Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Daisy78

The ad for Centre Parcs. I needn’t say anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

What’s with that new one for Coca Cola? With the actress Natasha Lyonne in it. ‘Maybe you’re the assh0le’ seems to be the message. Well, ok thanks. Now I’ll have a coke?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Therea are so many ads on currently with talking or singing babies and they are all creepy AF. The one with the baby singing in his cot at night is the creepiest of all :eek:

That chunky lad who is streaming box sets with his best friend needs to get up off the damn sofa and take his best friend for a walk.

Daisy78 wrote: »
    The ad for Centre Parcs. I needn’t say anymore.
    The brilliantist :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

Those effin Air adverts - the voice over guy drives me nuts and as long as they continue to use him they will continue to annoy me.

The latest adverts for Air/Amazon Prime add-on, the current ad has this spanner at the end standing in a doorway who says "that's great", who the feck is he and why is his face and shirt so annoying?, and why is one of the worst companies in Ireland still spending so much on advertising a dysfunctional service, even the Amazon Prime thing they are currently pushing is a farce. E500 a year to have your head melted, no thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

That ad where the neighbour boys keep throwing their rubbish into his garden and finish by taunting the poor diabetic man by throwing a big slab of chocolate at him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,058 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Apt8 wrote: »
    An Post munny, she says it about 5 times in the space of a minute. At least it's not as bad as the 222222 Pat Short ad.

i always taught the tutu tutu too add for an post summed them up perfectly :pac: ,

• Registered Users Posts: 16,282 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The brilliantist :mad:

In Longfurt.

Together with a recycled D'Unbelievables joke as old as his dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

What’s with that new one for Coca Cola? With the actress Natasha Lyonne in it. ‘Maybe you’re the assh0le’ seems to be the message. Well, ok thanks. Now I’ll have a coke?

Not what I took away from it.

https://www.campaignlive.co.uk/article/coca-cola-goes-back-its-roots-focus-empathy/1674005

It's to be about empathy-about seeing things from the other person's side of view-rather than pull the 'YOU'RE WRONG!' argument.
    Case in point, the whole 'superhero's' fighting-trashing the place.
    It's not helping, they're fighting over something ridiculous, and essentially their argument is probably a mountain out of a molehill.

It does veer away from politics, for good reason-nobody want's to talk politics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Ad on radio for Boi mortgages.
    Girl repeatedly says Bank of Arland.
    Also, it sounds like she’s really struggling to NOT throw in a few YAHS and LIKES as she’s delivering the message.
    Grrrrrrrrrr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Widye

Horrendous. So preachy and up its own hole. **** off Coca-Cola

Widye wrote: »
    Horrendous. So preachy and up its own hole. **** off Coca-Cola

Oh Gillette went preachy-and they suffered for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Widye

Does everyone who bets in a pub or drinks pints now have a black best friend?

Widye wrote: »
    Does everyone who bets in a pub or drinks pints now have a black best friend?

Is Black Best Friend the same as Gay Best Friend?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭Acosta

The voice over on the new Bank Of Ireland ad. Holy jesus.

The ad where the young d4 lad pronounces data as day-daa.

Also the coke ad with all the rows, actually puts me in a bad mood.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

The Irish ferries one with the annoying song, 'I oh the greatest things in liiiife are the memories that we leave behind'
    Sweet jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

The low-fat brownie one with Bonnie Tyler singing 'turn around, Barbara'.
    Her voice really ain't what it used to be.

The ad with the nurse-zebra man, he really pisses me off for some reason.

Those annoyingly long life insurance/assurance ads that sap your will to live :(

Oh man that low fat brownie advert 'forever Ive been waiting for a snack in my life'

I've come close to headbutting the tv

• Registered Users Posts: 26 coconnell44

Literally any ad (always seem to be for cars) that goes all philosophical with an up- it's -own-hole slogan like ' The world is yours to change' or something like that. You're selling a CAR for God's sake! They drive me insane. A bit like the new coke ad actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 coconnell44

And why the hell does every second ad seem to feature a hugely pretentious melodramatic rendering of a classic song? I think 500 miles by the proclaimers was the last one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Plopsu

Completely agree.

Completely disagree. I got a chemistry set for christmas one year and got no end of stick for it. Even kids who didn't know what it was, found a way to make fun of me.

Still waiting for your follow up post of how you used your chemistry set to give them the explosive squits/ turn their hair green/ liquefy their ear wax so it ran out of their heads like yellow waterfalls.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,768 ✭✭✭lertsnim

italodisco wrote: »
    The Irish ferries one with the annoying song, 'I oh the greatest things in liiiife are the memories that we leave behind'
    Sweet jesus

I thought that was gone after being shown non stop last year. How wrong I was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

That anti smoking ad where the father says he decided to stop smoking when his daughter was born because 'she's the love of my life' eh, your wife is supposed to be the love of your life, not your daughter.

What's that car ad with everyone slapping their heads? The one with the guy who is apparently out of the loop or stupid for not having the exact same model and colour car as every single one of his neighbours? It's a bit Stepford wives and all it says to me is that if you aren't exactly like everyone else then you are a moron.

And the one who declares "I haven't eaten meat for THREE years :mad:"

Vegetarianism must be some craic then if you are trying a meal that looks like meat you bint.
    Why do meat eaters get so angry about vegetarians? Most vegetarians don't eat meat because they don't like the idea of killing animals not because they don't like the taste of meat, what's to be angry about at that? As for saying she hadn't eaten meat for years that's a valid thing that happened to me once when I was tucking into potato salad only to find myself chewing bacon. That might sound trivial to you but it's upsetting when you are very careful not to eat meat and meat products only to find yourself eating meat. Most vegetarians don't go around criticising meat eaters but the venom from the opposite side is shocking.

Want to know why people don't eat meat, then go to an abbatoir or take a look online at the leaked footage of what happens to animals in abattoirs or read about the live cattle being shipped from Ireland to Libya. The boats can be smelled before they can be seen, the cattle are up to their knees in sh*t, some fall and have broken limbs. They are shipped for Halal slaughter which means they are strung up by a back leg and have their veins slashed before their throats are cut, both these things usually have to be repeated because the people doing it botch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

These new An Post ads are torture and I suspect there are gonna be a long line of them.

The state of yer man, his car breaks down and he gets out of car, puts on trench coat and picks up briefcase and then calls An Post?? Also he must be an important business man, the trench coat tells me that.

The woman on the helpdesk,she touches her headset in case we haven't worked out who she is supposed to be, helpdesks rarely look like they do in that ad, the way she touches her keyboard is stupid, and is her keyboard actually connected to anything?

That location where yer man broke down there are no goats, sheep yes, no goats afaik.

Voiceover guy sounds suspiciously like Meteor ad voiceover guy?

And finally the tag line, "Human about Insurance" - I bet they are not, I bet they are like all the rest, with policies full of loopholes that means they don't have to pay out most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Scowel Shaus ahraddy (School shoes already)

These new An Post ads are torture and I suspect there are gonna be a long line of them.

The state of yer man, his car breaks down and he gets out of car, puts on trench coat and picks up briefcase and then calls An Post?? Also he must be an important business man, the trench coat tells me that.

The woman on the helpdesk,she touches her headset in case we haven't worked out who she is supposed to be, helpdesks rarely look like they do in that ad, the way she touches her keyboard is stupid, and is her keyboard actually connected to anything?

That location where yer man broke down there are no goats, sheep yes, no goats afaik.

Voiceover guy sounds suspiciously like Meteor ad voiceover guy?

And finally the tag line, "Human about Insurance" - I bet they are not, I bet they are like all the rest, with policies full of loopholes that means they don't have to pay out most of the time.

An Post has wasted a huge amount of money rebranding itself to try to appeal to a market that never has and never will use them. Millennial's aren't going to go to the Post Office they do most things online. The people using the Post Office are people who don't have a choice, i.e. people collecting pensions and Social Welfare benefits or posting parcels. Anytime I go into the local post office the women and they are all women who replaced the men when the place was sold, are sitting behind the counter drinking mugs of tea, that and rearranging the barrier rope in an effort to make it as bloody difficult as possible to get to the counter. Now they've increased the price of stamps by 5% on top of the 39% increase 3 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

An Post has wasted a huge amount of money rebranding itself to try to appeal to a market that never has and never will use them. Millennial's aren't going to go to the Post Office they do most things online. The people using the Post Office are people who don't have a choice, i.e. people collecting pensions and Social Welfare benefits or posting parcels. Anytime I go into the local post office the women and they are all women who replaced the men when the place was sold, are sitting behind the counter drinking mugs of tea, that and rearranging the barrier rope in an effort to make it as bloody difficult as possible to get to the counter. Now they've increased the price of stamps by 5% on top of the 39% increase 3 years ago.

They increased international postage by 30c last year just don’t tell anyone!

Funny my local PO is run by men, years ago it was women.

The coke ad I always think is for Netflix, to be honest I think ye have all read way to much into that ad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,354 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Most overacted ad at the moment - that one for "ibuprofen and paracetamol; together (join hands)" - how did they actually shoot that with straight faces?

Most confusing ad at the moment - that one with Daniel Craig/James Bond - there's a couple of variations, and I literally have not the foggiest what's going on in them...... could someone please explain in words of 2 syllables or less?

Advertisement