Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Thargor wrote: »
    The GoMo ads are on another level of annoying and cringe, they're not even being ironic, they actually think they're being down with the kids here, its so horrible and thats before you add in the 3 times per ad break gimmick. The facial expressions, the music, the disgusting nineties clothes...

Worst thing about it is the Gomo deal is the best thing to happen to phone contracts in a decade so they're going to be a massive success and the muppets who came up with this mess will be popping the champagne and patting each other on the backs.

Don't forget to throw in a few mixed race yoofs to make it even cooler.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

Those fupping Rockshore ads really boil my piss! 30 seconds to squeeze in as many cliches as possible. This new one is a head wrecker and is nearly the exact same as as the previous one. Also I'm not sure if summer ads work at this time of year.Arrrggghhhhh! :mad::mad::mad:

New

Old

• Registered Users Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Just seen an advert for Peugeot SUV range.
    I'd love to know the logic behind using Depeche Mode's "Personal Jesus" as the jingle. Unless every time you get behind the wheel you pray for divine assistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 GCIREL

Suckit wrote: »
    It is the season etc..
    But I have just seen the most blood curdling, spine tingling, vomit inducing advert of all time.
    It beats every single advert posted in this and all previous threads, hands down.
    *shudder*..
    Snagtights dot com

Run for your lives, it's coming to a tv near you..

It's horrendous isn't it. Fantastic they found tights for plus size delighted for them but my god the ad is vile and their website (I bloody visited it) is worse! Chub rub tights is a section FML

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The Mini ad on some of the UK stations. Four long lanky people, plus their stuff, all fit happily into a Mini.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Top 3 at the moment

1. GoMo ad is clearly the winner.
    2. D4 Electric Ireland/Bord Gais Energy
    3. Be the Bad Guy from Healthy Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Elmo wrote: »
    Top 3 at the moment

1. GoMo ad is clearly the winner.
    2. D4 Electric Ireland/Bord Gais Energy
    3. Be the Bad Guy from Healthy Ireland

As part of the GoMo rolling contract you have to change your ringtone to their jingle so expect to be hearing a lot more of it around the place in the coming weeks :P

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

Those fupping Rockshore ads really boil my piss! 30 seconds to squeeze in as many cliches as possible. This new one is a head wrecker and is nearly the exact same as as the previous one. Also I'm not sure if summer ads work at this time of year.Arrrggghhhhh! :mad::mad::mad:

New

Old

Diageo Employee 1: "what are we going to with all these Budweiser kegs now that nobody drinks it anymore?"

Diageo Employee 2: "Lets rebrand it as Rockshore and distract everyone by talking about the west even although it has nothing to do with it"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

I thought they weren't allowed to show young people having a laugh while drinking alcohol in ads anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,380 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The Spar Christmas ad and we've only just started November. All retailers are disgusting, Tesco had Christmas products on their shelves at the end of August. FO!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭ofcork

That permanent tsb ad with the couple looking pensively at the laptop in the cafe?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

"a little bit of wee is not going to stop me being me" TMI please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭its_steve116

sligeach wrote: »
    The Spar Christmas ad and we've only just started November. All retailers are disgusting, Tesco had Christmas products on their shelves at the end of August. FO!

Is Karen "BESH OI DIDN'T" Koster in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

...12.45..frunt room.....aghhhhh:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

"a little bit of wee is not going to stop me being me" TMI please

I came here to post that. What is with the plethora of urinary incontinence wear ads at the moment? And why do they only feature women? I'm starting to think there's something wrong with me because I don't have this problem. Am I supposed to wet myself when I laugh? Should I see a Dr about my worryingly impressive bladder control?

When faecal incontinence is no longer taboo will we have similar ads with 'Don't let a little bit of poo stop you doing what you do' tag lines?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭horseofstone

That skoda advert with yer wan looking up at the sunroof and yer man is spread out over the roof and bonnet trying to take her picture real grinds my gears. What are they trying to prove ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

That skoda advert with yer wan looking up at the sunroof and yer man is spread out over the roof and bonnet trying to take her picture real grinds my gears. What are they trying to prove ?
    Ah no that's a bita craic imo

• Registered Users Posts: 13,131 ✭✭✭✭flazio

At least they are making Irish ads for Irish TV, unlike most other car companies who just put an English dub over people driving left-hand drive cars.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I like that they're taking the piss out of those Instagram types, much worse ads out there.

I like that Spar Christmas but can you feck off for a few weeks, it's nearly time for people to start losing their minds over whatever sentimental drivel John Lewis spew out this year :(

Claudia f***ing Winkleman and her wig-like Black main! Give me strength :mad:

• Advertisement

That ad for Guinness with those hideous gap toothed Chinese hags wallowing in mud. It would put me off Guinness, Chinese women, and rugby for the rest of my life

But its a victory for wimmins the world over :rolleyes: They can play rugby too. Yipee! I mean who wants to live in a world where the opposite sex look like the opposite sex when they can all look like Quasimodo and strike a blow against the Patriarchy? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I came here to post that. What is with the plethora of urinary incontinence wear ads at the moment? And why do they only feature women? I'm starting to think there's something wrong with me because I don't have this problem. Am I supposed to wet myself when I laugh? Should I see a Dr about my worryingly impressive bladder control?

When faecal incontinence is no longer taboo will we have similar ads with 'Don't let a little bit of poo stop you doing what you do' tag lines?

Oh the ad were she a comedian so it’s a obviously a problem :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Tbf, they've already started advertising haemhorroid cream. And there's diaper adverts, which mostly have baby poo and pee.

We're going to get adverts about poop, pretty soon. I guarantee we'll have stuff about colostomy bags or similar.

It's all about 'diversity' in advertising now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Tbf, they've already started advertising haemhorroid cream. And there's diaper adverts, which mostly have baby poo and pee.

We're going to get adverts about poop, pretty soon. I guarantee we'll have stuff about colostomy bags or similar.

It's all about 'diversity' in advertising now.

'Already' advertising haemorrhoid cream? There was an infamous ad for a product called Preparation H back in the 80s.It featured a middle aged couple dancing at an evening function when he frowns and starts rubbing his head. "What is it honey, ? Your haemorrhoids? " He nods, grimmly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Billy Connolly did a bit about it in his shows, but I think it was further back, in the 70s!

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Claudia f***ing Winkleman and her wig-like Black main! Give me strength :mad:

Claudia Winkleman is an annoying personality vacuum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Any ad for Kildare 'Village'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

The new christmas Lidl ad. It's excruciating absolutely brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

I do like the one for Canestan (thrush cream) and I'm never too sure are they aware of the tag line...'You'll be feeling yourself again'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

The new christmas Lidl ad. It's excruciating absolutely brutal.

It reminds me of the Sprite advert from years back. But that was parodying the bullcrap 'mascot' marketing.

The Lidl one is painful.

Advertisement