Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The new christmas Lidl ad. It's excruciating absolutely brutal.
    I came in here to post that, its absolutely horrific and it goes on forever :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I really hate everything about that lidl Christmas ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

lertsnim wrote: »
    I really hate everything about that lidl Christmas ad.

Is that bell end off Dublin Murders in that ad? How the hell did a guy who looks like him get a Christmas ad?? Annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

The mother sounds like a demented lunatic "Look kids the elves are here". The father is a complete knob shouting No! at "the kids" while the poor elves sound like they are on acid endlessly repeating HAPPY CHRISTMAS. I'll be gone mental if this along with the GoMo ad keeps going until after Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Oh my God the Lidl ad!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I thought the Lidl ads couldn't get any worse
    ..... and then they produced a Christmas ad on a budget of the price of a 9 pack Lidl toilet paper

Please stop it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Tim76 wrote: »
    Claudia Winkleman is an annoying personality vacuum

Everyone mentions her hair but for me it's her eyes. She has really weird, scary eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Everyone mentions her hair but for me it's her eyes. She has really weird, scary eyes.
    That's by design. I saw a pic of her without makeup and genuinely had no idea who it was.
    Here it is
    and here is another

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KM792

I don't know if it's been mentioned here but the ad for the Auralia Clinic that was shown recently..
    Creepy as f**k...
    Especially when they all slowly approach the camera smiling..very Stepford wife.
    Looked at the clinic online there ..still seems a bit creepy?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭donegal_man

The Aldi Christmas ad. As if the sentient carrots weren't bad enough now we have militant Brussels sprouts. My little lass was upset last year at the thought of Kevin being chopped up and boiled how she'll cope with this is beyond me. She's already pretty off meat so having her empathise with vegetables is the last thing we need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Robbie Williams singing on the Aldi ad, please make it stop.

madmaggie wrote: »
    Robbie Williams singing on the Aldi ad, please make it stop.

Is it Robbie? Was listening and not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Ah cripes...

Has everyone become Scrooges when it comes to Kevin the carrot? He's not real, and if someone's child is upset by a cartoon carrot-make them watch Stephen King's IT...

Triggered by a carrot... for the love of God. I've heard it all now.

And yes, that is Robbie Williams singing.

https://www.98fm.com/tv/kevin-carrot-faces-leavy-blinders-2019-aldi-christmas-ad-921943

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

Ah cripes...

Has everyone become Scrooges when it comes to Kevin the carrot? He's not real, and if someone's child is upset by a cartoon carrot-make them watch Stephen King's IT...

One of the first "Kevin the carrot" ads years ago had Kevin running across a Christmas dinner table and seeing a part of another carrot in a roast. It had a little face and was blinking at him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4rX8OG4APQ

So obviously the carrots don't die when they get chopped up and cooked, they just enter another kind of living Hell until they are eaten. So if the kid is worried about the carrots, just show them this ad and they'll see that Kevin and his friends are all OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Ah cripes...

And yes, that is Robbie Williams singing.

https://www.98fm.com/tv/kevin-carrot-faces-leavy-blinders-2019-aldi-christmas-ad-921943

Thanks for having a go at my autistic eight year old daughter. How full of Christmas spirit you are!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

Thanks for having a go at my autistic eight year old daughter. How full of Christmas spirit you are!

Fairly sure Rabble was not doing that, and fairly sure you know that! - As for carrots at Christmas, they are the lucky ones, fulfilling their destiny by being eaten (alive) on such a joyous day! Nom-a-nom.

Happy Christmas Donegal Lad and your wee girl (My 1st Happy Xmas salutation this year and waaay too early!)

That jaysis-tonight Skoda ad with yer man and the dogs in the back. Don't think it's the actor, he's annoying but does OK with it. I think it's just the ad, so stupid, why would it make you want the car? The actor, I think I know him from something else but not sure what? That character though, could deffo do with a quick slap!
    :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭CoBo55

That jaysis-tonight Skoda ad with yer man and the dogs in the back. Don't think it's the actor, he's annoying but does OK with it. I think it's just the ad, so stupid, why would it make you want the car? The actor, I think I know him from something else but not sure what? That character though, could deffo do with a quick slap!

I kinda like that Ad... It's better than that stupid one with the builders getting latte's.

CoBo55 wrote: »
    I kinda like that Ad... It's better than that stupid one with the builders getting latte's.

Meh, yeah ok, not by much tho!

Edit - I watched a few more Skoda ads, dreadful shoite alltogether

They have a radio advert as well with a load of kids with stupid names getting into the car, 7 kids or something "for the modern Irish family". Wouldn't that have very much been the old Irish family? I haven't seen very many 'modern' Irish families with 7 kids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Pythagorean

That ad where a really irritating woman with a loud voice and a Lancashire accent comes in with a paper bag and shouts " DELIVEROOOOO", and then proceeds to pull the fast food orders out. "HERES YA CHICKEN NOOOGETS" , HEAHSYAWAGAMAMA", HEAAEAHSYABUHHHGER, ETC, before she squeals "OOOOH" and then dives headfirst into the bag. Vile in the extreme.

Suckit wrote: »
    They have a radio advert as well with a load of kids with stupid names getting into the car, 7 kids or something "for the modern Irish family". Wouldn't that have very much been the old Irish family? I haven't seen very many 'modern' Irish families with 7 kids.

You've mammy's two kids for different fellas, daddy's three for three different mammies and the twins they had together... A bit of a change from daddy the taycher and mammy at home spittin out babbys piling into the Morris Minor to go to the seaside..

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭CK22

I see spar have the same boring Christmas ad that they’ve gone with for the best part of 10 years. I know we like to give out about the likes of Aldi and Lidl ads, or anything else cringy, but the reason for an ad is to get people talking. Spar clearly don’t have much ambition if they are still showing us that ad. Speaking of Robbie Williams, hopefully that boots ad where the daughter is singing about her mum doesn’t return this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

CK22 wrote: »
    hopefully that boots ad where the daughter is singing about her mum doesn’t return this year.

Boots sent me an email giving me an 'exclusive preview' of their Christmas ad.

I'm wondering if I've ever seen a worse Christmas ad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1toLRdc_5Y&feature=youtu.be

Yep, definitely the absolute worst ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭useless

Has GoMo been mentioned yet? Every one of the primary-coloured “cool” characters raises my blood pressure. And don’t get me started on the music.

I know I’m not the target demographic but this looks like an ad made by a 50-something accountant to appeal to the “cool kids”. And fails. Miserably.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

useless wrote: »
    Has GoMo been mentioned yet? Every one of the primary-coloured “cool” characters raises my blood pressure. And don’t get me started on the music.

I know I’m not the target demographic but this looks like an ad made by a 50-something accountant to appeal to the “cool kids”. And fails. Miserably.

It's like something out of the 90's I think anyway.

For some strange and unknown reason it reminds me of this from Fr. Ted.

:eek: That is terrible

Who signed off on that...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Terrible stuff that Boots ad, theyre going to get slated for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Jesus that's awful sh*te.

Advertisement