Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Those arses at McDonalds have made an ad with a freaky looking walking happy meal hanging around with the Mr Men.
    Is nothing sacred :(

lertsnim wrote: »
    The new Virgin Media ad with the woman shouting Hey Google is a pain in the hole. She sets off my nest speaker at home.

What was she in before? She’s very familiar.

What was she in before? She’s very familiar.

McDonald's ad with the two girls stuck in a lift think.

McDonald's ad with the two girls stuck in a lift think.

That’s the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭FarmerBrowne

Johnny f'ing Sexton in Mace with that bint behind the Deli counter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

The Tea advert with the aspiring actress, where her sister turns up in America to visit her.

There's something really irritating and cloying about it. Like, I dunno what it is about adverts where you have someone trying to be the best actor/ singer/ artist/ writer etc.
    You can always tell they're average, at best, but the ads (or film) is trying to make out they're AMAZING.

It's fake and cheesy. It doesn't help that the 'lead' in the advert is very cookie cutter looking. Nothing about her stands out as different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Johnny f'ing Sexton in Mace with that bint behind the Deli counter.

With the rugby effectively over any chance these poxy ads could be pulled, particularly that one with the two Welsh twats spending the dead auld wan's money. I want to boot the telly every time it starts.

ollaetta wrote: »
    With the rugby effectively over any chance these poxy ads could be pulled, particularly that one with the two Welsh twats spending the dead auld wan's money. I want to boot the telly every time it starts.

God you'd hope so, wouldn't you? Never mind Sexton's current performance would have you thinking 'Maybe Mace is the problem?'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

I know its been mentioned before but i hate the virgin tv ad. That woman shouting COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE is the most irritating thing on tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,006 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Am I dreaming, or does Allianz have two versions of the tired, clichéd advert showing cycling as something for geeks who don't have cars - one referring to 'Aunt Sue' and one referring to 'Aunt Viv'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭Acosta

This virus is going to be with us for a quite a while so we might be stuck with the current crop of ads we despise. And we'll only hate them more now because we'll be sitting in front of the TV for longer. I suppose some companies have some new ones already in the can. You just know Energia will fart out another one or two. Hopefully Dermot Bannon didn't get past frangipane. Christ, they might start the entire campaign again.

The lady who says 'I'm a stand-up comedian, so peeing myself is an occupational hazard...' What in blue blazes!

You should maybe make the audience pee themselves laughing, but why would she be peeing herself on stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,058 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

I hate the cycling advert of a 'little more space for a lot more safe'

The actors come across as the type of cyclists that break red lights (because they don't drive a car) or cycle on the footpath when suits (again because they don't drive a car)

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭elvis83

"They say your home is your castle. But what if it actually is...a castle?!?!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

That promo for something currently running on BBC where parents embarrass their children by breaking into dance routines. Most annoying of all is the fat Melissa McCarthy lookalike in her dressing gown throwing shapes.

Edit. It's for Zoe Balls radio show.

The lady who says 'I'm a stand-up comedian, so peeing myself is an occupational hazard...' What in blue blazes!

You should maybe make the audience pee themselves laughing, but why would she be peeing herself on stage?

When did any comedian stay on stage for 2+ hours? Its usually 1 hour max and then an intermission. If she can't hold it for an hour, she needs to visit her doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭De Bhál

The actors come across as the type of cyclists that break red lights (because they don't drive a car) or cycle on the footpath when suits (again because they don't drive a car)

God, you're so right...I hate those type of people (because they don't drive cars, good people drive cars)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Yeah it annoys the **** out of me as well - especially the one on roads of 80kph. If the cyclists are 3 abreast (as they usually are) are we all supposed to drive in the central median to give them the required space? Complete bull****.

elvis83 wrote: »
    "They say your home is your castle. But what if it actually is...a castle?!?!"

Her pronunciation of 'Castle' annoys me... is it me, or does she say it more like 'Cast- ell' with emphasis on the 'T'?

I wonder if it's cos yer wan is trying to hide her Cork accent, and it's tripping her up.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭65535

I'm delighted to say I've never seen any of these adverts - at all.
    Stopped watching TV about 7 years ago and have not looked back.

Recently in a friends house I saw why - 20 minutes of adverts per hour on some channels - that's one third of viewing time.

• Advertisement

'Eat them to defeat them' wtf were they on when they came up with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

That ad about the London tube Irish serial killer.
    God I can't stand its tone.
    Surely many of the relatives of his victims are still are around and it comes across as insensitive and ghoulish

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

the new RTE ad.

They've gathered up the most annoying c*nts from the canteen to tell young people to isolate:

that horrible tit Eoghan McDermott and his fringe, the Kavanagh gob****e, Lottie Ryan looking like something out of the Adams family and the singer from Kodaline who takes himself oh so seriously.

You'd be hard pressed to put together a bigger collection of wánkers.

An ad that reminds you of what a terrible bloody place RTE is.

the new RTE ad.

They've gathered up the most annoying c*nts from the canteen to tell young people to isolate:

that horrible tit Eoghan McDermott and his fringe, the Kavanagh gob****e, Lottie Ryan looking like something out of the Adams family and the singer from Kodaline who takes himself oh so seriously.

Didn't Eoghan self isolate 'so-well' he went off to Australia. Or at least he's meant to.

All I'm saying is I will gladly pay to get him to get outta here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Lloydspharmacy advert....

It's not even good enough for a bad youtuber's channel from 2010... I mean, 'bird flu'... That hasn't been a thing since swine flu took over from it.

Just...terrible.

thats the one I've been looking for!!! should have known to search this thread....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,365 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

That Esolief Duo ad, with the awful, AWFUL actors.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Vicxas wrote: »
    That Esolief Duo ad, with the awful, AWFUL actors.

They sound like they're dubbed, though I suspect they're not. Weird stilted tone to the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,281 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

That ad about the London tube Irish serial killer.
    God I can't stand its tone.
    Surely many of the relatives of his victims are still are around and it comes across as insensitive and ghoulish

But we will still rave about US serial killer series on Netflix without caring about relatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

the new RTE ad.

Brilliant! :D

Couldn't agree me, more thoughts exactly. The obligatory Garrihy too of course.

• Advertisement

ligerdub wrote: »
    Brilliant! :D

Couldn't agree me, more thoughts exactly. The obligatory Garrihy too of course.

The good looking one or the one that thinks she’s funny?

Advertisement