Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Apt8

The Lidl Cavan couple:

https://youtu.be/h8fITzlPgA0

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭psycho93

that Vodafone/Franhipanne headwrecker aaaaaggggggghhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭winter2019

Apt8 wrote: »
    The Lidl Cavan couple:

https://youtu.be/h8fITzlPgA0

Can’t stand that ad. Have to mute it every time it comes on. Which is every bloody ad break at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

Tim76 wrote: »
    In all honesty though, what's the point of having these ads if you've got seat belt alarms? The numbers of cars without them must be pretty low on the roads these days.

There's not a bellend in the world that won't put on his seat belt with one of those alarms annoying everybody else in the car.

Must be a whole lot of bellends about then. Ever look inside a contractors van outside a Spar or a Centra at breakfast time. There`s a lot of seatbelts fastened across the back of the seat...........................

In all honesty though, what's the point of having these ads if you've got seat belt alarms? The numbers of cars without them must be pretty low on the roads these days.

There's not a bellend in the world that won't put on his seat belt with one of those alarms annoying everybody else in the car.

No car I have ever owned had seatbelt alarms! About 15 years ago I told a friend to put his seatbelt on and he replied "I don't want to". I was pretty gobsmacked tbh that someone would act the bollix over such a simple thing. So yes these ads are still necessary!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭psycho93

simples
    seatbelt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,135 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The ad for hidden hearing with the patronising wife talking about her husbands hearing loss

• Registered Users Posts: 9,768 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Another shout for that Cavan people ad. Absolutely awful.

Pssst... Scott's home early.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

First thing I thought of was the cost, and I work in Marketing. The ad was made by Rothco who I can tell you are by far and away the most expensive Ad Agency in Ireland (whatever about being the best; which they're not shy about proclaiming). I shudder to think of the cost of this campaign before they even spend a cent on buying media.

It sits uncomfortably with me as a consumer that a utility company would spend so much money on an ad campaign when that money could arguably be better used to reduce prices to the end consumer.

Rotcho were also bought out by Accenture Interactive about 2 years ago. They're a pretty major company with roughly 5000 employees, globally.

Electric IReland, who made that advert, are also co-owned by Shell. If Shell take that advert, and 'retool' it, they can very easily reuse the advert in other countries.
    I know a few companies that have done that, in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,075 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Pssst... Scott's home early.

That Ad is so old it was made when TV's had 405 line pictures...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

psycho93 wrote: »
    simples
    seatbelt.jpg

I thought they were just extensions for fat people, like on the plane.....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

For anyone who really likes to revel in these horrors, I reckon this clip has given me more laughs per second than anything else in my life

Only got to watch this yesterday, but Christ that is a funny clip. The bit about the mortgage having a hole in it had me in pain with the laughter! :D

fricatus wrote: »
    Only got to watch this yesterday, but Christ that is a funny clip. The bit about the mortgage having a hole in it had me in pain with the laughter! :D

They did a 'diverse' one about women too. :D

I give him credit for making a Bobby Sands joke-probably went right over UK folks' heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Didn't see anyone mention this advert from Zoopla with Tia and Jake supposedly knocking boots to their hearts content seeing that they don't live with his parents anymore...talk about cringe worthy...

Didn't see anyone mention this advert from Zoopla with Tia and Jake supposedly knocking boots to their hearts content seeing that they don't live with his parents anymore...talk about cringe worthy...

Meh, it's dumb-but not an insult to the intelligence like others are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Nissan Duke ad......the reg number is for a 201 Suzuki Swift......get the guards...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,127 ✭✭✭✭flazio

So, watching last night's Operation Transformation and in one of the ad breaks,
    a TV licence ad showing somebody getting ready to binge watch something with a big bottle of fizzy drink and a Pringles can,
    and, but of course, Did somebody say Just Eat.

flazio wrote: »
    So, watching last night's Operation Transformation and in one of the ad breaks,
    a TV licence ad showing somebody getting ready to binge watch something with a big bottle of fizzy drink and a Pringles can,
    and, but of course, Did somebody say Just Eat.

The ineptness of everything surrounding Operation Transformation cannot be underestimated.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Apt8

They don't actually want people to lose weight or get healthy, because when they do they stop watching these shows.

• Advertisement

Apt8 wrote: »
    They don't actually want people to lose weight or get healthy, because when they do they stop watching these shows.

Same thing as Biggest Loser or Celebrity Rehab... these shows don't change attitudes to food or addiction.

If anything, they further stigmatize the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Same thing as Biggest Loser or Celebrity Rehab... these shows don't change attitudes to food or addiction.

If anything, they further stigmatize the problem.

In fairness to Operation Transformation it is not as much of a competition. It could be more about the health aspects rather then the weight lost. With new research into dieting and exercise. There is a guy on the BBC that does this a Doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,127 ✭✭✭✭flazio

The leaders 6 week weight loss element isn't as central as it used to be, it's more about the initiatives these days like the lighting up of GAA pitches to give people a place to meet up and go for a walk rather than stay cooped up or massaging a pint glass. It's not perfect, it doesn't work for everybody but that doesn't mean it works for nobody and it's heart is still in the right place. I'd rather see the state broadcasters try something rather than shrug and say "it's your funeral"
    But RTÉ are badly undermining it's efforts by running adverts that show people binging on snacks (while reminding us to pay the license fee) and ordering fatty take outs.

That TV license ad makes me want fizzy drinks and crisps a lot more than it makes me want a TV license.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

The promo for Dancing With The Stars with that horrible song. On constant rotation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,768 ✭✭✭lertsnim

"But you're a zombie" "But I'm kinda hot"

If I hear that ad again the television is in danger

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

lertsnim wrote: »
    "But you're a zombie" "But I'm kinda hot"

If I hear that ad again the television is in danger

To be fair, she is kinda hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

THE LIDL ad with the "Reillys from sunny CAAAAAAVAN" . God almighty the bitterness in the womans voice when she says "... its people from Meath that are careful with their money not cavan" Why are Cavan people so bitter towards Meath people , this is not the first time I have noticed this. Major chip on their shoulder.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Dickie10 wrote: »
    THE LIDL ad with the "Reillys from sunny CAAAAAAVAN" . God almighty the bitterness in the womans voice when she says "... its people from Meath that are careful with their money not cavan" Why are Cavan people so bitter towards Meath people , this is not the first time I have noticed this. Major chip on their shoulder.

We are all bitter towards Meath people, we just hide it better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The Kia Ceed ad. Another "stupid man" ad. I despise them.

Advertisement