Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

madmaggie wrote: »
    There's and ad on one of the English channels for over 50's life insurance, usual spiel, take care of your family, etc. The over 50's depicted are two doddery grey haired old dears. I'm well over 50, and nothing like that.

“We’ll look after your funeral expenses...”

Personally, I don’t give a fcuk about my funeral expenses. They will be paid out of my estate. Lousy in the extreme to try and convince people that this is something they should worry about. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The ad, either Centra or Spar, with Johnny Sexton staring into space, and a daft young one trying to assemble a sandwich. The multitude of rugby players on ads now is into overkill territory. I'd rather the GAA lads telling us to stamp out scour!

The ad, either Centra or Spar, with Johnny Sexton staring into space, and a daft young one trying to assemble a sandwich. The multitude of rugby players on ads now is into overkill territory. I'd rather the GAA lads telling us to stamp out scour!

I do actually hate that ad.

The first time I saw it i thought she said a sexting sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,131 ✭✭✭✭flazio

It's Mace actually.

@flazio, goes to show the ad doesn't work, so annoyed at the content I didn't notice the name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,287 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Yes that ad drives me mad. More of the 'Idiot man-clever woman' narrative. There is another 'Team of us' cringefest where there is two people running through what seems to be a desert. Of course the sassy woman is out in front and the fat clutz of a man is 'slowing them down'. :rolleyes:

Eir's new slogan should be "Make Stupid"

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Hot or not she's making a complete eejit of herself doing that Ad. The three gob****es on the sofa are no better. Newsflash to Eir, not everyone in Ireland is interested in bloody rugby, particularly when it's being held on the other side of the world..

I think she’s the best actor in the ad actually.
    Also, is it just me or did it sound like they were saying ‘Tangan Haka’ when the ad came out first but now it clearly sounds like Tongan Haka.

I noticed it before on the snickers ad with Elton John too. I’m pretty sure he was singing out of tune when the ad came out first, but now it sounds fine. Is it my ears or do these things get edited again?

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

She seems fairly wooden to me. The “unlucky lads” part is pure cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

There's and ad on one of the English channels for over 50's life insurance, usual spiel, take care of your family, etc. The over 50's depicted are two doddery grey haired old dears. I'm well over 50, and nothing like that.

Adverts now tend to be of the 'You're over 25- just die already!!!' variety.

And tbh, I've noticed lately they don't depict any person intelligently. Some of the adverts aimed at people...

Are they meant to make you feel more intelligent?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 GCIREL

Also, is it just me or did it sound like they were saying ‘Tangan Haka’ when the ad came out first but now it clearly sounds like Tongan Haka.

I noticed it before on the snickers ad with Elton John too. I’m pretty sure he was singing out of tune when the ad came out first, but now it sounds fine. Is it my ears or do these things get edited again?

100%! Sounded like Italian Haka they've definitely edited it... ahhh that ad gives me ire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Adverts now tend to be of the 'You're over 25- just die already!!!' variety.

Tell me about it! I'm well over 25 and the Pretty Little Thing ads really appeal to me. I've searched through their entire range several times and still can't find anything that would suit my body shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I think some ads get edited after the ad company sees them on tv and realises their mistakes. I certainly remember the VHI ad launched last year with the teacher and in the ad she shouted THYROID CANCER at a much higher volume than the rest of the voice over. About a week later it was fixed and back to the same volume as the rest of the ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

These rugby ads are awful for the most part. Why are so many bad ads made about this sport and other sports of late? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Why are so many bad ads made about this sport and other sports of late? :confused:
    they are usually terrible, even with someone a bit more charismatic like Usain Bolt I still cringe.

I did not like seeing the ads nor the abuse Katie Taylor was getting, who is a seemingly shy/timid type and was doing those horrible ads for that outlandishly sexist car insurance company. I hope she got a fair few quid for it, she is not a professional actor so unfair to expect much, the pro actors in the ad were bad enough too.

I thought the rugby lads were not too bad, I do not follow rugby and only knew since I recognised the bald lad from talk shows, so he would be used to being in front of the camera, if I did not recognise him the woman made me certain they were not actors!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

IKEA with Roy orbison singing. Best advert ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,287 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

These rugby ads are awful for the most part. Why are so many bad ads made about this sport and other sports of late? :confused:

They're good at the sports, not acting.
    Every second ad has rugby crowbarred in, even that gob****e Deirdre O Kane is at it now in that series of toe curling radio ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

I hate her sounds like a drunken housewife at a wedding that's getting control and being lechorous

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

I'd love to give that "nice ghost" an allmercifull kick in the hole

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Who ya gonna call?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Who ya gonna call?
    No need to call anyone I'd do it mesel if the opportunity arose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,131 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Except it'd just look like you're kicking at air. Exorcism, that's the solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

bill murray and the lads! i love that movie and bill murray i can smell new york in the 80s!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

He has one very punchable face.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Is she supposed to fancy him? Her reaction is totally over the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

I'm your Venuuuuuuuuuuuiiiiiiiiiiiiis. Another in a long line of strangled versions of otherwise decent songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I've just seen an ad for Easolief (painkiller ). Sweet jebis! The set up and acting was so bad I am seriously considering nipping out to the late opening pharmacy and asking for some to dull the pain.

A storage story brought to you by Nesta!
    Either ad. Radio gets turned off. Has taken over for me from the We Tint baby guard windows.
    "The missus wants the little man protected."
    "She's DEAD RIGHT,"
    "Yeh."

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sitkaspruce

Smyths - If I were a Toy ad.

Nauseous stuff.

Yer woman in the bank ad with the sledgehammer wrecking the kitchen presses. What's the point?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

This softly spoken poetry ads

Since people went on boards to complain about ads
    As long as bull**** ads existed

Advertisement