Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,010 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

fricatus wrote: »
    “We’ll look after your funeral expenses...”

Personally, I don’t give a fcuk about my funeral expenses. They will be paid out of my estate. Lousy in the extreme to try and convince people that this is something they should worry about. :mad:

In fairness, if you're watching daytime TV, you probably don't have 'an estate'. You probably don't have anything, beyond the 15 year old Almera estate out the front. I did see a real life scenario of a woman in the UK who took out 'loads of loans', presumably amounts of £200 to £1000 from bunch of payday lenders at atmospheric APR rates to pay for her son's £5k funeral. She's living off noodles and letting her utility bills pile up while she pays off the funeral.

So there may well be a need for such insurance. We have to find ways of doing this for much lower cost.

So

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Elmo wrote: »
    This softly spoken poetry ads

Since people went on boards to complain about ads
    As long as bull**** ads existed

In a breathey voice
    With poor articulation
    We will be driving you.......insane

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Dickie10 wrote: »
    I hate her sounds like a drunken housewife at a wedding that's getting control and being lechorous

In fairness, she sounds like Sue-Ellen from Dallas.....after she has been at the vodka for a few hours :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

madmaggie wrote: »
    Yer woman in the bank ad with the sledgehammer wrecking the kitchen presses. What's the point?

In the full ad she hits the door with the hammer and the door nearly clocks her on the skull. They've since cut that bit out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

On the other side, the campaign "Men, we are with you" from Prostate Cancer UK is just so beautifully done.

• Advertisement

I hate that BOI ad where the older lady stalls the car and the instructor rolls his eyes, don't be a driving instructor if you hate incompetent drivers then you twit.

But I am hoping someone can help me here, pause that ad where the lady stalls the car at the crossroads, and also in the aforementioned ad were the woman is smashing up the kitchen, there is a lady looking at a bungalow with the same hill in the background. This hill has me going apoplectic. I think it's Giltspur hill (otherwise known as the small Sugarloaf). Wherever it is, I'm sure I know that hill. My husband changes channel when those ads come on to stop me jumping at the telly going "I know that hill!"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Those stupid vodafone rugby ads

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

neris wrote: »

I can just about bear the Vodafone ad as it has a decent tune but that bloody Eir Eimeanator ad, I must have seen it 100+ times at this stage and there is still 4 weeks of the rugby world cup left to go. If I haven't signed up to Eir by the 99th time well the 100th playing of it isn't getting me off the fence either :mad: And nor will the 200th showing by the time this tournament is over, it'll be a cold day in hell before I ever go back to Eir for anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I've just seen an ad for Easolief (painkiller ). Sweet jebis! The set up and acting was so bad I am seriously considering nipping out to the late opening pharmacy and asking for some to dull the pain.

Honestly thought at the start it was an ad for antihistamines....

Another ad I hate is the one for Herbal Essences....because shampooing your hair can make you achieve orgasm...f'sake...

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

neris wrote: »

I now have an irrational hatred for the poor Tongans :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

The ad is soo bad, it makes your eyes water.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Tim76 wrote: »
    I now have an irrational hatred for the poor Tongans :confused:

The whole 'Tongan Haka' bit...

Surprised the 'woke' individuals haven't pulled the 'cultural appropriation' bit at that advert.

That's usually what they do. Never mind it's a woeful advert.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Another ad I hate is the one for Herbal Essences....because shampooing your hair can make you achieve orgasm...f'sake...

At the end of the ad, yer one with the swishy hair smirks at the Kew garden lady with the plain old bobbed hair. "you too could look like me...…."

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

The Easolief ad is terrible. it's like they wrote it as a radio ad and then decided they would film it.

The Easolief ad is terrible. it's like they wrote it as a radio ad and then decided they would film it.

Perhaps that was the aim, to make an ad so bad that everyone would remember it.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Apt8

I'd rather die of carbon monoxide poisoning than listen to that stupid ad.

Apt8 wrote: »
    Even just "ONCE A YEAR".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

Apt8 wrote: »

Hasn't that Ronnie Drew puppet appeared countless times in ads for a lot of products singing rewritten jingles based on Dubliners' songs? Albeit it has got Ronnie confused slightly with Luke Kelly regarding some of the songs!

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

"Sweep the divil from your chimney"

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭pawdee

Any advert (usually with ukulele music) featuring a millennial with a beard like Charles Stewart Parnell's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭earlytobed

Hasn't that Ronnie Drew puppet appeared countless times in ads for a lot of products singing rewritten jingles based on Dubliners' songs? Albeit it has got Ronnie confused slightly with Luke Kelly regarding some of the songs!

Isn't that Paul Woodfull aka Ding Dong Denny(Ding Dong Denny O Reilly and the Hairy Bowsies)

Greatest hits include
    I Spit on the Brits
    The Craic We Had The Day we Died For Ireland
    I.N.L.A (YMCA)
    The Potatoes aren't Looking the Best This Year

I think he was also the main man in The Joshua Trio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

VHI ads. I dislike them all equally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

The lad who does the voiceovers for the Electric Orland ads.. "smorsher"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Nescafe Azera ad - woman in a launderette drying her sandals in a dryer - sound of the sandals make a bit of a repetitive beat, she takes a drink of the cat p1ss and picks up a guitar that was luckily close at hand and strums a few chords to go with the beat, within 5 minutes every w.anker within a two km radius is gyrating around in the launderette like a just castrated monkey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

De Bhál wrote: »
    Nescafe Azera ad - woman in a launderette drying her sandals in a dryer - sound of the sandals make a bit of a repetitive beat, she takes a drink of the cat p1ss and picks up a guitar that was luckily close at hand and strums a few chords to go with the beat, within 5 minutes every w.anker within a two km radius is gyrating around in the launderette like a just castrated monkey

Woman??? I better take another look thought it was a guy :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭De Bhál

my3cents wrote: »
    Woman??? I better take another look thought it was a guy :eek:

you're right, had a look there. it's a man

Yer woman in the Oral B toothpaste and must have gone to the supermarket. They've cut the bit where she squeals about not knowing about that product.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

De Bhál wrote: »
    you're right, had a look there. it's a man

I initially thought it might be one of the group 'Hanson', but reckon they'd all be much older than that now. Tis an annoying ad though.

hansonband56.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

GoMo advert, over and over with that stupid ringtone-like music, 5 or 6 times in every ad break during evening shows like the soaps. :mad:

As if we needed another reason to hate eir! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭its_steve116

The lad who does the voiceovers for the Electric Orland ads.. "smorsher"

My fifth year teacher, who was from Bunratty in Co. Clare said "smorsher". She had the strongest D4 accent I've ever heard in real life and she wasn't even from Leinster.

Advertisement