Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

That musical TK Maxx abomination is back :(

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

CBear1993 wrote: »
    Everything on Irish tv. Having moved here from the north, you don’t see the same ad 7-8 times a night.

Honest to god, is that all they have? Virgin media, RTE etc bludgeon to death the same ads for weeks on end. Same goes with the radio stations.

It's relentless. I actually boycott most the products being advertised as I associate them with being annoyed.

The Paddy Power ad was amusing the first couple of times but now that it's on every single ad break Colm Meaney's head is becoming more and more punchable!

Why do meat eaters get so angry about vegetarians? Most vegetarians don't eat meat because they don't like the idea of killing animals not because they don't like the taste of meat, what's to be angry about at that? As for saying she hadn't eaten meat for years that's a valid thing that happened to me once when I was tucking into potato salad only to find myself chewing bacon. That might sound trivial to you but it's upsetting when you are very careful not to eat meat and meat products only to find yourself eating meat. Most vegetarians don't go around criticising meat eaters but the venom from the opposite side is shocking.

Want to know why people don't eat meat, then go to an abbatoir or take a look online at the leaked footage of what happens to animals in abattoirs or read about the live cattle being shipped from Ireland to Libya. The boats can be smelled before they can be seen, the cattle are up to their knees in sh*t, some fall and have broken limbs. They are shipped for Halal slaughter which means they are strung up by a back leg and have their veins slashed before their throats are cut, both these things usually have to be repeated because the people doing it botch it.

Precisely because of preaching ****e like that.

It has been mentioned already, both here and on the radio forum, but here goes...
    Bank of Ah-Erland (Ireland).

Stop It!

Was it BOI that had that horrible little breathy version of 500 Miles too?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,281 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Tim76 wrote: »
    It's relentless. I actually boycott most the products being advertised as I associate them with being annoyed.

The Paddy Power ad was amusing the first couple of times but now that it's on every single ad break Colm Meaney's head is becoming more and more punchable!

He's gone way down in my estimation, advertising PP, money grabbing purveyors of false hope and misery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Not really an ad but during the 2 rugby matches on saturday on virgin the constant "join us tomorrow for the ireland game". they must think people are thick that they didnt know the game was on sunday and that only 1 irish station shows it

He's gone way down in my estimation, advertising PP, money grabbing purveyors of false hope and misery.

I don’t gamble myself but I don’t think everyone that uses Paddy Power is miserable. Meaney isn’t forcing people to place bets they don’t want to.

I don’t gamble myself but I don’t think everyone that uses Paddy Power is miserable. Meaney isn’t forcing people to place bets they don’t want to.

Bookie shops are black holes on the streetscape and take more than they give back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

Precisely because of preaching ****e like that.
    So you don't like the reality of where your meat comes from or what happens to animals sent abroad from this country. Well aren't you just so cool and edgy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Whats the one with the hideous rap version of King Crimsons 21st Century Schizoid Man?

• Advertisement

So you don't like the reality of where your meat comes from or what happens to animals sent abroad from this country. Well aren't you just so cool and edgy. :)

No. I just like the taste of meat. No try hard from this end.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

"Lucky lucky lucky me, Im a lucky son of a gun...." SHUPPPTAFOOK!!!!!!

That ad is dire. 'Locky, locky, locky me.' Mute button.
    I don't know what it's for and I don't want to.
    Was it BOI that had that horrible little breathy version of 500 Miles too?

I'm not sure tbh. They had some peculiar ad recently with someone smashing a kitchen or something. Awful stuff.

And that insurance ad where the guy thinks his dad's watch has been stolen. But, no, wait his partner/ wife is wearing it. :rolleyes:

All ads with Dermot Bannon are irritating. Mute button.

No. I just like the taste of meat. No try hard from this end.
    Funny, you seem to be trying very hard to make an issue of it. I don't care if you eat meat or not. I don't, it's not something I usually make an issue of but when some posters start getting arsey and ranting about what vegetarians eat then I will point out the double standard that there are far more people who eat meat who bitch and obsess about what vegetarians eat than the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The one where yer man has gone on hols and left his large collection of expensive watches at home, he left his favourite one out in full view on the bedside locker so the robbers can't miss it.

Funny, you seem to be trying very hard to make an issue of it. I don't care if you eat meat or not. I don't, it's not something I usually make an issue of but when some posters start getting arsey and ranting about what vegetarians eat then I will point out the double standard that there are far more people who eat meat who bitch and obsess about what vegetarians eat than the other way around.

Not really. You’re the one went on the little rant about where meat comes from. You could just not eat meat and get on with your life instead of throwing tantrums.

Anyway, use the ignore function. Ads.....

That ad is dire. 'Locky, locky, locky me.' Mute button.
    I don't know what it's for and I don't want to.

I'm not sure tbh. They had some peculiar ad recently with someone smashing a kitchen or something. Awful stuff.

And that insurance ad where the guy thinks his dad's watch has been stolen. But, no, wait his partner/ wife is wearing it. :rolleyes:

All ads with Dermot Bannon are irritating. Mute button.

I hate seeing him on anything. The Celtic tiger in its human form. The fake home assistant is brutal too.

Not really. You’re the one went on the little rant about where meat comes from. You could just not eat meat and get on with your life instead of throwing tantrums.

Anyway, use the ignore function. Ads.....
    You should try reading posts properly before you post, you'll end up with less egg on your face that way.

You should try reading posts properly before you post, you'll end up with less egg on your face that way.

Jesus stfu about meat and get back to ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I thought it had gone away but it's back; the little girl giving a lecture to her dollies about the human brain.

I see they changed the lyrics of the kids song about talking to someone so it didn’t sound like they were singing “that’s a head ****” any more.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

The one with the talking dog. I think the ad is for insurance. And it's on radio and tv a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

I see they changed the lyrics of the kids song about talking to someone so it didn’t sound like they were singing “that’s a head ****” any more.

Apparently a lot of child therapists complained. Not joking.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 GCIREL

The one with the talking dog. I think the ad is for insurance. And it's on radio and tv a lot.

AA car insurance! I hate that dog he's obnoxious!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

It has been mentioned already, both here and on the radio forum, but here goes...
    Bank of Ah-Erland (Ireland).

Stop It!

Is she not that annoying female comedian Maeve something or other ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Vogue Williams is in an advert for those liquitabs...

She's annoying, then the camera does and EXtreme Close up on her face (seriously, even Sergio Leone would tell the camera man to pull back).

It's terrifying- I keep thinking her huge mouth is gonna bite my head off.

Cant stand that ad, not only that Vogue is in it but also her patronising mommy advice about putting the liquid tabs away from little baby Theodore. Eh Vogue I think people already know this sh1t.

GCIREL wrote: »
    AA car insurance! I hate that dog he's obnoxious!

And it's played so much!

SAMTALK wrote: »
    Is she not that annoying female comedian Maeve something or other ?

I don't know.

'Bank of Ah-Erland is reguladed by the Central Bank of Ah-Erland.'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭storker

Any ad that uses the word "passion".

Get off the feckin' stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Whestsidestory

Caught the last few seconds of a car ad last night..citreon maybe and a guy had parked up the car and was taking a pee at the side of the road!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭trashcan

"The biggest silence I hear on Aranmore is the sound of children."

What ? Makes no kind of sense as a statement whatsoever.

Advertisement