Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

2FM sponsorship adds

I thought it was creamy with mayonnaise
    But it’s cheesy across the board
    Who ever cast those voice over artists needs to be fired!

The easolief duo ad with the two human impersonators is one of the most annoying ads in a long time.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

The easolief duo ad with the two human impersonators is one of the most annoying ads in a long time.

Paracetamol and Ibuprofen.....together?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭Acosta

trashcan wrote: »
    "The biggest silence I hear on Aranmore is the sound of children."

What ? Makes no kind of sense as a statement whatsoever.

"What's the problem with that, sounds fantastic." Was my buddies response to that the other night when it came on. He's not a big fan of kids or noise.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

The Maltesers ad, 'you know that necklace you lent to me...'
    Go away.

• Advertisement

Go away.

As with the m&m's ad, that one has been going for about 5 years too long. The ad itself is not even that annoying IMO, but it kind of is now because it's been on for so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Acosta wrote: »
    As with the m&m's ad, that one has been going for about 5 years too long. The ad itself is not even that annoying IMO, but it kind of is now because it's been on for so long.

I think it's cos the last one they spent big money on didn't go down too well.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

It always annoyed me, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

From time to time there is an ad so horrifically annoying that I make a promise to myself never to buy the thing they are advertising.
    Even if it is the cheapest in a range of products or whatever, the horrible ad puts me right off it.
    So stick that in your pipe and smoke it (b)ad writers.

I have to mute the tv for that ad.

But the one for Aldi (I think) with the couple talking about 'the joke about Cavan people eating their dinner out of a drawer' puts the tv in severe danger of being flung through the nearest window.

My problem with that ad is the way the wife says "it's people from Meath who are careful with their money". There's nothing wrong with being careful with your money, but ive met more than one Cavan person who were the stereotypical Cavan person who would charge you for the steam off their pis$.

Not only did they get paid to do the ad, i bet yer man tried to haggle with them.

• Advertisement

From time to time there is an ad so horrifically annoying that I make a promise to myself never to buy the thing they are advertising.
    Even if it is the cheapest in a range of products or whatever, the horrible ad puts me right off it.

I have a similar rule. I gave up Schweppes when they had an ad which particularly irritated me.

I love maltesers but its been months since I had any.

I will never again bank with AIB over that backing brave voiceover. It still bothers me a few years later.

While not being anywhere near the AIB one in the league of annoying ads, the "I'm your average girl from down the road" voiceover on the new BOI makes me immediately reach for the mute button.
    The only other ad that currently makes me do that is the very upsetting ad about the little boy that was killed by the drunk driver. It's a hard hitting ad, relevant and hopefully will make people think before considering drink driving, but if you're watching football on sky on a Sunday afternoon it's literally on every single ad break. The RSA should consider showing a few of their other ads if they're paying big bucks to advertise during peak viewing times like live sporting events.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

I'm watching some old recorded DVR shows which is great but the Christmas ads are definitely not! - "all the trees are on display, now" (Arrrrrgggghhhhh :mad:)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

Go away.

". . . and he spun me around . . ." - Infuriating, a good 8 on the Angry Face scale, partly because the ad is so old now and has been ran so many times

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

"a little wee won't stop me being me.. a little trickle" Jesus like TMI really

"a little wee won't stop me being me.. a little trickle" Jesus like TMI really

I worry that they'll get more...'detailed' when talking about other bodily functions in adverts.

Like toilet paper... or tampons...

The awful ad where people get into the bed in public. Now there is a new one :mad:
    Generally any ad which claims to have ordinary members of the public but is obviously using bad ham-actors (see above)
    Apple had an ad with 2 guys they introduced as a comedian and an apple employee; they were both comedians, the lad they used is a jobbing stand up/actor he has a really distinctive face and he sticks out a mile. He was in pirates of the carribean ffs :mad:

They stopped showing it thank God but there were two animated ads for an estate agent I think that were really graphic and violent; one of them had a woman's face melting off down to the skull, the other was a man having his limbs torn off. Like a really bad acid trip and with a death metal song in the background.

These forking geniuses decided that this ad was suitable for showing in the daytime when kids were watching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

I will never again bank with AIB over that backing brave voiceover. It still bothers me a few years later.

While not being anywhere near the AIB one in the league of annoying ads, the "I'm your average girl from down the road" voiceover on the new BOI makes me immediately reach for the mute button.
    The only other ad that currently makes me do that is the very upsetting ad about the little boy that was killed by the drunk driver. It's a hard hitting ad, relevant and hopefully will make people think before considering drink driving, but if you're watching football on sky on a Sunday afternoon it's literally on every single ad break. The RSA should consider showing a few of their other ads if they're paying big bucks to advertise during peak viewing times like live sporting events.
    I think we need more hard hitting road safety adverts targeted at young drivers. Almost every single weekend there are deaths from car crashes and one thing they almost all have in common is young people speeding around in cars in the early hours of the morning. The message is just not getting through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I worry that they'll get more...'detailed' when talking about other bodily functions in adverts.

Like toilet paper... or tampons...

The Canesten ad, yuk.

• Advertisement

I think we need more hard hitting road safety adverts targeted at young drivers. Almost every single weekend there are deaths from car crashes and one thing they almost all have in common is young people speeding around in cars in the early hours of the morning. The message is just not getting through.

I can't recall a road safety ad that featured someone that looks over 30 something behind the wheel.

". . . and he spun me around . . ." - Infuriating, a good 8 on the Angry Face scale, partly because the ad is so old now and has been ran so many times

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Could be worse. If it was a McDonald's ad, the voices would be dubbed over with a girl from Clonmel and another from Wexford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

I can't recall a road safety ad that featured someone that looks over 30 something behind the wheel.
    Maybe they need a new tactic, perhaps an ad showing a group of youngsters speeding along the roads in the early hours going off the road and getting the car wrapped around a tree followed by the screaming and blood? Right now it's a common occurrence and nothing is getting through to them.

Maybe they need a new tactic, perhaps an ad showing a group of youngsters speeding along the roads in the early hours going off the road and getting the car wrapped around a tree followed by the screaming and blood? Right now it's a common occurrence and nothing is getting through to them.

They've tried every tactic...

You just can't cure stupid. Everyone's free to make choices-some people made the bad ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭storker

The nurse with the glasses is cute though. :)

storker wrote: »

You have very low standards, fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Is that not the malteasers ad?

I would for sure. She's got that Velma vibe going.

I would for sure. She's got that Velma vibe going.

maxresdefault.jpg

Velma?

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Jinkys!

Advertisement