Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

There's one bit where they're meeting a solicitor about the will and it focuses on his horrible tobacco stained teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Talking will make you stronger

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Elmo wrote: »
    Talking will make you stronger

Isn't that what we're doing here?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

flazio wrote: »
    Isn't that what we're doing here?

They're talking about the atrocious 'Animated advert'.

The one that used to be 'Headbombz' until it was traumatising children, so they changed it.

Must be some weird era we're living in-advert dies on its butt, and instead of just ending the campaign (Like Pepsi did) they rebrand, recycle, and pump out another s**t advert.

I swear-when it comes to the handling of mental health, or health in general, in this country... we really are dragging our heels.

Children find anything to make fun of you for.

Completely agree.
    The Science kit would be the last thing they'd mock one for-because they generally don't know what it is.

Completely disagree. I got a chemistry set for christmas one year and got no end of stick for it. Even kids who didn't know what it was, found a way to make fun of me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭trashcan

I can only presume the Three Daydah idiot has been mentioned.

Why on earth can't he pronounce data properly

All you can eat daydah. Who eats data ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

“.... Did somebody say just eat..... oooooooohhhhhh.....
    Did somebody say ju-“ SMASHING SOUNDS AS TV FLIES THROUGH WINDOW

• Registered Users Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭trashcan

My new nomination is the one with yer wan crucifying the Proclaimers 500 Miles, in that incredibly annoying breathy voice that seems mandatory for women singing in ads now. Grrrr.
    (Couldn't tell you what it's for mind you, so well done there ad agency.)

trashcan wrote: »
    My new nomination is the one with yer wan crucifying the Proclaimers 500 Miles, in that incredibly annoying breathy voice that seems mandatory for women singing in ads now. Grrrr.

I blame TV shows like Greys Anatomy and Damages (the one with Rose Byrne and Glenn Close) for starting that trend.

It's cheaper to get 'crappy singer' and do a cover version, than pay for the original song as sung by the Proclaimers (to name one singer).

I think Damages once had a 'slowed down, melodramatic' version of 'Girl's just want to have fun' during a supposedly dramatic moment-I cracked up laughing during its supposed dramatic moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,936 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY ME I'M A LUCKY SON OF A GUN...

Please just kill this sh1t already, another one that must surely have spent more money on airtime than they make back in increased sales, it's been years at this stage. I couldn't actually tell you what car its for off the top of my head either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Thargor wrote: »
    LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY ME I'M A LUCKY SON OF A GUN...

Please just kill this sh1t already, another one that must surely have spent more money on airtime than they make back in increased sales, it's been years at this stage. I couldn't actually tell you what car its for off the top of my head either.

Most people probably think it's an ad for Coronation Street and!

And that bloody frangipane ad is back and even more frequent than before!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,660 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

trashcan wrote: »
    Have YOU had to walk 500 miles?
    Were you advised to walk 500 more?
    You could be entitled to compensation.

Call the Pro Claimers NOW

And here's another classic song trashed.

Spandau Ballet , Gold! it's an add for a cleaning product or job website

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭Acosta

I blame TV shows like Greys Anatomy and Damages (the one with Rose Byrne and Glenn Close) for starting that trend.

It's cheaper to get 'crappy singer' and do a cover version, than pay for the original song as sung by the Proclaimers (to name one singer).

I think Damages once had a 'slowed down, melodramatic' version of 'Girl's just want to have fun' during a supposedly dramatic moment-I cracked up laughing during its supposed dramatic moment.

That trend started in the early 00's when someone covered Blue Monday in that god awful boring style

• Registered Users Posts: 16,135 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Can Frangipane now just go away forever

Acosta wrote: »
    That trend started in the early 00's when someone covered Blue Monday in that god awful boring style

Oh God-you reminded me of that 'Let's Dance' cover that was used in a bottled water advert.

I think it charted as well... what happened to that singer?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Nouvelle Vague?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,768 ✭✭✭lertsnim

How often do RTÉ need to advertise that bastard late late valentine show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

That wan murdering the Proclaimers song certainly knows how to kill all the joy and life in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,072 ✭✭✭CoBo55

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Nouvelle Vague?

It's Vogue.. misspelled by iTunes, nothing unusual there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

CoBo55 wrote: »
    It's Vogue.. misspelled by iTunes, nothing unusual there!

It's vague

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Widye

Lackluster monotonous cover versions of upbeat songs in ads are the work of the devil.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The low-fat brownie one with Bonnie Tyler singing 'turn around, Barbara'.
    Her voice really ain't what it used to be.

The ad with the nurse-zebra man, he really pisses me off for some reason.

Those annoyingly long life insurance/assurance ads that sap your will to live :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Widye wrote: »
    Lackluster monotonous cover versions of upbeat songs in ads are the work of the devil.

Even Satan can't stand them; he's a step or two above your average ad writer on the moral ladder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭Acosta

This new GAA ad with the kids is bothering me again. They all look so haunted and scared. It doesn't seem interested at all in promoting the joys of playing the sport at all. Are you not very confident in yourself? If the answer is yes then join the GAA and we'll make ya tough as nails. Learn to knock seven shades of **** out of lads, then you'll have the confidence to get the girl you like. It's not very appetising. I think I'd be keen for my kids to play something else based on that

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

That O'Meara camping radio advert. I cant believe that there are ad agencies out there that would actually turn this sh!te out with a straight face. Can you imagine trying to present this to a client as your idea?

And can you imagine actually agreeing to pay someone for this tripe :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

The one thats driving me nuts at the moment is the ad for its for women car insurance. The woman speaking has a very strange accent. Its like a hybrid american irish and drives me mental and its on every ad break.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 80 ✭✭KevW24601

Right now for me it's the Ulster Bank ad.

- Played at least every other ad break.
    - About two and a half minutes too long.
    - The acting; "MUM!!!" (Which you're guaranteed to hear no matter where you are in the house. Making tea peacefully in the kitchen - 'MUM!!!" - blares from the front room)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

KevW24601 wrote: »
    Right now for me it's the Ulster Bank ad.

- Played at least every other ad break.
    - About two and a half minutes too long.
    - The acting; "MUM!!!" (Which you're guaranteed to hear no matter where you are in the house. Making tea peacefully in the kitchen - 'MUM!!!" - blares from the front room)

Children in ads should be neither seen nor heard.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

What I like about that ad is when the young lad sneaks into the bathroom ahead of the father, the father is knocking on the door before he's had a chance to lock it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Apt8

An Post munny, she says it about 5 times in the space of a minute. At least it's not as bad as the 222222 Pat Short ad.

Advertisement