Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Is that not the malteasers ad?
    The blonde wife in the m & ms ad cheating on her husband is a total fox as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,006 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I think we need more hard hitting road safety adverts targeted at young drivers. Almost every single weekend there are deaths from car crashes and one thing they almost all have in common is young people speeding around in cars in the early hours of the morning. The message is just not getting through.

Deaths on Irish Roads are fairly evenly spread across all ages;

From https://www.rsa.ie/Documents/Fatal%20Collision%20Stats/Provisional_Reviews_of_Fatal_Collisions/RRD_Res_20191231_RSAProvisionalReviewFatalities31December2019_03Jan2020.pdf

504503.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭storker

Is that not the malteasers ad?

So it is. They've been showing it a lot recently.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

'You ORRRR going to quit now dad, ORRRnt you' aaargh.

The blonde wife in the m & ms ad cheating on her husband is a total fox as well.

The most American looking woman of all time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,768 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Acosta wrote: »
    The only other ad that currently makes me do that is the very upsetting ad about the little boy that was killed by the drunk driver. It's a hard hitting ad, relevant and hopefully will make people think before considering drink driving, but if you're watching football on sky on a Sunday afternoon it's literally on every single ad break.

That ad has been shown so much and for so long I'd say it's lost any impact that it's had. Also I hate the way the nurse speaks on it. All. Of. Those. Pauses.

Bring back the graphic ads. They got people talking.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

My problem with that ad is the way the wife says "it's people from Meath who are careful with their money". There's nothing wrong with being careful with your money, but ive met more than one Cavan person who were the stereotypical Cavan person who would charge you for the steam off their pis$.

Not only did they get paid to do the ad, i bet yer man tried to haggle with them.

I mute the tv very quickly so I have never heard anything past the first words. Her voice goes through my head in a very painful way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 EasyG

Rooney, Cooney & Mooney...
    Blue Cheese.

The Oral B ad that just won't go away.
    It starts off with a woman saying 'Bum!' to the camera and steadily goes downhill from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Them two Welsh brothers going around following the Six Nations with their mammy's purse have surely helped spread the Coronavirus.

• Advertisement

Them two Welsh brothers going around following the Six Nations with their mammy's purse have surely helped spread the Coronavirus.
    Oh I hate it. It has some extreme close-ups we can all do without.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,354 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I'm allergic to 99% of advertising, but I love that one!

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I'm allergic to 99% of advertising, but I love that one!

There's so much pure sh*te advertising out, seems unfair to single them out.

The way things are going you won't be able to say 'pints' on telly anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

maxresdefault.jpg

Velma?

giphy.gif
    Anyone who grew up with the Scooby Doo cartoon can assure you Velma looks nothing like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Dynomutt

She looks like this now:
    Scoob-Velma-First-Look.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

I think it's cos the last one they spent big money on didn't go down too well.

Thats a pretty good ad actually. Some foxy laaaaaadies in it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Anyone who grew up with the Scooby Doo cartoon can assure you Velma looks nothing like that.

Depends on the show you grow up with. After the live action movies, they made Velma cute in the animated TV shows.

That and sassy. And her and Shaggy started dating.

She was a lot of fun on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭radia

Colgate Total ad.
    "Millions of bacterier are hiding in your mouth. Try Colgate Total. It helps fight bacterier."
    Want to punch her every time I hear it. Do they not listen to these people when recording them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭Acosta

There's so much pure sh*te advertising out, seems unfair to single them out.

The way things are going you won't be able to say 'pints' on telly anymore.

That ad doesn't bother me.

On the other hand the vodafone Team of upper middle class ad makes me want to put my foot through the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

It's your friend's birthday, how do you find them the perfect gift?

Oh P**s off Amazon...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

One for some car insurance or something
    “ brother from another mother “ nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    also mentions "sister from another mister"

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Apt8

tedpan wrote: »
    It's your friend's birthday, how do you find them the perfect gift?

Oh P**s off Amazon...

At least the EEEEEEVERYBODY ad is done with, every 15 minutes on some channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

EasyG wrote: »
    Rooney, Cooney & Mooney...
    Blue Cheese.

Who TF gets paid for this sh*te?!

'Did somebody say just eat? mmmmmmmmmmm'

has me doing a quick draw that would put Billy The Kid to shame with the remote to mute it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,281 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

iamwhoiam wrote: »

I think it's a refreshing change from 1950s era idealised husband, wife and 2.5 children, within wedlock of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I think it's a refreshing change from 1950s era idealised husband, wife and 2.5 children, within wedlock of course.

Where are all the divorcees? Broken relationships, fights over who pays the mortgage .... Oh wait Advertising is an idealized form of media. TG for Judge Judy, to show the harsh reality of what happens when a relationship breaks down.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,768 ✭✭✭lertsnim

The new Virgin Media ad with the woman shouting Hey Google is a pain in the hole. She sets off my nest speaker at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Elmo wrote: »
    Where are all the divorcees? Broken relationships, fights over who pays the mortgage .... Oh wait Advertising is an idealized form of media. TG for Judge Judy, to show the harsh reality of what happens when a relationship breaks down.

Enjoy it while you can, Judy's coming to an end this year. Sadly.

I suppose there's Judge Rinder... but I HATE that guy.

• Advertisement

The girl with a super annoying voice saying 'one for you , one for me' etc really loudly. It's for a perfume stupidly called Nomination, which brings to mind gormless teens throwing back pints of larger while filming themselves.

Advertisement