Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,284 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

trashcan wrote: »
    All of those Kevin the Carrott ads are bizarre and strange if you ask me. I hate. The way Aldi are trying to make it a "thing ". They've even got Kevin the Carrott stuffed toys in their shops for Chrissakes.

What kind of kid wants a stuffed carrot for godsakes?

AngryLoner wrote: »
    Yeah I know it’s been mentioned many times before but...
    “Don’t forget to switch off the lights”.

I’ll switch you off, ya smug pr**k!

Doesn't that line date back to the early 90s when Christmas lights used to go on fire for sport? It annoys me if for no other reason it's completely outdated!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,077 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Doesn't that line date back to the early 90s when Christmas lights used to go on fire for sport? It annoys me if for no other reason it's completely outdated!

Don't be wasting de letrick...

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

A vegan kid?

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

• Advertisement

Tim76 wrote: »
    A vegan kid?

Loads of kids have stuffed bears, it's not like they're ever going to eat a real bear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭Acosta

Elmo wrote: »
    Not sure if Meteor's Beardy McBeard face should return, with 3's and Vodafone's I miss you ads

I thought Beardy was the Vodafone ad? The smarmy bollocks

I know Guinness would have thought they would get 20 or so years out of that ad but I doubt when they made it they would have thought it would be on in November

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Munsterman12

That domino's FOMO ad. Shut up you nerd

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Bic have a new advert saying most lighters don't pass EU safety tests. I've seen the add about 6-7 times tonight alone.

I don't have a problem with the ad per se, but, I'm just wondering how many extra lighters they will have to sell over christmas to break even on the adverts.

saw a thing a few years ago on bic and they are one of the most forged/counter fit black market copied companies in the world and can loose some serious money on copied lighters and pens. They have a huge black market of their stuff in Africa

Ibris Elba just fcuk off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭trashcan

Acosta wrote: »
    Ibris Elba just fcuk off!

Undoing his great work on the Wire a little bit more with every Sky ad. Mind you, he's still got credit in the bank for it as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Loads of kids have stuffed bears, it's not like they're ever going to eat a real bear.

More than likely they'll get eaten by a real bear.
    Undoing his great work on the Wire a little bit more with every Sky ad. Mind you, he's still got credit in the bank for it as far as I'm concerned.

Once the CATS movie comes out, I have to wonder if his cred will survive.

Film looks like a trainwreck, tbh.

Stringer Bell was always anxious to move product to be fair :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,898 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Why are Porsche running ads on Sky News? It's every 15 minutes & only applies to people who have a hundred, thousand euro lying around.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

The fella bringing a rusty biscuit tin full of shyte to Berlin is back.

And the grumpy Ma...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,229 ✭✭✭plodder

CoBo55 wrote: »
    And the grumpy Ma...
    "we export all our best stuff" - not so sure in this case

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

not sure where Kerrygold get the notion that Irish mothers are all hatchet faced scowlers who begrudge their children a bit of adventure or happiness. Horse to France & Irish Soil both show a glowering oul trout dampening the romantic spirits of the younger folk around them.

optogirl wrote: »
    not sure where Kerrygold get the notion that Irish mothers are all hatchet faced scowlers who begrudge their children a bit of adventure or happiness. Horse to France & Irish Soil both show a glowering oul trout dampening the romantic spirits of the younger folk around them.

Maybe they like the misery?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

I heard he flung thoul biscuit tin and contents out the window when the train was approaching tullamore

• Advertisement

I'm tired of seeing UK advertisements that overrepresent "minorities".

In principle it's great but it feels like a very rare thing to see a functional family with two white parents on British TV these days.

Before anyone foams at the mouth, all I mean is maybe they could tone it down a little bit.

In principle it's great but it feels like a very rare thing to see a functional family with two white parents on British TV these days.

Before anyone foams at the mouth, all I mean is maybe they could tone it down a little bit.

"Blended family" is all the rage nowadays..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

CoBo55 wrote: »
    And the grumpy Ma...

That is a Mammy, not a Ma!

Sardonicat wrote: »
    That is a Mammy, not a Ma!

Sorry Mammy...

optogirl wrote: »

That ad's over 20 years old, I know climate crisis and 'we have no future cos of global warming' is all the rage now, but will recycling and advert 'really' help?

Really?

Also, do the actors still get residuals? I'm assuming one or two are probably dead.

Take it easy there, Gemma.

Acosta wrote: »
    Take it easy there, Gemma.

Ah now...no need to say stuff ya' can't take back. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭trashcan

Stringer Bell was always anxious to move product to be fair :D

True dat. "Is you taking notes on a criminal conspiracy mufuccaa ?"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

SNNUS wrote: »
    The Lidl ad is the most annoying ad at the moment with the least convincing family ever.
    It affects me worse than any other ad mentioned in these threads since the beginning (Reading the op I barely remember anything it mentions but it was 2003!), its the worst thing on tv atm, its just so off in a weird indefinable way, I cant wait for Christmas to be over when I see it tbh.

• Advertisement

True dat. "Is you taking notes on a criminal conspiracy mufuccaa ?"

'Do the chair know we gonna look like some punk ass bitches out there?!'

Advertisement