Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭trashcan

"Let's talk about leaky bladders".

Let's not.

Ha. My reaction exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Why are those three women taking that blind frenchman home; the lucky git.

Thats Andre of put some butter on the spuds there fame. Looks like he might score with the ban garda too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The 3 ad on Aranmore; "This is my office, I have to have that connectivity" says the fisherman. Did he not know how to fish before the internet came along or something? Lads have been doing it for thousands of years but this chap sounds like he needs a few instructional Youtube videos while he's out on the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Muahahaha wrote: »
    The 3 ad on Aranmore; "This is my office, I have to have that connectivity" says the fisherman. Did he not know how to fish before the internet came along or something? Lads have been doing it for thousands of years but this chap sounds like he needs a few instructional Youtube videos while he's out on the water.
    These days it's the only way you'll know that the idea was put on file, in a filing cabinet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Muahahaha wrote: »
    The 3 ad on Aranmore; "This is my office, I have to have that connectivity" says the fisherman. Did he not know how to fish before the internet came along or something?

net access is essential for a fisherman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

'It's totally natural to reach for lube...' another one thats just a bit TMI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FyWULO5BTk

(haven't seen an erectile dysfunction ad in a while...)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

'It's totally natural to reach for lube...' another one thats just a bit TMI.

(haven't seen an erectile dysfunction ad in a while...)

Oh thanks for reminding me of that advert....

Ugh, it was on for a year, and then they quickly killed it off. I can understand the 'intention' behind it.
    But the ad itsself was uncomfortably too 'friendly'.

Similar to the thrush advert.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭Acosta

"And how's Mum doing?"

"Ehhhhhhhhh.."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,587 ✭✭✭jackboy

Acosta wrote: »
    "And how's Mum doing?"

"Ehhhhhhhhh.."

And then the doctor gives this weird look to the mother, as if she is talking to a nutcase.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

jackboy wrote: »
    And then the doctor gives this weird look to the mother, as if she is talking to a nutcase.

The mother is pretty hot though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Those bloody Candy Crush ads are getting on my nerves.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭FarmerBrowne

Hey Google, play some sh1t music.

Coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee.

She is a bit of a hottie though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The ads that show what Santa Claus does on the other 364 days of the year.
    It wasn't easy but they have made one of the worlds most beloved characters look like a total bellend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

She is a bit of a hottie though.

Ah steady on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Why would Fairy hire Vogue whatsherface to do an ad?

What is the appeal of this human?

Are there really grown men and women out there who would be influenced by her?

Why would anyone encourage her?

Her agent must be able to wrangle some good money for her.

All I ever see when she appears on TV is this.

e72a502785fdb3bb7ca921c325f89bd5.jpg

The mother is pretty hot though

She was in another ad previous to that one I think but I can’t remember what it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

You could land a plane on her chin

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

You could land a plane on her chin

It wouldn't look out of place on Mt. Rushmore

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

She craves the attention.

Think about it. She first came into the public eye as the wife of Brian McFadden. All the bells and whistles associated with a "celeb couple".

That went belly-up and she started to branch into a more serious career of investigative journalism. Had a few RTE docs etc. Became her own person.

And then she gets with the latest fella-surprise surprise a "celeb" too. Reality TV no less, the bastion of high culture. Oddly enough, her career has for some reason taken a back-seat yet again. I wonder why?

The likes of her and her constant need for fame is why this generation is more or less f*cked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,280 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

"Theodore".

A name more suitable for a big black guy or one of the Chipmunks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭CoBo55

"Theodore".

A name more suitable for a big black guy or one of the Chipmunks.

Now I know the ad, it’s embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

The likes of her and her constant need for fame is why this generation is more or less f*cked.

100%.

Shameless 'famous for being famous' stuff. She was being pushed upon audiences as a voice of the young generation at one point. She made a few appearances on Brendan O'Connor's Cutting Edge and even had a newspaper column in which she made some moronic comment about refugee camps or something. Didn't go down well.

So the latest is trying to capitalize on parenthood now. What's next? A lifestyle book for model 'Mummies'? A series of documentaries on raising kids in modern Ireland? A line of overpriced Mummy wear?

Pretty sick that there are companies enabling this person who is hell bent on a media career despite having zero to offer audiences. There must a lot of impressionable, vacuous young women buying into it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

100%.

Shameless 'famous for being famous' stuff. She was being pushed upon audiences as a voice of the young generation at one point. She made a few appearances on Brendan O'Connor's Cutting Edge and even had a newspaper column in which she made some moronic comment about refugee camps or something. Didn't go down well.

So the latest is trying to capitalize on parenthood now. What's next? A lifestyle book for model 'Mummies'? A series of documentaries on raising kids in modern Ireland? A line of overpriced Mummy wear?

Pretty sick that there are companies enabling this person who is hell bent on a media career despite having zero to offer audiences. There must a lot of impressionable, vacuous young women buying into it though.

There's a plethora of people (mostly women) that seem to be darlings of media executives and seem to be everywhere despite being about as popular as standing in dogsh*t in your bare-feet.

A few that spring to mind:

- The aforementioned Vogue
    - Amy Huberman
    - Mairead Farrell

When it comes to the more serious stuff you could also count Norah Casey for a while.

You could throw in the likes of Dermot Bannon I suppose, but in fairness to him although he is everywhere he does at least draw an audience.

She craves the attention.

Think about it. She first came into the public eye as the wife of Brian McFadden. All the bells and whistles associated with a "celeb couple".

That went belly-up and she started to branch into a more serious career of investigative journalism. Had a few RTE docs etc. Became her own person.

And then she gets with the latest fella-surprise surprise a "celeb" too. Reality TV no less, the bastion of high culture. Oddly enough, her career has for some reason taken a back-seat yet again. I wonder why?

Fade Street-that's what got her noticed first. Everyone forgets Fade Street... RTE's answer to 'The Hills', or 'Orange County' or whatever sh** you can think of.
    It was pants-around that time TV3 and RTE were in constant competition to produce the sh**iest TV. (TV3 did Dublin Housewives, a show that was curiously absent of actual 'wives' since most of em were either unmarried, single, or single parents who never married. One of em complained she wasn't paid enough-she got 1000 quid for the entire series).

Vogue then got with McFadden, even sold a program about 'getting ready for their wedding' or some s**t.

Her appearances on Cutting Edge were often hilarious-notably Niamh Horan literally calling her out on her bulls**t. Vogue was like a deer in headlights, she wasn't used to people calling her out. And she couldn't hit the block button on real life.

ligerdub wrote: »
    There's a plethora of people (mostly women) that seem to be darlings of media executives and seem to be everywhere despite being about as popular as standing in dogsh*t in your bare-feet.

A few that spring to mind:

- The aforementioned Vogue
    - Amy Huberman
    - Mairead Farrell

When it comes to the more serious stuff you could also count Norah Casey for a while.

You could throw in the likes of Dermot Bannon I suppose, but in fairness to him although he is everywhere he does at least draw an audience.

Allison Spittle is creeping back in there too.

I would add Stefanie Preissner to that list, but she had the chutzpah and intelligence to back up her s**t.
    Doesn't get up herself, and is happy to talk to people on twitter or insta.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Her agent must be able to wrangle some good money for her.

All I ever see when she appears on TV is this.

e72a502785fdb3bb7ca921c325f89bd5.jpg

Hang on, Vogue reminds you of a cleaner fish?

:pac:

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    Hang on, Vogue reminds you of a cleaner fish?

:pac:

Yes-her mouth is HUGE...

That advert does a zoom in, and it scares the crap out of me. I keep thinking she'll bite my face off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Yes-her mouth is HUGE...

That advert does a zoom in, and it scares the crap out of me. I keep thinking she'll bite my face off.

I know. You may not have noticed the little guy inside the massive mouth.

• Advertisement

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    I know. You may not have noticed the little guy inside the massive mouth.

Oh, you mean Theodore?

:)

Advertisement