Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Farewell Lidl ad, it's been emotional. Emotions of hate mind, but emotional nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Ryanair.....the single mother airline...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,127 ✭✭✭✭flazio

The woke airline since they insist on cramming every seat and buying from an airline manufacturer with dangerous planes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

flazio wrote: »
    The woke airline since they insist on cramming every seat and buying from an airline manufacturer with dangerous planes.

Don't want to drag things off-topic, but that is a cheap shot. Ryanair are not responsible for Boeing neglecting its safety culture. Yes they're cattle-class, but Michael O'Leary and Ryanair generally have never allowed corners to be cut on safety. In his own words: "You think safety is expensive? Try an accident!"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,127 ✭✭✭✭flazio

OK maybe the safety thing is out of order, but the recent adverts where they claim to be the best airline for the environment in Europe is a laughable attempt to save themselves from staycations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,006 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

fricatus wrote: »
    Don't want to drag things off-topic, but that is a cheap shot. Ryanair are not responsible for Boeing neglecting its safety culture.

When you go out to spend hundreds of millions of euros on products like airplanes, it is not unreasonable to expect that you will include tender criteria around safety culture, and you will validate responses during procurement.

So yes, Ryanair ARE responsible for ensuring that their supplier has adequate safety culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

That fcukin Centreparcs ad is back with that insufferable kid. :mad:

At least the Suzuki Vitara ad seems to have fcuked off.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

That fcukin Centreparcs ad is back with that insufferable kid. :mad:

At least the Suzuki Vitara ad seems to have fcuked off.
    That Centreparcs ad does my fuppin head in, that little bollix is an irritating little siht.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,075 ✭✭✭CoBo55

That bloody three as is back again...

And yet another dreadful gigabox Vodafone ad is here to drive us completely insane..

That Electric Ireland ad...seriously..every light on in every house/ shop/business in the whole country..not very environmentally friendly....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭Acosta

Any Bord Bia ad. Makes me want to give up meat. Eat some vegetables ya beardy smug bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

The ad with the couple from Cavan is absolutely brutal and is on constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

"I haven't eaten meat in - three - years'

Now don't get me wrong. I've been vegetarian in the past. My partner has been a vegetarian for decades. If you can do it or vegenaism more power to you. But I want to punch everyone in this ad in the face, especially the "three years" Karen. .

Sardonicat wrote: »

Now don't get me wrong. I've been vegetarian in the past. My partner has been a vegetarian for decades. If you can do it or vegenaism more power to you. But I want to punch everyone in this ad in the face, especially the "three years" Karen. .

Sorry for your loss..........:P

Sorry for your loss..........:P

There's nowt wrong with Mr Sardi, I promise you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

So this isn’t one particular add but more so a trend. The letter T being done away with so ads can for some reason sound more America.

- 3. All you can eat “dayda”

- Bord Bia. Something about making the chicken “bedder”

- Electric Ireland making the country “brider”

And they all need to be said in these wistful, airy fairy manners apparently.

Can’t stand it

MrKingsley wrote: »
    So this isn’t one particular add but more so a trend. The letter T being done away with so ads can for some reason sound more America.

- 3. All you can eat “dayda”

- Electric Ireland making the country “brider”

And they all need to be said in these wistful, airy fairy manners apparently.

Can’t stand it

Oh yes, the breathy voice. They need to puff their inhalers. That will make them sound bedda

• Registered Users Posts: 9,768 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Subway can stick their meat free ad up their arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,497 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Elmo wrote: »
    maltesers add with the nurses. If they had them doing something else on other ads, but it seems a constantly repeated one.

Yeah it's the kind of ad that wouldn't bother me the first ten times I saw it but seems to be on heavy rotation for years at this stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Elmo wrote: »
    maltesers add with the nurses. If they had them doing something else on other ads, but it seems a constantly repeated one.

how offensive - they're female doctors :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Re: the Maltesers ad, am I the ONLY one that hears "You know your Gran's KNICKERS you left at mine?"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Re: the Maltesers ad, am I the ONLY one that hears "You know your Gran's KNICKERS you left at mine?"

Nope- I heard that too. I kept hearing it as Knickers, until I realised it was 'necklace'.

The whole 'beads' falling all over the place thing made me think 'was granny stripper'?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

MrKingsley wrote: »

The way the dude pronounces pork annoys the shyte out of me too! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Sardonicat wrote: »

To recreate the over-processed subway meats without meat wouldn’t be all that difficult. If your vegan or a vegetarian don’t eat in Subway, if your an Omnivore don’t eat in subway or less you like end trails mashed in to a meatball.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Trivago ads in general that woman is a smug fcuk

The way the dude pronounces pork annoys the shyte out of me too! :p

It was the way he said haaaaaam that annoyed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

That Lloyds Pharmacy ad with the incredibly annoying idiots is back.:mad:

No! My husband actually thought it was knickers, he didn't seem to find it strange that the girl would inherit knickers off her old gran.

washiskin wrote: »
    That Lloyds Pharmacy ad with the incredibly annoying idiots is back.:mad:

This is the one I literally hate the most.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,497 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

No! My husband actually thought it was knickers, he didn't seem to find it strange that the girl would inherit knickers off her old gran.

Well I suppose the 'Just a snog' bit gives the ad a saucy vibe so if you're not listening too closely you might assume...

Advertisement