Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

The Boots one!!

So weirdly stylized, not funny, and a bit confusing. Everything about it feels off.

Even a typical "pull on your heart strings" Christmas ad would've been better

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Cannot stand most Guinness ads, but this is horrible..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭Archeron

I just saw an ad for Spotlight toothpaste and am not sure if I imagined it. What the f#ck?? Who came up with the view from inside somebody elses mouth, with teeth!?

Both Amazon ads are absolutely shockingly shíte (the singing boxes and the factory tours ad)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

That ad where a really irritating woman with a loud voice and a Lancashire accent comes in with a paper bag and shouts " DELIVEROOOOO", and then proceeds to pull the fast food orders out. "HERES YA CHICKEN NOOOGETS" , HEAHSYAWAGAMAMA", HEAAEAHSYABUHHHGER, ETC, before she squeals "OOOOH" and then dives headfirst into the bag. Vile in the extreme.

Yes. And you cannot help hoping that she never reappears out of the bag!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Yes. And you cannot help hoping that she never reappears out of the bag!

Think she reappears in Coronation Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Suckit wrote: »
    :eek: That is terrible

Who signed off on that...

Sweet divine that boots ad is

SHOCKINGLY bad

That’s them boycotted for the Christmas anyway

Thanks boots yiz pack of gowls

Worst Christmas ad ever. Woeful sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

tedpan wrote: »
    Cannot stand most Guinness ads, but this is horrible..

The previous ad with the two Welsh fellas had a closeup of someone with horrible teeth as well. Is this going to be a theme?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Cath54

Has anyone mentioned that aldi ad with the granny sticking her fingers into the jar of jam (or is it honey?) and licking them. Ugh! She turns my stomach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

this is advert of skeletor and heman dancing in dirty dancing inapporiate because these characters are from kids tv series and skeletor is heman's uncle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That Lidl ad is something else, its just so wrong I cant look away when it comes on*, the pacing is so... off. The mother looks absolutely deranged aswell, her eyes are literally bugging out of her head, even in Lidl before the elves appear she looks like she snorted a few lines before going out shopping.

*"Hurr durr thats the point they got you to pay attention..."

No. Its Lidl ffs, if I need something in there Ill go in and get it, its like Irish Water or the ESB spending a fortune trying to get my attention, why bother? A simple ad knocked up on someones laptop every week showing the weekly specials would be vastly more useful and likely to attract me into the shop every week than this 5 minute horror show every ad break.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Any ad this week mentioning climate change.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

Thargor wrote: »
    ...its like Irish Water or the ESB spending a fortune trying to get my attention, why bother? A simple ad knocked up on someones laptop every week showing the weekly specials would be vastly more useful and likely to attract me into the shop every week than this 5 minute horror show every ad break.

I know it's off topic, but why does Youtube need to advertise itself so much on Youtube? It only puts me off watching the videos. On Youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Dunne stores are recycling their Christmas ad from last year. Cheap p*icks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Archeron wrote: »
    I just saw an ad for Spotlight toothpaste and am not sure if I imagined it. What the f#ck?? Who came up with the view from inside somebody elses mouth, with teeth!?

yeah but the two blonde dentists, hubba, hubba
    Boots sent me an email giving me an 'exclusive preview' of their Christmas ad.

I'm wondering if I've ever seen a worse Christmas ad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1toLRdc_5Y&feature=youtu.be

Have watched it a second time now and I just cant fathom how highly paid marketing and advertising execs got that past the Boots management and focus groups and test audiences without anyone saying it is pure sh1te. There is nothing Christmas about their Christmas ad at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Am I going nuts? I have heard this at least 5 or 6 times now.
    But...
    Is anyone hearing anything odd in the smyths advert?

Ahhhhhh.... I decided to post the advert here and searched for it. It seems I am not alone. I was always hearing it in the background. I'll let anyone that hasn't heard/seen the advert decide.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Any ad this week mentioning climate change.

Yep-'Seasons Greetings-WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE BECAUSE OF CLIMATE CHANGE!!!!'

You have to wonder what goes thru these people's minds at times.

The average Joe Soap, or Joan Doe on the street is not going to solve the climate change problem.

You have to get the major polluting industries to do something-not any of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

Suckit wrote: »
    Am I going nuts? I have heard this at least 5 or 6 times now.
    But...
    Is anyone hearing anything odd in the smyths advert?

Ahhhhhh.... I decided to post the advert here and searched for it. It seems I am not alone. I was always hearing it in the background. I'll let anyone that hasn't heard/seen the advert decide.:D

What's odd about it? I don't have great hearing myself, so I don't expect to pick it up against the music. I have heard it about a hundred times so far, and can't really identify anything weird, but I definitely wasn't paying attention.

What's odd about it? I don't have great hearing myself, so I don't expect to pick it up against the music. I have heard it about a hundred times so far, and can't really identify anything weird, but I definitely wasn't paying attention.
    https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/showbiz-tv/smyths-toys-customers-convinced-2019-17247495 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Jesus Smyth's are really pushing the notion that children really want a toy llama for Christmas - every pop up, the tv ad, list of top toys for 2019. Guaranteed there'll be a llama for everyone in the audience on 29th November

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

Archeron wrote: »

I saw this for the first time last night and had the same reaction as you, what the actual **** is going on it?. Your man in the chair looks like he is about to be tortured when it zooms in on his terrified face with the thing in his mouth. Then at the end of the advert, his eyes roll back in his head with the camera on him, like he's just been given a happy ending with his tooth cleaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭trashcan

Kevin the Carrott. Let Me entertain you ? No, Fook off.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,286 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

optogirl wrote: »
    Jesus Smyth's are really pushing the notion that children really want a toy llama for Christmas - every pop up, the tv ad, list of top toys for 2019. Guaranteed there'll be a llama for everyone in the audience on 29th November

Llamas are this year's unicorns.

Smyth's are selling a llama, that twerks.
    Just think about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

There's an annoying advert for a show on the RTE player about 'going green'.

It features Nadia Forde spouting the line 'I'm walking around with a bag full of poo'... it's baby poo, btw. She had a kid and is using that to try and get another 15 minutes of fame.

I was eating breakfast when they showed that bloody advert 5 times this morning... just trashy and disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,286 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

That Lidl ad with bargain bucket 2 dimensional elves with their repetitive Happy Xmas shyte.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

That Lidl ad with bargain bucket 2 dimensional elves with their repetitive Happy Xmas shyte.

What annoys me about that as is the old 'men are eejits' carry on.

moochies dot com. The name, the product, the price and the advert :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

optogirl wrote: »

Cue abandoned lamas running around housing estates in 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

" . . . I'd mawster the fart blawster for sure . . ."

People thought he was saying "master the fat bastard . . ." - he is holding a Fart Blaster - parp!

• Advertisement

But they thought he was calling Pikachu a fat b@stard... A Pokemon master... This is the best news story I've read today.

Advertisement