Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,936 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Theres an Amazon Alexa ad on atm, a mother hears a noise outside, asks Alexa what time it is, its 04:40 am says Alexa, she looks outside and her daughter is belting a football off the wall over and over again, so she tells Alexa to turn on the outdoor lighting for the daughter? Its a row of terraced houses! What about the neighbours?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Most overacted ad at the moment - that one for "ibuprofen and paracetamol; together (join hands)" - how did they actually shoot that with straight faces?

Most confusing ad at the moment - that one with Daniel Craig/James Bond - there's a couple of variations, and I literally have not the foggiest what's going on in them...... could someone please explain in words of 2 syllables or less?

Old Craig -> bond
    0% Heineken -> Heineken

Not sure if that’s what they wanted!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

An Post has wasted a huge amount of money rebranding itself to try to appeal to a market that never has and never will use them. Millennial's aren't going to go to the Post Office they do most things online. The people using the Post Office are people who don't have a choice, i.e. people collecting pensions and Social Welfare benefits or posting parcels. Anytime I go into the local post office the women and they are all women who replaced the men when the place was sold, are sitting behind the counter drinking mugs of tea, that and rearranging the barrier rope in an effort to make it as bloody difficult as possible to get to the counter. Now they've increased the price of stamps by 5% on top of the 39% increase 3 years ago.

An Post used to have a great logo and instantly recognisable green vans. Now their vans have this stupid picture on the side of a guy flying like Superman.

An Post has wasted a huge amount of money rebranding itself to try to appeal to a market that never has and never will use them. Millennial's aren't going to go to the Post Office they do most things online. The people using the Post Office are people who don't have a choice, i.e. people collecting pensions and Social Welfare benefits or posting parcels. Anytime I go into the local post office the women and they are all women who replaced the men when the place was sold, are sitting behind the counter drinking mugs of tea, that and rearranging the barrier rope in an effort to make it as bloody difficult as possible to get to the counter. Now they've increased the price of stamps by 5% on top of the 39% increase 3 years ago.

An Post have missed a trick in so many ways.

1. The An Post Credit Card. Is it actually owned by An Post so they can make some money out of it? No, its owned and operated by Avantcard, which used to be called MBNA.

2. Their Bureau de Change facilities are quite limited. From their site: "We sell sterling and US dollars in cash but we do not buy back unused cash, including notes".

If An Post wasn't state run, it's lack of innovation means it would have gone bust long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭Acosta

optogirl wrote: »
    Scowel Shaus ahraddy (School shoes already)

Lol Brilliant! I love this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Just going back a bit to Nissan's 'Little boxes' ad slagging off other manufacturers.

Ladies and Gentlemen...I give you the 'crime against pretty much everything design related'....Nissan Cube!

1024px-Nissan_Cube_Z11_003.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 29,354 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Elmo wrote: »
    Old Craig -> bond
    0% Heineken -> Heineken

Not sure if that’s what they wanted!
    Not sure if I'm any the wiser after that explanation.....

Anyone else care to try and enlighten me?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

It's that they're one and the same but they're not the same.
    It's Heineken 0%.
    The same as Heineken but not Heineken cos its 0%
    Daneil Craig is Bond , but he's not Bond, he's Daniel.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,936 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Those Heineken Zero ads were always bizarre, like they were trying to sell the idea of carrying a glass bottle of beer around to work or the gym and drinking it like a bottle of water, what was the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    Just going back a bit to Nissan's 'Little boxes' ad slagging off other manufacturers.

Ladies and Gentlemen...I give you the 'crime against pretty much everything design related'....Nissan Cube!

1024px-Nissan_Cube_Z11_003.JPG
    Whenever you drew a car as a child it was exactly like this, remember. It must have been designed by a 6 year old :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

What's that car ad with everyone slapping their heads? The one with the guy who is apparently out of the loop or stupid for not having the exact same model and colour car as every single one of his neighbours? It's a bit Stepford wives and all it says to me is that if you aren't exactly like everyone else then you are a moron.

Plus all with the head slappers with the exception of one are female. Another in the long line of "stupid men" ads, even though what yer man says seems perfectly reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »

Little box right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Thanks AIG for 'supporting my insurance needs'. That's one way of putting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Why do meat eaters get so angry about vegetarians? Most vegetarians don't eat meat because they don't like the idea of killing animals not because they don't like the taste of meat, what's to be angry about at that? As for saying she hadn't eaten meat for years that's a valid thing that happened to me once when I was tucking into potato salad only to find myself chewing bacon. That might sound trivial to you but it's upsetting when you are very careful not to eat meat and meat products only to find yourself eating meat. Most vegetarians don't go around criticising meat eaters but the venom from the opposite side is shocking.

Want to know why people don't eat meat, then go to an abbatoir or take a look online at the leaked footage of what happens to animals in abattoirs or read about the live cattle being shipped from Ireland to Libya. The boats can be smelled before they can be seen, the cattle are up to their knees in sh*t, some fall and have broken limbs. They are shipped for Halal slaughter which means they are strung up by a back leg and have their veins slashed before their throats are cut, both these things usually have to be repeated because the people doing it botch it.

If people don't want to eat meat that's their prerogative. Same as it's my choice to eat meat without being preached at by some sanctimonious tw*ts.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Apt8

Shakyfan wrote: »
    If people don't want to eat meat that's their prerogative. Same as it's my choice to eat meat without being preached at by some sanctimonious tw*ts.

I used to be a vegetarian and I'd argue it's the other way around in terms of sanctimonity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

Shakyfan wrote: »
    Who is preaching at you?

Apt8 wrote: »
    I used to be a vegetarian and I'd argue it's the other way around in terms of sanctimonity.
    Exactly. I don't eat meat because I don't want to eat animals. It's my choice, I don't expect anyone else in my family to stop eating meat because I don't eat it. I don't know why meat eaters get so irate about it, I'm guessing it's because they don't want to be reminded of the cruelty involved in slaughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 GCIREL

The brilliantist :mad:

I hate that d1ckhead

• Registered Users Posts: 16,135 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The Lidl Cavan family are now back and sneering at the money off vouchers in “ another “ supermarket .
    Not enough the go on about the savings they made in Lidl but now put another supermarket down

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    The Lidl Cavan family are now back and sneering at the money off vouchers in “ another “ supermarket .
    Not enough the go on about the savings they made in Lidl but now put another supermarket down

What is that clown like with that haircut in that ad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 GCIREL

Clearbraces.ie..... for a smile you want to see go to clearbraces.ie then cut to some idiot showing the pretty mediocre results!

I used to hate my teeet I used to smile like dis now I smile like dis

The fella who got them for his missus for the wedding I have no idea what he's saying in half the ad.

Annoying beyond belief did the braces damage their pronunciation?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Acosta wrote: »
    The voice over on the new Bank Of Ireland ad. Holy jesus.

I have to mute the tv for that ad.

But the one for Aldi (I think) with the couple talking about 'the joke about Cavan people eating their dinner out of a drawer' puts the tv in severe danger of being flung through the nearest window.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

optogirl wrote: »
    Scowel Shaus ahraddy (School shoes already)

Very annoying ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

The Virgin Media (UK) ad for the "I can do anything" is just plain ridiculous.

Any advert that uses children to voice over adults. It's not cute, it's not funny and it should be a hanging offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Vogue Williams is in an advert for those liquitabs...

She's annoying, then the camera does and EXtreme Close up on her face (seriously, even Sergio Leone would tell the camera man to pull back).

It's terrifying- I keep thinking her huge mouth is gonna bite my head off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The Irish life health and with the mammy gazing off in the distance. Since when did a GP wear a white coat. Might as well have put a huge doctor sign there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Everything on Irish tv. Having moved here from the north, you don’t see the same ad 7-8 times a night.

Honest to god, is that all they have? Virgin media, RTE etc bludgeon to death the same ads for weeks on end. Same goes with the radio stations.

It has been mentioned already, both here and on the radio forum, but here goes...
    Bank of Ah-Erland (Ireland).

Stop It!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

"Lucky lucky lucky me, Im a lucky son of a gun...." SHUPPPTAFOOK!!!!!!

Advertisement