Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

Isn't it about time M&Ms make a new ad? They're making their money's worth out of Scott and his being home early

• Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

They've got the perfect update.

The vodafone ad with that clown Bannon. The woman looking on with pride as her very wooden smug little f**ker of a son tells the fridge that it needs more cheese :rolleyes:

Demonique wrote: »
    Isn't it about time M&Ms make a new ad? They're making their money's worth out of Scott and his being home early

Scotts wife is a tasty number ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The Vodafone ad, who eats a whole plate of cheese in one go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

madmaggie wrote: »
    The Vodafone ad, who eats a whole plate of cheese in one go?

"Mum, where's the cheese", I think that question is now answered, the Ma has been scoffin' it all the time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

The vodafone ad with that clown Bannon. The woman looking on with pride as her very wooden smug little f**ker of a son tells the fridge that it needs more cheese :rolleyes:

"Ordering.....2000 slices of cheese"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

"Mum, where's the cheese", I think that question is now answered, the Ma has been scoffin' it all the time!

Well somebody's Afshure eashing ish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

"Ordering.....2000 slices of cheese"

Knowing Dermot it'll be the wrong cheese and twice the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭lertsnim

McDonald's reindeer treats ad purely because of the **** dubbing job they did on it.

• Advertisement

madmaggie wrote: »
    Knowing Dermot it'll be the wrong cheese and twice the price.

And full of glass ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

And full of glass ;)

But spacious.... spacious cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

lertsnim wrote: »
    McDonald's reindeer treats ad purely because of the **** dubbing job they did on it.

Surely with the tech we have in this day and age they can make a better attempt at dubbing. Shocking stuff for a major corporation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Every christmas ad containing a"perfect" family in a "perfect" home with "perfect" kids ..........:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Every christmas ad containing a"perfect" family in a "perfect" home with "perfect" kids ..........:rolleyes:

Blame John Lewis for this. They had a simple formula and now every shop is ripping them off.

Tim76 wrote: »
    Surely with the tech we have in this day and age they can make a better attempt at dubbing. Shocking stuff for a major corporation.

https://www.smoothradio.com/features/christmas/mcdonalds-christmas-advert-2019-archie-video/

That's because some idiot thought it was intelligent to dub the advert with Irish accents.

You don't need to localize everything-when will companies learn that?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

https://www.smoothradio.com/features/christmas/mcdonalds-christmas-advert-2019-archie-video/

That's because some idiot thought it was intelligent to dub the advert with Irish accents.

I agree unnecessary, but also its an animation so the dubbing shouldn’t be noticed on the Irish accent version.

Elmo wrote: »
    I agree unnecessary, but also its an animation so the dubbing shouldn’t be noticed on the Irish accent version.

Yes it should. Animation is often done where the voices are recorded first, then the animation is done.

When you go and dub a new voice over the animation, it's going to be noticable. Because that's not the audio that the animation was originally animated to. Animation is all about capturing a performance.

It's especially noticable when it cuts back to live action-and the actors are badly dubbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

The Quote Devil can eff off with his one hell of a quote.

They are frustratingly bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Elmo wrote: »

It's not an animation at the end of the ad and that's where the awful dubbing is noticable.

lertsnim wrote: »
    It's not an animation at the end of the ad and that's where the awful dubbing is noticable.

TBH when I click on the linked to see the English version I'd stopped watching, it looked horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

The horrible Boots advert posted a page or so back is also dubbed. Here is the UK version.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVmxzBTKd3M

I find the Lidl christmas ad very strange. It's disjointed and all over the place. Compared to Aldi's Kevin the carrot, it really feels like Lidl is the cheap version of Aldi. I know its not, but the ad is just weird.

Lidl is the cheap version of Aldi.

This is how I view Lidl!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Every time I see their website spelled out on an ad, I read it as Quoted Evil

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I find the Lidl christmas ad very strange. It's disjointed and all over the place. Compared to Aldi's Kevin the carrot, it really feels like Lidl is the cheap version of Aldi. I know its not, but the ad is just weird.

I think you need to be tripping to get the Lidl ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭newbie11

The Amazon ad is tiresome already, hoping against hope that it's just until black Friday but it's probably there till January

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

:mad:

• Advertisement

:mad:

]

That brat is in Fair City.... jesus, that advert's so bloody cheap looking too.

And the chest with 'Uncle Gaybo' written on it....why would a family have a treasure chest with 'Uncle Gaybo' written on it?

It's morbid as hell.

Advertisement