Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Apt8

Dickie10 wrote: »
    THE LIDL ad with the "Reillys from sunny CAAAAAAVAN" . God almighty the bitterness in the womans voice when she says "... its people from Meath that are careful with their money not cavan" Why are Cavan people so bitter towards Meath people , this is not the first time I have noticed this. Major chip on their shoulder.

Also fairly brazen of them to claim that when they look like they cut each other's hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

flazio wrote: »
    The leaders 6 week weight loss element isn't as central as it used to be, it's more about the initiatives these days like the lighting up of GAA pitches to give people a place to meet up and go for a walk rather than stay cooped up or massaging a pint glass. It's not perfect, it doesn't work for everybody but that doesn't mean it works for nobody and it's heart is still in the right place. I'd rather see the state broadcasters try something rather than shrug and say "it's your funeral"
    But RTÉ are badly undermining it's efforts by running adverts that show people binging on snacks (while reminding us to pay the license fee) and ordering fatty take outs.

It had others calling it out last year for not really making a genuine difference. It's more like a New Years resolution that everyone breaks.
    Tim76 wrote: »
    To be fair, she is kinda hot.

THANK YOU! I've been saying that all along.

(Also, someone made a bad joke- 'it's the only love story where a girl can honestly say she loves the dude for his braaaiiinnnnsss' :) )

The actress name is Christin Park-and she is hot. (Dude's name is Taylor Kare).

MV5BYzc0Y2E3Y2YtZTNmMC00ZGUwLWIwOTMtZWE3Yjc4MDg2NWU2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc3OTQ1MTY@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

THE LIDL ad with the "Reillys from sunny CAAAAAAVAN" . God almighty the bitterness in the womans voice when she says "... its people from Meath that are careful with their money not cavan" Why are Cavan people so bitter towards Meath people , this is not the first time I have noticed this. Major chip on their shoulder.

I blame the excruciating commutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭Acosta

It's usually a GAA thing.

They've brought back the 'Headbombs' advert. But they've retooled it, again.

With weird recycling of animation and the song's been reworked (also, again).

The song is so goddamn annoying.

• Advertisement

lertsnim wrote: »
    Subway can stick their meat free ad up their arse.

I was interested in trying it as the meatball marinara is the most calorific sub on the menu, but the meatfree version is only 40 calories less.

Not worth any possible reduction in flavour for 40 measly calories.

Makes you wonder what is in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Apt8 wrote: »
    Also fairly brazen of them to claim that when they look like they cut each other's hair.

I'm sorry but i just cant understand what they're saying......or should that be sayyyyyyin......:P

I was interested in trying it as the meatball marinara is the most calorific sub on the menu, but the meatfree version is only 40 calories less.

Not worth any possible reduction in flavour for 40 measly calories.

Makes you wonder what is in it.

Probably LOTS of salt.

I know lots of Dietitians will tell you to eat the full fat option-because the 'low fat' option will contain TONS of sugar, and TONS of Salt- because removing the fat takes out a lot of the flavor, so they have to supplement it with something else.

Which is essentially FAR worse than the full fat option. So when I see the 'meat free' option, I just think 'Oh, this is gonna be far more poisonous than the regular version'.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Does anyone know what 'ticky-tacky' is? That tune annoys me no end and not knowing what those feckin little boxes are made of is driving me insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Does anyone know what 'ticky-tacky' is? That tune annoys me no end and not knowing what those feckin little boxes are made of is driving me insane.

Shoddy building materials.
    It's a bizarre song to promote a car brand

• Advertisement

Speedsie wrote: »
    Shoddy building materials.
    It's a bizarre song to promote a car brand

Ad makes even less sense now. All I'll be thinking of when I heread 'Little boxes, little boxes...' is tiny clap board bungalows in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Ad makes even less sense now. All I'll be thinking of when I heread 'Little boxes, little boxes...' is tiny clap board bungalows in a row.

It was a protest song in the sixties about identikit houses, made from inferior building materials, all looking the same.

Can't recall what car brand the ad is for, but it makes me think it is tinny, shoddy, and ubiquitous! Don't really think that's what they are aiming for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭MakingMovies2

That electric Ireland ad is some of the most self congratulatiry ****e I've ever seen. Considering how expensive electric bills are here I wonder how they can justify spending money on that pure fluff.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

It was a protest song in the sixties about identikit houses, made from inferior building materials, all looking the same.

Can't recall what car brand the ad is for, but it makes me think it is tinny, shoddy, and ubiquitous! Don't really think that's what they are aiming for.

I think they are trying to paint all other car brands as "all looking the same" and being made out of dodgey materials but come buy a Nissan Juke and you can be different and special blah, blah, blah

The kid in the ad gives into peer pressure initially but then after a moment of clarity and individualistic pride caused by the revolutionary interior styling of the Juke, she heads back into the shop and gets the present she really wants. I'm welling up here :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

Does anyone get the Cirque de Soleis radio ad? the oldish guy who seems to do every RTE voiceover ad is on it. the things he says are odd in the extreme. "Have you ever jumped feom bed to bed?" "have you ever swung from the chandeliers? " Have you ever wondered whats it like to soar through a summer sky?"

what on earth is he on about? also theres an extremely erriee laughter near the end of the ad. it sounds like the laughter from the movie Gremlins by the gremlins when there being destructive

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Does anyone get the Cirque de Soleis radio ad? the oldish guy who seems to do every RTE voiceover ad is on it. the things he says are odd in the extreme. "Have you ever jumped feom bed to bed?" "have you ever swung from the chandeliers? " Have you ever wondered whats it like to soar through a summer sky?"

what on earth is he on about? also theres an extremely erriee laughter near the end of the ad. it sounds like the laughter from the movie Gremlins by the gremlins when there being destructive

Reading that in my head as he would.

Have you ever wanted to watch paint dry?
    Nothing ever happens when the paint dries... or Dooooes it?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,282 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

It's for Nissan, the carmaker whose products resemble a stepped upon frog.

EBS Mortgage advert....

Looks like something made by a think tank of people who were Cryogenically suspended in the early 00s.

'So you're renting? LOSER!!!' Better than being stuck with a house that can quickly depreciate over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

I thought the Lidl ads couldn't get any more annoying after Christmas but mother of gawd this, effing Caaaavan one :eek: It's enough to make you want to take a JCB to the place

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Widye

The subway meat free ad ffs. The fat take a break magazine type presenter and the offended millennials. It's gross 😂

• Advertisement

Widye wrote: »
    The subway meat free ad ffs. The fat take a break magazine type presenter and the offended millennials. It's gross ��

What does she say at the end? Mumbles something that I never get.

As I said I don't think Subway meatballs ever contained meat.

I thought the Lidl ads couldn't get any more annoying after Christmas but mother of gawd this, effing Caaaavan one :eek: It's enough to make you want to take a JCB to the place

I amost miss the elves and the tripping mammy and stoner daddy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

I know it's been derided many, many times here before but that fooking maltesers ad. Why are you shoving a load of maltesers off the table? Who's cleaning them up? Why aren't you eating them? Why are you borrowing your mate's nan's necklace? Why are you both so incredibly irritating?

stoner daddy

More Like Serial Killer Daddy.

optogirl wrote: »
    I know it's been derided many, many times here before but that fooking maltesers ad. Why are you shoving a load of maltesers off the table? Who's cleaning them up? Why aren't you eating them? Why are you borrowing your mate's nan's necklace? Why are you both so incredibly irritating?

First time I seen it I thought 'Liam Gallagher is looking well'

Elmo wrote: »
    What does she say at the end? Mumbles something that I never get.

Something in retardish!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,282 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I think you're a bit late, it's the way they withdraw cash without the paperwork up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Malteasers have been running really annoying ads like that for ages. The worst was the screechy voiced bint publicly dumping her boyfriend.

I was going to post the exact same thing. I love maltesers. Why would you willfully destroy some?

And does she really think it was the necklace that got her the shift?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭Acosta

Speaking of ads running for too long, how many bloody Dermot Bannon vodafone ads did they film? 50? When will it end? It's the music that kills me. Someone could use it when torturing me. They wouldn't even had to lay a finger on me. I'd tell them everything!!

McDonalds dubbing Irish accents over English ads is very lame, especially when we see the English version on the many channels that don't have regionalised ads. Two Irish girls so happy to be home because weirdly they were somewhere that didn't have McDonalds. Yeah its good to be home. At Stansted Airport.

Advertisement