Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Fade Street-that's what got her noticed first. Everyone forgets Fade Street....

oh I remember Fade Street alright.I was going to mention it but I just couldn't bring myself to talk about it.

Can you imagine the gall it takes to decide you're gonna take someone from that show and try to transform them into a credible individual. I'm struggling to think of another Reality TV persona that doesn't at least sing or dance and got that treatment.

Probably best to look on the bright side and thank our lucky stars that she's the only one out of the cast to have stuck around on television. Although she was probably the worst of the lot

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Aside from Vogue doing that Fairy Liquid ad I cant stand some of the moralising these companies do. I think parents are smart enough to know you dont allow babies to chew through Fairy Liquid tabs without making an ad telling us about it.

Same goes for Heineken and their drink driving ads, I think everyone has gotten the memo on drink driving but heres a beer company making ads about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

alison spittle christ , i mean i think if she were less physically imposing would she be as funny?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

oh I remember Fade Street alright.I was going to mention it but I just couldn't bring myself to talk about it.

Can you imagine the gall it takes to decide you're gonna take someone from that show and try to transform them into a credible individual. I'm struggling to think of another Reality TV persona that doesn't at least sing or dance and got that treatment.

Probably best to look on the bright side and thank our lucky stars that she's the only one out of the cast to have stuck around on television. Although she was probably the worst of the lot

Kim Kardashian-became famous for a sex tape. (Which was more than likely leaked on the internet by her own 'team').

Now she's somehow the 'foremost' authority on s**t.

To paraphrase Adam Hill, 'It's not Keeping up with the Kardashians, its lowering your standards for the Kardashians'.

The Dinosaurs got lucky....they were wiped out before the earth went to crap.

Dickie10 wrote: »
    alison spittle christ , i mean i think if she were less physically imposing would she be as funny?

Is 'physically imposing' the new safeword for 'fat'? (Speaking as a fat individual myself).

She's very difficult on the eyes , frankly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

i thought it might not be safe enough. but yes. like all her gags are mostly about her awkwardness and overly put on bogger accent. why is it that when some people speak you just know they are large? u know it without seeing them. and a lot of the time you can tell if someone is hot by the way they speak and not talking accent

Is 'physically imposing' the new safeword for 'fat'? (Speaking as a fat individual myself).

She's very difficult on the eyes , frankly.

And ears.

And ears.

Well that too. Doesn't she have a podcast? Has anyone listened to it?

Well that too. Doesn't she have a podcast? Has anyone listened to it?

I heard the Mrs listening to it once but about 30 seconds was enough. She’s up there with listening to Suzanne Kane on the ‘nails down a blackboard’ levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Same goes for Heineken and their drink driving ads, I think everyone has gotten the memo on drink driving but heres a beer company making ads about it.

That Nico Rosberg has got a seriously punchable face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭FarmerBrowne

Her mouth in that advert is one of the scariest things you will ever see on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭p to the e

There is no way Vogue was born a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Aside from Vogue doing that Fairy Liquid ad I cant stand some of the moralising these companies do. I think parents are smart enough to know you dont allow babies to chew through Fairy Liquid tabs without making an ad telling us about it.

Why is nobody asking Fairy why they make their liquid tabs look like Ever Lasting Gobstoppers from Willy Wonka's chocolate factory? Please don't let your children eat our squidgy colourful capsules of goo!

Her mouth in that advert is one of the scariest things you will ever see on TV.

She always reminds me of Dustin from Stranger Things. Especially around the mouth!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Lads ye are only giving Vogue fuel to keep going when ye talk about her mouth. The main way she manages to keep in the public eye is by doing interviews about people body-shaming her online.
    She probably does a google search for 'Vogues mouth' first thing every morning, looking for ammo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Wasn't there another one with a weird name on it, Coco or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Tampons. You gotta get them up there girls. Unreal how this is on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The Virgin media ad, with that awful racket, so called music. Migraine inducing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

madmaggie wrote: »
    The Virgin media ad, with that awful racket, so called music. Migraine inducing.

Oh thank god im not the only one who despises that ad

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Autosport wrote: »
    Oh thank god im not the only one who despises that ad

+1 coffee coffee coffee does my fuppin head in

• Advertisement

They seem to have gone back to the longer version now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

They seem to have gone back to the longer version now too.

Spotted that last night

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Also, it keeps triggering my nest mini. I thought adverts weren't supposed to use real trigger words (OK/Hey Google, Alexa, Siri, Cortana etc)

flazio wrote: »
    Also, it keeps triggering my nest mini. I thought adverts weren't supposed to use real trigger words (OK/Hey Google, Alexa, Siri, Cortana etc)

Lots of other people here triggered as well :p

Tampons. You gotta get them up there girls. Unreal how this is on TV.

Wonder when adverts over here will switch to the 'red' liquid instead of the blue one.

Also, anyone notice the 'Stay indoors, be creative' thing was dropped very quickly by RTE?

Almost as if the people in the advert were concerned with being 'seen' in a time of lockdown than they were in actually being creative. :rolleyes:

Literally only two people from that advert actually posted anything... and it was braindead rubbish you'd see every day of the week on tiktok or youtube.,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭CoBo55

madmaggie wrote: »
    Your man at the end speaking without moving his mouth absolutely does my head in:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Why would Fairy hire Vogue whatsherface to do an ad?

What is the appeal of this human?

Are there really grown men and women out there who would be influenced by her?

Why would anyone encourage her?

It is the worst as on television at the moment. She is incredibly wooden as she reads her lines. It amazes me that anybody is influenced by these fame hungry idiots.

lertsnim wrote: »
    It is the worst as on television at the moment. She is incredibly wooden as she reads her lines. It amazes me that anybody is influenced by these fame hungry idiots.

It's tragic how folks went from being influenced by the likes of actors, musicians, or athletes ( to name a few) to absolute nothings like Vogue.

Like, say what you will about the previous 'influencers'-the athletes and so on-but they at least worked to earn a status.
    Even musicians-they had a genuine talent at writing or singing. Actors (and their ilk) reminded you to stay creative, to not lose your inner kid.

Now you have 'reality' tv people, or 'influencers' whose entire existence is a bloody pyramid scheme. Rope in suckers to follow them, follow their stories, and buy what they promote and other s**t.
    No pushing yourself, no working towards a goal... just leech off of attention.No hard work required.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

It's tragic how folks went from being influenced by the likes of actors, musicians, or athletes ( to name a few) to absolute nothings like Vogue.

Like, say what you will about the previous 'influencers'-the athletes and so on-but they at least worked to earn a status.
    Even musicians-they had a genuine talent at writing or singing. Actors (and their ilk) reminded you to stay creative, to not lose your inner kid.

Now you have 'reality' tv people, or 'influencers' whose entire existence is a bloody pyramid scheme. Rope in suckers to follow them, follow their stories, and buy what they promote and other s**t.
    No pushing yourself, no working towards a goal... just leech off of attention.No hard work required.

Exactly.

The only people who should be famous are those that did so by becoming known due to their talents. So actors, singers, sports-stars, authors. Anyone that doesn't fall into those categories and who chase fame regardless should be medically assessed.

I hope when normality is restored, these vacuous, attention-seeking nobodies are a thing of the past.

• Advertisement

Exactly.

The only people who should be famous are those that did so by becoming known due to their talents. So actors, singers, sports-stars, authors. Anyone that doesn't fall into those categories and who chase fame regardless should be medically assessed.

I hope when normality is restored, these vacuous, attention-seeking nobodies are a thing of the past.

They're meant to be psychologically assessed.

Sadly, so many suicides connected with reality TV leads me to think that it's cursory.
    Either that or they're told 'no' by so many psychologists, they find the dodgy psychologist who will say 'yes'.

Advertisement