Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

"I'm a real hugger" VHI ad is back :(. Timing is key

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I have been watching Frasier on Channel 4 every morning recently. The present sponsor is confused.com, and they feature a Mercedes being driven by a vaguely familiar looking actor who smiles a lot to an applause soundtrack.

Can anyone tell me who he is??
    He's the bloke from their ads with Link Wrays Rumble playing.
    I think the laugh track and background music is because they are sponsoring a sitcom.
    I thought it was Ed Harris at first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

"I'm a real hugger" VHI ad is back :(. Timing is key

oh fook. I'm back BOSSING EVERYONE. Because that's what I LOVE! BOSSING!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

The Elton John ad. Every time I ask myself 'surely Elton gets final say on the cut?' 'was he happy with THAT?' 'Was anyone?' It doesn't even sound anything like the song. Out of tune and barked out by the man himself. Absolutely shocking.

DONT GO BREAKING MA HAAAAAAAAART

optogirl wrote: »
    The Elton John ad. Every time I ask myself 'surely Elton gets final say on the cut?' 'was he happy with THAT?' 'Was anyone?' It doesn't even sound anything like the song. Out of tune and barked out by the man himself. Absolutely shocking.

The rapper sounds crap too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

optogirl wrote: »

Why the heck would Elton John even do an ad for a chocolate bar? It's not as if he needs the money.

ollaetta wrote: »
    Why the heck would Elton John even do an ad for a chocolate bar? It's not as if he needs the money.
    Just for the exposure I suppose. Their agents would have celebs doing ads for incontinence pants as long as it keeps their face in the public eye and pays ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I believe he (Elton John) got £5m for that ad, which he gave to charity. So as much as I hate that ad, I kinda admire him for that......if it’s true of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

The rapper sounds crap too.

Rap is terrible anyway

PG Tips have an ad telling people to 'pop round for a cuppa' with a friend, a relative, a neighbour...
    Eh, no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

I wet myself... Little trickle....... Whoosh. Please, please, please TMI

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

"Coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee" :mad:

This series of ads, infuriating :mad::mad:

"And hows Mum doing?" (VHI ad again) :mad::mad:

Drink driving ad where the music speeds up.

RTE concerned about lack of money. Have a drink driving ad on loop during lockdown.

You couldn't make it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,069 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Drink driving ad where the music speeds up.

RTE concerned about lack of money. Have a drink driving ad on loop during lockdown.

You couldn't make it up.

I thought it was for speeding, either way it's an absolutely dreadful Ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭HBC08

There's a weird implication that that these people are really down with the kids. I suspect they are not.

Eoghan McDermott is not exactly a teenager, despite his collection of Topman shirts and love for sh*t young bands.

And his Picture This tattoo...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

The Amazon music ad. Came dangerously close to hurling remote off telly there.

SOMEBODAAAY SOMEBODDAAYYY

• Registered Users Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭trashcan

Google, play some music. No google, I said music..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

The online ad for vodka - totally dreary after the first watch with seriously OTT music. Why do admakers thing when they create a surprise reveal ad that we will want to endure watching it over and over and over relentlessly.

Maybe they’re secretly selling ad-less online services. I’m beginning to think of investing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

I think we are in a golden age of sh*te ads. What a time to be alive! (and in lockdown)

The NI ad for litter. An important message yes but why have they got Gonzo's Belfast cousin with serious anger issues to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭De Bhál

horse racing ad - lots of fat people shouting at TVs

This shoite! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭hawkwing

I'm the one who has the hall booked till 11 Margaret!.You know who I am:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,936 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

De Bhál wrote: »
    horse racing ad - lots of fat people shouting at TVs

It's so fake, especially the dragged out last bit with the guy in the glasses, why aren't gambling ads banned like cigarettes?

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭All that fandango

Bantry, Doolin, Moycullen....AKKELL. The way he says Achill does have me in stitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

The actress who played Niamh in Fair City is voicing every Covid information ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Schnooks

This series of ads, infuriating :mad::mad:

They were doing ok with this particular ad, till the "back teaching and bossing everyone" line - that is a line that many people associate with teachers, and how they sometimes believe the bossing can carry into their lives outside the school
    walls :P

And it is one of the major reasons why they are not popular with alot of people! VHI would want to re-consider editing out that line ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Schnooks wrote: »
    They were doing ok with this particular ad, till the "back teaching and bossing everyone" line - that is a line that many people associate with teachers, and how they sometimes believe the bossing can carry into their lives outside the school
    walls :P

And it is one of the major reasons why they are not popular with alot of people! VHI would want to re-consider editing out that line ;)

Oh Thank God you said it-was beginning to think it was my own bad luck.

EVERY teacher I met-no matter how far along into their career they are pulls that 'bossy' outside of the classroom thing.

Either that or they talk to you like a child, afraid to swear.

I swear like a sailor, I find that really annoying when someone holds back.

Advertisement