressive.

Tommy Bowe, Stringer, D'arcy all achieved massive things in professional mens rugby. What would Eimearnator know about facing the all blacks or the south africans?

As someone who does not watch broadcast TV I am saddened at the lack of links to the horrid ads.

As someone who does not watch broadcast TV I am saddened at the lack of links to the horrid ads.

Stupid stupid ad.

• Advertisement

aivilo wrote: »
    The #teamofus ad ...just cringe every time.

The no water in the water fountain ad where the mam is bouncing on her office with her daughter in the trampoline

On her own the saddo...

What does it even mean? Eiminator? Emernator? Eimearnator? Which is it and what does it mean?

This ad may well rival the pure awfulness of EBS The Mortgage Masters, the Orchard Thieves ads or those awful loud Non Nonsense ads from way back.

Eir Sports is so **** now that they look like they're spending their whole annual advertising budget on a few weeks to try and hook people up to a subscription for the only thing anyone would ever want to watch on that channel (despite it being available on RTE/Virgin too.)

It HAS to be the most played ad in the last month, the boys delighted to make soft money from it. The token female then to look progressive.

Tommy Bowe, Stringer, D'arcy all achieved massive things in professional mens rugby. What would Eimearnator know about facing the all blacks or the south africans?

This type of forced gender quotas is actually a misogynist out of me where there was none previously. I do not want to hear the opinion of someone who played women's sport when discussing mens sport. In some cases yes it is bearable but I feel the women pundits are on tv mostly for the wrong reasons these days, I.e. to virtue signal, tick the woke box and show the evil men that girls are amazing

This type of forced gender quotas is actually a misogynist out of me where there was none previously. I do not want to hear the opinion of someone who played women's sport when discussing mens sport. In some cases yes it is bearable but I feel the women pundits are on tv mostly for the wrong reasons these days, I.e. to virtue signal, tick the woke box and show the evil men that girls are amazing

Yup.

Mens and womens rugby is completely different.

Imagine Ireland get a penalty on the half way line to win the game and they ask her "what do you think they should do?" She'll have no experience of being in that position because women can't kick that far. Meanwhile, D'arcy etc. will have been on the pitch and know the discussions that happen, how difficult it would be to go from half way to try etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,589 ✭✭✭jackboy

Yup.

Mens and womens rugby is completely different.

Imagine Ireland get a penalty on the half way line to win the game and they ask her "what do you think they should do?" She'll have no experience of being in that position because women can't kick that far. Meanwhile, D'arcy etc. will have been on the pitch and know the discussions that happen, how difficult it would be to go from half way to try etc.

I wouldn't hold that against her. It is possible for someone that didn't play the sport to be a good pundit. Maybe she will be good. As regards the ad she is starting out on TV so I can see why she agreed to do it.

Being a good pundit should be the top priority but it isn't. This is not a male/ female thing. Why was Ciaran Whelan on for the final last Sunday. He is an appaling pundit. There must be better in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

I notice these sports ads mainly GAA and rugby are for the most part poor. How many of them are they going to make? Every supermarket, phone company, internet provider, etc. have to have one it would seem. Of the two types of ad, the rugby ones are way worse than the GAA (some of which are not too bad). That faux Japanese ad with various famous rugby players posing doing Japanese type things and that 'Eimearnator' ad are terrible. No excuse for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Is this the one that goes...hips...bum..boils my blood .want to give her a good kick in the gicker.

The new Coca Cola ad. All young trendy happy clappy types.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Be right back

A new ad for cheese strings. Where a young girl disappears into her mother's shopping bag...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

What’s that ad for Nutella ,all the family around for breakfast ,the kids heading off to school.

Ah sure a good shovelful of Nutella into ya,is a healthy start to your day!!!, ffs!!!

• Advertisement

jackboy wrote: »
    I wouldn't hold that against her. It is possible for someone that didn't play the sport to be a good pundit. Maybe she will be good. As regards the ad she is starting out on TV so I can see why she agreed to do it.

Being a good pundit should be the top priority but it isn't. This is not a male/ female thing. Why was Ciaran Whelan on for the final last Sunday. He is an appaling pundit. There must be better in Dublin.

Because Ciaran Whelan has been there and done that. He's played in big matches at Croker.

Advertisement