Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

optogirl wrote: »
    sexually aroused granny watching a romcom with a teenage girl to sell broadband. Imagine if it was a granddad & young boy...cannot fathom the conversation that went on that led to this being deemed a good idea.

Head & Shoulders ladies, who've manged to avoid mirrors and reflective surfaces for some time, absolutely THRILLED with their hair.

Trivago woman has gone from slightly annoying to full on bizarre - they have her tap dancing around like a dervish now.

ANY health insurance ads where they claim to really care about us. Please F off

I agree with all your other posts but i will not have you give out about Trivago girl. She's amazing.
    Even though they are making her do stuff now when she was perfectly fine before. Dunno what that's about.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

The AIB ad. for small loans, where the girl goes out to find her partner has bought her a car with the loan.

She drives off without even checking in the mirror to see if anything is coming.

Now you know why car insurance costs are rising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Graigmanliam

Also what are these "brownie points" she goes on about, is there a certain amount of points a dublin husband has to earn before she leaves him and takes half of everything

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

I think that was a code word for something else......

Also what are these "brownie points" she goes on about, is there a certain amount of points a dublin husband has to earn before she leaves him and takes half of everything

You never heard the phrase brownie points?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Graigmanliam

You never heard the phrase brownie points?
    How many points has your other half earned with ya, enough for a lovely new car

How many points has your other half earned with ya, enough for a lovely new car

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

The new chill insurance ad with Jennifer Maguire with the needle in a hay stack. Feck off!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

valoren wrote: »
    The Boots ad about the one Teacher school and the importance of taking fizzy vitamins.

Where the Teacher says "I'm very conscious of becoming sick."

The way she pronounces 'sick' as in si-kuh just irritates the fúcking hell out of me every time. :mad::mad::mad:

Any irritation from that ad is more than made up for by the pharmacist ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The ad for VIPoo spray.
    I thought it was a joke ad but it's very real.
    You spray it in the loo before you poo and apparently there'll be no poo smell.
    I give up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Anyone else find the ad for the 'wondercore' disturbing? The way they all smile when working out is very freaky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

"All the girls goin' round like **** coz there ain't no harm in that girl.... there ain't no harm in that girl.... "
    Those stupid stupid STUPID ads for Money Supermarket with the strutters and the builders.Hated them ever since they started off a few years ago.
    Need I say anymore........

• Registered Users Posts: 24,395 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

"All the girls goin' round like **** coz there ain't no harm in that girl.... there ain't no harm in that girl.... "
    Those stupid stupid STUPID ads for Money Supermarket with the strutters and the builders.Hated them ever since they started off a few years ago.
    Need I say anymore........

I was just about to post that ad

It wasn't funny yeas ago

It's massively less so now

Typical ad exec wackiness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

Modern marketing is ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

It's "there aint no hollerback girl" not "harm in that girl" but yeah very annoying ad. Sick of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

fussyonion wrote: »
    It's "there aint no hollerback girl" not "harm in that girl" but yeah very annoying ad. Sick of it.

Thanks!
    I don't know that song very well apart from the fact that she says "shít" a lot in it.
    The ad is shockingly,and to some extent disgustingly,bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

the Nutella "pancake tuesday" advert with the kids singing about pancakes to the tune of yankee doodle. Seems to be UK only.

The sound of children singing in twee, gleeful unison about a product that looks and tastes like an industrial byproduct fills me with impotent rage.

I will kill again.

woejus wrote: »
    the Nutella "pancake tuesday" advert with the kids singing about pancakes to the tune of yankee doodle. Seems to be UK only.

The sound of children singing in twee, gleeful unison about a product that looks and tastes like an industrial byproduct fills me with impotent rage.

I will kill again.

They also couldnt find anything to rhyme with Nutella so sort of mumble that part. Its sounds like they say "Pancake tuesday is stella" :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

They also couldnt find anything to rhyme with Nutella so sort of mumble that part. Its sounds like they say "Pancake tuesday is stella" :confused:

Without having seen the ad.... stellar perhaps? In an English accent??

Without having seen the ad.... stellar perhaps? In an English accent??

Well maybe, but stellar doesnt rhyme with Nutella.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    "I'm Hannawah"
    Thanks to this ad, I will never buy a Hyundai.

Perhaps the new Ford Couger, perhaps perhaps perhaps

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

That Aldi ad with Paul O'Connell and the little rugrat doing the running commentary. That kid needs to drink a big cup of STFU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

The broadband adds:

1. 'We've become the binge watchers. The secret episode viewers. The...' - no 'we' haven't. You have, you group-thinking twat.

2. Girl to boy in bath watching a show on laptop: *in the most frustratingly subservient, doormat, little mouse, Corkonian tone of voice* '.. you've been in there ages..', 'Are you going to be much longer?'.

Both grind my gears to the point I think an eternal sleep seems more appealing than having to watch those 'aren't we hip' ads once more.

The broadband adds:

1. 'We've become the binge watchers. The secret episode viewers. The...' - no 'we' haven't. You have, you group-thinking twat.

2. Girl to boy in bath watching a show on laptop: *in the most frustratingly subservient, doormat, little mouse, Corkonian tone of voice* '.. you've been in there ages..', 'Are you going to be much longer?'.

Both grind my gears to the point I think an eternal sleep seems more appealing than having to watch those 'aren't we hip' ads once more.

I personally think the subservient corkonian is adorable. Less of yer man in the bath would be nice though.

Do people really bring their tablet into the bathroom with them? I bring my phone but I'd be afraid the steam might damage the tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I personally think the subservient corkonian is adorable.
    with the inflection in her voice it sounds like she is talking to a 4 year old girl, who might be stuck on the toilet or something, not a 40+ year old man in the jacks with a pig.

The vodafone "Moist Granny" is still by far the most questionable character though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I always wondered about the chill insurance one where the woman in the couple in the restaurant dangles car keys and says 'cheaper car insurance' despite having two classes of wine in front of them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I think it's an ad for a bank, two hipster eejits dancing around a living room decorated with horrible retro 70s wallpaper. I saw that paper first time round, and it was horrible then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

madmaggie wrote: »
    I think it's an ad for a bank, two hipster eejits dancing around a living room decorated with horrible retro 70s wallpaper. I saw that paper first time round, and it was horrible then.

KBC I think.

rubadub wrote: »
    with the inflection in her voice it sounds like she is talking to a 4 year old girl, who might be stuck on the toilet or something, not a 40+ year old man in the jacks with a pig.

The inflection in her voice is demonstrating that he has been in there for ages, which makes sense if he is watching Saw 3 or whatever on his tablet. I don't know how long the average bath takes but 2 hours seems excessive to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

rubadub wrote: »

Yes, she's doing that, or being passive aggressive. It's boiling my blood thinking about it.

Advertisement