Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Schnooks

Oh Thank God you said it-was beginning to think it was my own bad luck.

EVERY teacher I met-no matter how far along into their career they are pulls that 'bossy' outside of the classroom thing.

Either that or they talk to you like a child, afraid to swear.

I swear like a sailor, I find that really annoying when someone holds back.

Or they pause at the last word or 2 of a sentence and want you to finish it for them like they do with the kids in school :rolleyes: :D

We'll get slated now for trying to turn this into a teacher-bashing thread. Not bashing them in general, just the bossy traits that seem to be common with alot of them, where they don't understand that they are not in a school anymore.

I think it is because back in the day in Ireland, the teacher, doctor and priest were the only educated people in the village, so were treated like they had authority in the community by the ordinary Joe Soaps. Some of them revelled in that status :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

Im a teacher and it get really annoying when if your throwing something up here on boards people are like watching like a hawk for grammer or spelling mistakes, as if your writing a novel. I dont hold back on swearing too much i think , but since becoming a teacher I have become pretty conservative. i was a real laddish young guy growing up, you know that FHM Brit lad culture, going on the lash ending up in kebab shop "fights" at the end of a night, shifting all round, me or acting the maggot at GAA games like giving it loads on terraces while sauced up! usual early 20s fun! anyway some of my casual friends from then have come back from Austalia and i just know there a little bit let down by my new conservatism!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Schnooks

Dickie10 wrote: »
    Im a teacher and it get really annoying when if your throwing something up here on boards people are like watching like a hawk for grammer or spelling mistakes, as if your writing a novel. I dont hold back on swearing too much i think , but since becoming a teacher I have become pretty conservative. i was a real laddish young guy growing up, you know that FHM Brit lad culture, going on the lash ending up in kebab shop "fights" at the end of a night, shifting all round, me or acting the maggot at GAA games like giving it loads on terraces while sauced up! usual early 20s fun! anyway some of my casual friends from then have come back from Austalia and i just know there a little bit let down by my new conservatism!

What are you on about? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,069 ✭✭✭CoBo55

One thing's for certain, you aren't an english teacher:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

That one for Miriam on the radio... Oh your amazing.. Oh Miriam your brilliant.. Give me a break ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

I'm a teacher and it gets really annoying when if you're throwing something up here on boards people are like watching like a hawk for grammar or spelling mistakes, as if you're writing a novel. I don't hold back on swearing too much I think , but since becoming a teacher I have become pretty conservative. I was a real laddish young guy growing up, you know that FHM Brit lad culture, going on the lash ending up in kebab shop "fights" at the end of a night, shifting all round, me, or acting the maggot at GAA games like giving it loads on terraces while sauced up! The usual early 20s fun! Anyway some of my casual friends from then have come back from Austalia and I just know they're a little bit let down by my new conservatism!

2/10 -Poor effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,280 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Will they ever stop playing that one with some godforsaken island that just got the internet? Every second ad break has it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Will they ever stop playing that one with some godforsaken island that just got the internet? Every second ad break has it.

The one with 'the biggest silence is children' or something like that - annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,384 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

The one with 'the biggest silence is children' or something like that - annoying.

i know one of the guys on the advert. runs a boat trip company, hes on vodafone :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

dunno where i was going with that earlier rant, but i know people were just edgeing to get the claws into the teacher ****! i presume people were taking the piss when they started correcting it?! yea the ad with the island is annoying, your man on about decimated with emigration definitly dosent sound like hes from Aranmore islaand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The Its4Women insurance ad has their voice over done by the same voice actor that did the annoying Suzuki Vitara car ad, remember the one where he says hes really successful and about to go into the most important meeting of his life but decides to go joyriding his cheap jeep around a quarry before it.

Anyway the voice overs accent and exaggerated emphasis on certain words really annoys me. Plus it sounds like its a 14 year old is child doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

I worry that they'll get more...'detailed' when talking about other bodily functions in adverts.

Like toilet paper... or tampons...

that new ad on RTE 'can you feel your tampon?'

'you gotta REALLY shove it up there, girls. not just the tip...'

jesus christ like, wtf?!?

This could actually be dialogue from an ad we all hate.....is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

that new ad on RTE 'can you feel your tampon?'

'you gotta REALLY shove it up there, girls. not just the tip...'

jesus christ like, wtf?!?

giphy.gif

Burger king. Ten nuggets for 2.95.

I can't get to burger king, they don't deliver and uber eats isnt in my area.

Irritating.

Tampons and tea....

JEsus.... reminds me of that creep Terry Richardson and his 'tampon tea'...

I thought that was an April fools joke at first.

https://www.campaignlive.co.uk/article/tampax-tackles-tampon-discomfort-advertising-first/1678936

Tampax is addressing the issue of tampon discomfort on the small screen in its latest TV campaign, launching today (1 April) and running until the end of September,

"We found from consumer surveys, interviews and focus groups that UK women of all ages were experiencing discomfort when using a tampon. Many felt that tampons just ‘weren’t for them’, but we believe the problem is with incorrect insertion. The ‘light bulb moment’ for many women will be the fact that, if you can feel the tampon inside you, it’s probably not in far enough."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The Kellogs one where the lad in the office pours a bowl of cornflakes and then this woman comes over and gets right in his face like she wants a square go. Grabs a big fistful of cornflakes from his bowl and eats one before turning on her heel and walking off. She's looking at him the whole time like 'wtf ya gonna do about it?'.
    it's possible that the writers intended the scene to be flirtatious but it actually comes across like bullying in the workplace.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Oh God, I've just seen the tampon one. What a patronising load of bo!!o×. Just another marketing ploy to make feminine hygiene products even more expensive.

• Advertisement

"Let's talk about leaky bladders".

Let's not.

There will be no new ads made for a while :)
    Unless it's those old fashioned ones with a still picture and a voice over we used to have.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Oh God, I've just seen the tampon one. What a patronising load of bo!!o×. Just another marketing ploy to make feminine hygiene products even more expensive.

I've said it before, women must get fed up of the tampon/liner adds with their patronizing themes. "With this product, i feel happy to go mountain biking". At that time of the month my ex was fit for baggy pyjamas and the couch, plus lots of chocolate.

For a while my favorite ad on TV was the gymnast on her period, bending all over the place. As a red-blooded male I loved it, my inner feminist however, not so much.

Hey Google, play some sh1t music.

https://www.campaignlive.co.uk/article/tampax-tackles-tampon-discomfort-advertising-first/1678936

Tampax is addressing the issue of tampon discomfort on the small screen in its latest TV campaign, launching today (1 April) and running until the end of September,

It's not an April fools- April Fools end after the day is over. This is still on TV.

For a while my favorite ad on TV was the gymnast on her period, bending all over the place. As a red-blooded male I loved it, my inner feminist however, not so much.

Well there's your problem right there-become an egalitarian. Anything modern day feminist related always ends up bad.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

It's not an April fools- April Fools end after the day is over. This is still on TV.

Well there's your problem right there-become an egalitarian. Anything modern day feminist related always ends up bad.

Ends at noon, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Just saw the Tampax ad fir the first time during the Late Late show last night and it was a real WTF? moment. The tagline 'Get it up you girls' matched with the tacky tv show and audience live setting really is a sight to behold.

There will be no new ads made for a while :)
    Unless it's those old fashioned ones with a still picture and a voice over we used to have.

Dont go for a walk...but if you must insist, no more than 2 km!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,554 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

This series of ads, infuriating :mad::mad:

If I told any of my teachers there voices sound funny. They wouldn't have being long telling me where to go.

• Advertisement

Dont go for a walk...but if you must insist, no more than 2 km!!

Why are those three women taking that blind frenchman home; the lucky git.

Advertisement