Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

That ad on Newstalk for Go Loud. You can see it below.

https://www.newstalk.com/news/ireland-time-goloud-870327

The is something about the radio version that makes the repeating 'Go Loud' voice in the background much more prominent.

It really does my head in. Its like somebody is shouting Go Loud at you constantly. I HATE IT.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭99problems1

Tzardine wrote: »
    That ad on Newstalk for Go Loud. You can see it below.

https://www.newstalk.com/news/ireland-time-goloud-870327

The is something about the radio version that makes the repeating 'Go Loud' voice in the background much more prominent.

It really does my head in. Its like somebody is shouting Go Loud at you constantly. I HATE IT.

Such a stupid idea too. The whole point of it supposedly is that it has music, podcasts and radio in one place. Never ever would imagine this is a problem for anyone.

What's next, someone will come out with an app that has netflix, youtube and RTE player in one place? Pure rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,589 ✭✭✭jackboy

Because Ciaran Whelan has been there and done that. He's played in big matches at Croker.
    True, but he is a dreadful pundit. He has nothing to offer. He is not engaging, interesting or entertaining. Being an ex player should be down the list of priorities for a pundit.

I suppose this is all a bit off topic anyway. There is a big difference between appearing on an ad and being a pundit.

She has a great arse though. "hips. thighs. bum." ;)

Have a look at the fridge when she takes out a pepper, she has a whole shelf of peppers! Is she eating them like apples?

Ad on Newstalk for children's vitamins... Some woman singing about teddybears... Radio goes off instantly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Ad on Channel 5, "Graham, love....." I'm waiting for the ould fella to tell her where to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,244 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Sky sports ad where the 6 foot blond walks in with her tall pals and stands right in front of the guy watching the TV and smirks at him

CoBo55 wrote: »
    That Eir ad with the three thirty something nerds on the sofa getting beaten by "yawn" a woman in gym gear.. mother of jaysus can someone pleeese change the record!!!

Yes that ad drives me mad. More of the 'Idiot man-clever woman' narrative. There is another 'Team of us' cringefest where there is two people running through what seems to be a desert. Of course the sassy woman is out in front and the fat clutz of a man is 'slowing them down'. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

That Joe healthy living muck

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Because Ciaran Whelan has been there and done that. He's played in big matches at Croker.

Been there, done that-never won an All Ireland medal. His analysis is so basic too.

In relation to adverts-the new one for Supervalu. It's PAINFULLY diverse. As in about as subtle as someone shouting 'DIVERSITY' in your face for a whole minute.

• Advertisement

What does it even mean? Eiminator? Emernator? Eimearnator? Which is it and what does it mean?

The girl in question is Eimear Considine, Ireland rugby international(and very hot IMO). Hence Eimear-nator.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,083 ✭✭✭CoBo55

The girl in question is Eimear Considine, Ireland rugby international(and very hot IMO). Hence Eimear-nator.

Hot or not she's making a complete eejit of herself doing that Ad. The three gob****es on the sofa are no better. Newsflash to Eir, not everyone in Ireland is interested in bloody rugby, particularly when it's being held on the other side of the world..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Hot or not she's making a complete eejit of herself doing that Ad. The three gob****es on the sofa are no better. Newsflash to Eir, not everyone in Ireland is interested in bloody rugby, particularly when it's being held on the other side of the world..

And as for the Tongan haka, it says it all about the game that they are more interested in the pre-game tribal dance than the game itself!

Im not going to blame the actors/athletes doing the ads. They are getting paid so they may as well. This narrative of women being better than men is getting pretty tiring and lame though :rolleyes:. If it was balanced with a bit of equal tit for tat one-up-'man'-ship then fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,135 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The new Mc Donalds ad about organic eggs . What on earth is it meant to even promote ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭99problems1

Maybe this trend has always been around but I hate it.

It's in the Eir ads and the new energia ads. Basically the event happens, then a voiceover or graphic showing an offer or something about the company and then it goes back to the event for a "quip".

So the Eir ad goes Eimernator -> Eir Deal -> So..Tongan Haka?

Energia ad goes Kick to Horgan -> Energia message -> O'Gara "What about that kick though?"

I wonder what this method is about? Not new I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Maybe this trend has always been around but I hate it.

It's in the Eir ads and the new energia ads. Basically the event happens, then a voiceover or graphic showing an offer or something about the company and then it goes back to the event for a "quip".

So the Eir ad goes Eimernator -> Eir Deal -> So..Tongan Haka?

Energia ad goes Kick to Horgan -> Energia message -> O'Gara "What about that kick though?"

I wonder what this method is about? Not new I know.

They are also going to be eir's commentary and analysis team for the RWC2019

Seat Belt, I don't hate it, just the guy asking the other guy to put his seat belt on, but the ad itself is actually quite good.

I'm not interested in GAA but you don't see me on here ranting about all the GAA themed adverts. I have no need to buy incontinence pads, or tampons or denture glue or over 60's pension plans and I've not been mis-sold PPI, but I'm not ranting about those either. Maybe you should write to RTE and get them to set up a channel just for you that shows only adverts involving topics you are interested in?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,083 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I'm not interested in GAA but you don't see me on here ranting about all the GAA themed adverts. I have no need to buy incontinence pads, or tampons or denture glue or over 60's pension plans and I've not been mis-sold PPI, but I'm not ranting about those either. Maybe you should write to RTE and get them to set up a channel just for you that shows only adverts involving topics you are interested in?
    The Ad is dreadful, if was anything, anything at all it would still be dreadful it makes my blood boil it's so stupid and wooden.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

I've already waxed lyrical about the lad who's delighted about his girlfriend taking his Dad's antique watch without asking cos she felt like it...but the beginning of that ad 'For as long as relationships have been important...'. What's that Aviva? You've been around since relationships have been important? Right. So we were all just cracking each others heads open and feasting on the goo within until you decided to show up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

That ad for Kia's new obese hatchback is totally unrealistic - there's not a single gin-swilling, bob-sporting Karen to be seen chasing it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

Is that yer man Chris Doran singing on that McDonald's ad? For those who do not know who Chris Doran is, he was the 2004 Irish Eurovision singer.

Why is Kate Middleton doing the SuperValu ad?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Is that yer man Chris Doran singing on that McDonald's ad? For those who do not know who Chris Doran is, he was the 2004 Irish Eurovision singer.

I remember him.

The McDonald's ad is awful.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

madmaggie wrote: »
    Why is Kate Middleton doing the SuperValu ad?

I'm amazed there's no Jay from the Inbetweeners style comments about her on here yet.

That fecking Eimearnator doesn't seem to be going anywhere yet, they all act like they know her when she turns around, if they can't figure out the name surely their reaction should 'Who the f*ck are you and how did you get in here?'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,616 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

That ad with 'Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You' by Glenn Medeiros completely wrecks my head! I jump for the remote control at first sign of it. I'm not even sure what the ad is for (probably McDonald's or something). Aaaarrrggghhhh!!!!

There's and ad on one of the English channels for over 50's life insurance, usual spiel, take care of your family, etc. The over 50's depicted are two doddery grey haired old dears. I'm well over 50, and nothing like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,287 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

That ad for Kia's new obese hatchback is totally unrealistic - there's not a single gin-swilling, bob-sporting Karen to be seen chasing it!

Why does every second car look like a squashed beetle these days? I don't know who finds these things attractive. That Citreon Cactus (ridiculous name) looks as if it has a plastic six-pack thing on both sides.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,131 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Why does every second car look like a squashed beetle these days? I don't know who finds these things attractive. That Citreon Cactus (ridiculous name) looks as if it has a plastic six-pack thing on both sides.
    There's a newer model out now and it has done away with its air pods or whatever they were called.

Advertisement