Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

As a vodafone phone customer, their service has turned completely to sh1t.

I'm with them for that 1G broadband that Bannon is peddling and it’s crap. Constantly dropping, it’s got a range of about 4m from the router and struggles to stream Netflix on occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭Acosta

Another year means another round of how great the GAA are ads. Same auld stuff. We're the kings of our town, salt of the earth, but tough as nails. If you want to do well at school, get the girl, get a job(obviously) etc etc then join us.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Acosta wrote: »
    Another year means another round of how great the GAA are ads. Same auld stuff. We're the kings of our town, salt of the earth, but tough as nails. If you want to do well at school, get the girl, get a job(obviously) etc etc then join us.

Its Six Nations season.

Have Guinness released any of their ridiculous, sentimental ads portraying how great rugby's relationship with drink is yet?

Just don't join with Eir-their customer service is far, far worse.

My brother spent a solid hour on the phone to them, trying to get a phone repaired or replaced (it was still under contract, and the screen had screen burn on it). He was put through to every single department, with a 'hello, how can I help you-what's the problem' every time.
    No offer of help, and even less offer of a solution.

He let his contract run out, and switched back to vodafone. To be honest, there's sweet flip all options in terms of mobile phone providers in this country. And it's getting worse. There are black spots for every county in Ireland.

TBH, at least he got through to someone. I spent an hour on hold to tech support just before Christmas. My account got cut off and when trying to re-connect it, they de-provisioned my SIM and it took them 2 weeks to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,936 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ah FFS the 2 Welsh rugby twats with their Mams purse is back! Nooooooo :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,058 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Acosta wrote: »

while you are right .....you make it sound eerily like a royal navy add on British tv

i dont know why they even advertise , the people that follow the games dont pay a blind bit of notice

the worst gaa ads in my opinion are the AIB, Bank of Ireland , Ulster Bank adds using their sponsorship in the gaa in the same way as you just said , "we are the salt of the earth also" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

TBH, at least he got through to someone. I spent an hour on hold to tech support just before Christmas. My account got cut off and when trying to re-connect it, they de-provisioned my SIM and it took them 2 weeks to fix it.

He never got the phone replaced. He had about 3 months left in his contract, and then he left it run out.

Switched back to vodafone.
    Its Six Nations season.

Have Guinness released any of their ridiculous, sentimental ads portraying how great rugby's relationship with drink is yet?

Yep, see below. :)
    Thargor wrote: »
    Ah FFS the 2 Welsh rugby twats with their Mams purse is back! Nooooooo :(

It's fine in essence-but remember when adverts that seemed to link alcoholic drinks with a 'lifestyle brand' were banned?
    Guinness sort of straddles the line there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

I can only presume the Three Daydah idiot has been mentioned.

Why on earth can't he pronounce data properly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

I don't know why but I find that spotlight toothpaste ad with the two dentists a bit creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,282 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

while you are right .....you make it sound eerily like a royal navy add on British tv

i dont know why they even advertise , the people that follow the games dont pay a blind bit of notice

Me neither. You're either into it or not, ppl that are into it obviously know it's there, ppl that don't care aren't going to go to matches.
    There's a smug presumption on the part of the GAA that "everybody" is behind their local team and the organisation.

It's all rather pointless, like ESB Networks advertising, as if you can get your electricity via a competing network.

• Advertisement

How much of a lie that 3 ‘all you can eat data’ ad is really annoys me. Far more than it should really but to make the whole purpose of the ad to say something that’s completely false bugs the hell out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭CK22

Worst one at the moment is the dove rugby one. Not a particularly bad ad but really poorly done. They’ve clips from 2 matches but didn’t bother to take away the match broadcasters scores and name. So on one of them you’ve a dove logo imposed over the scores and something about A not releasing penalty. Very poor effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

This is just a general comment, but I watched the rugby yesterday, and I must have spent as much time being subjected to bandwagon ads about rugby as I did actually watching rugby! Sweet divine!

fricatus wrote: »
    This is just a general comment, but I watched the rugby yesterday, and I must have spent as much time being subjected to bandwagon ads about rugby as I did actually watching rugby! Sweet divine!

Taking notes from the 'World Series' like they do in America. You get more advertising than you do sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Annoying..; meaning;...this 3 advert is really annoying..:rolleyes:

"....speaker...whats frangipane....and why did mammy leave ...is this man my new mammy"....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,768 ✭✭✭lertsnim

In the annoying Nissan ad why is the mother hiding around the corner while the child goes to pick out a birthday present?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

The radio ad for seat belt is one of the worst.

lertsnim wrote: »
    In the annoying Nissan ad why is the mother hiding around the corner while the child goes to pick out a birthday present?

And whats tiki-taki??? It sounds like Barcelona's style of football which is more little triangles than little boxes :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

And whats tiki-taki??? It sounds like Barcelona's style of football which is more little triangles than little boxes :pac:

I hear it’s Swahili for “acting the bollix” :D

Blaze420 wrote: »
    I hear it’s Swahili for “acting the bollix” :D

Just done a google search (because i really should spend my time off work a bit wiser :D) but according to Merriam Webster its defined as follows

Definition of ticky-tacky (Entry 1 of 2)
    : sleazy or shoddy material used especially in the construction of look-alike tract houses
    also : something built of ticky-tacky

The singer of the original song was a political activist who was bemoaning the fact that family life was so bland, cyclical and generic. Very Stepford Wife-like and lacking in individuality basically.....or at least thats how i interpreted the song.

Bit of a feminist agenda in that Nissan ad but at least they are blaming pressure from other women to conform to an ideal and pressuring them to reject any aspirations to aim for STEM based careers as opposed to just blaming men for everything.

• Advertisement

lertsnim wrote: »
    Bit of a feminist agenda in that Nissan ad but at least they are blaming pressure from other women to conform to an ideal and pressuring them to reject any aspirations to aim for STEM based careers as opposed to just blaming men for everything.

Does anyone notice that there's an element of the mother pressuring the kid into picking out the chemistry set?
    My brother was watching it, and he was like 'Doesn't it kind of look like the mother is 'pressuring' the kid into picking out the chemistry set?

It's got an element of 'feminist' agenda to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Does anyone notice that there's an element of the mother pressuring the kid into picking out the chemistry set?
    My brother was watching it, and he was like 'Doesn't it kind of look like the mother is 'pressuring' the kid into picking out the chemistry set?

Fcuk all that sh1t.......why could she not park nearer Smyths....not a good ad for the "female" driver....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

fricatus wrote: »

At this stage for rugby I watch it on a half hour delay and that allows you to fast forward through all the ads during build up and half time. I timed half time of the rugby with a stop watch last year and the 15 minutes was broken down as a 5.5 minute ad break followed by four minutes of analysis and then another 5.5 minute ad break. Feck that, Id rather watch it on a delay than sit through all the Team of Us crap.

Fcuk all that sh1t.......why could she not park nearer Smyths....not a good ad for the "female" driver....:p

The space near the door was too tight.

So all those Dermot Bannon adverts-is it just him stealing food from people's plates? Cheese in one, the 'Frangipan' one has him stealing strawberry's or blackberry's..

Stop stealing food Bannon-buy yer own!

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭FarmerBrowne

"We keep the kitty in it"......christ it's back.

The mother wasnt driving out of that car park until the child went back in id say :D

Honestly though, in actual reality, id doubt even little bitches like the two school girls would be too pushed if they seen a smaller girl with a science set. If they were that popular and grown up themselves they surely wouldnt be wandering around the aisles of a toy shop?

Id agree there is a slight agenda going on here.

What a load of crap that ad is. A few coins in a purse wont pay that much for their pints, especially in Dublin

The mother wasnt driving out of that car park until the child went back in id say :D

Honestly though, in actual reality, id doubt even little bitches like the two school girls would be too pushed if they seen a smaller girl with a science set. If they were that popular and grown up themselves they surely wouldnt be wandering around the aisles of a toy shop?

Id agree there is a slight agenda going on here.

Children find anything to make fun of you for. The Science kit would be the last thing they'd mock one for-because they generally don't know what it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

It's enough to almost make you miss the Japanese beaurs

Advertisement