Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭scoobydude

+1 coffee coffee coffee does my fuppin head in

It's 5 coffees: Coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee

Each one off beat with the tempo of the song

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Yes and I don't have to keep on listening to them to know what it is!

They're like the adverts for headcold or flu remedies (yer lemsip or whatever). I know they mean well, I know the message is a positive one...

But I have to put em on mute. I start to feel ill the more I listen to em.

scoobydude wrote: »
    Order directly from the takeaway if possible, just eat charge them 13% commission

There are very few takeaways with as good an ordering and notification system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭scoobydude

There are very few takeaways with as good an ordering and notification system.

That's probably true, I've had some shocking experiences with JE though, so avoid them when I can

scoobydude wrote: »
    That's probably true, I've had some shocking experiences with JE though, so avoid them when I can

I've never ordered from Dominoes, and I never will.

Too many horror stories from friends and acquaintances-usually resulting in '72 hours sitting on the bowl' with food poisoning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Was watching the 5.30 TV3 news yesterday (Collette Fitzpatrick, hubba, hubba) and the ad break they had was only three ads long. TV3 were the Irish pioneers of the five minute ad break with six minute ones during Champions League and Six Nations so it felt surreal for them to have one only 3 ads long. Their advertisers must have scrambled due to nothing being open to buy their products.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Was watching the 5.30 TV3 news yesterday (Collette Fitzpatrick, hubba, hubba)

God yeah! A total stealth fox if ever there was one. Gorgeous.

ligerdub wrote: »
    God yeah! A total stealth fox if ever there was one. Gorgeous.

I've met her in person.

I'd never go out with a girl from Tipperary-but if I met someone like her, I would completely break that rule.
    She's absolutely beautiful, and very down to earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Collette is like a fine wine, she gets better with age.

Claire Byrne the same, never really found her that attractive when she was first at TV3 in her late 20s but now shes a total babe

I've met her in person.

I'd never go out with a girl from Tipperary-but if I met someone like her, I would completely break that rule.
    She's absolutely beautiful, and very down to earth.

i can confirm, other than Collette herself, that the other women from Tipperary are inconsolable with this revelation and are asking whether you would consider a change of heart at any stage? :pac:

• Advertisement

i can confirm, other than Collette herself, that the other women from Tipperary are inconsolable with this revelation and are asking whether you would consider a change of heart at any stage? :pac:

I'll have a Public Statement written up for tomorrow, hoping to broadcast on Zoom by about 9pm, after Tony Holohan's covid-19 update.

I will add a cursory 'if you look like Collette, there will be exceptions made' to the speech.

I'm sure that will ease the suffering during this Covid-19 crisis. :P

I'll have a Public Statement written up for tomorrow, hoping to broadcast on Zoom by about 9pm, after Tony Holohan's covid-19 update.

I will add a cursory 'if you look like Collette, there will be exceptions made' to the speech.

I'm sure that will ease the suffering during this Covid-19 crisis. :P

So Roz Purcell and Una Healy need not apply?? :D

So Roz Purcell and Una Healy need not apply?? :D

I've oddly never seen the attraction for Una, or Roz.

I know that's odd. I know I'm an exception to the rule. But I just don't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The 'music' in some ads actually hurts your brain.
    God be with the days when they tried to come up with pleasing jingles that were easy on the ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,066 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I heard the Beatles come together being sqwaked by some young one earlier... eemm that's not what that song is about:o

CoBo55 wrote: »
    I heard the Beatles come together being sqwaked by some young one earlier... eemm that's not what that song is about:o

Next you'll be telling me 'Black bird' is about an African American Woman.*

*(It actually is, in case folks don't know, or think I'm being racist.)

Sky bingo I think. It's a series of ads with 2 people sitting on a sofa and a really annoying twat doing a voice over.

He is trying to sound like Alan Carr but fails miserably. Dear God he is so ****ing annoying.

That stupid manc fox in the suit as well. So sick of him.

Sky bingo I think. It's a series of ads with 2 people sitting on a sofa and a really annoying twat doing a voice over.

He is trying to sound like Alan Carr but fails miserably. Dear God he is so ****ing annoying.

That stupid manc fox in the suit as well. So sick of him.

Is that Joel Dommett doing the voiceover?

Yeah... the fox annoyed the hell out of me. They had Heather Graham in those ads for a while. She's alright to look at, but can't act to save her life.

Is that Joel Dommett doing the voiceover?

Yeah... the fox annoyed the hell out of me. They had Heather Graham in those ads for a while. She's alright to look at, but can't act to save her life.
    Don't know who he is, that is the only time I've ever heard him and I never want to encounter him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Butson

The Three mobile ad with the lads doing the football, keepy uppy thing.

Seriously, brutal.

• Advertisement

I've oddly never seen the attraction for Una, or Roz.

I know that's odd. I know I'm an exception to the rule. But I just don't get it.

Una yes please, Roz has ad a bit of work done so no thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 29,004 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Their advertisers must have scrambled due to nothing being open to buy their products.
    Though interesting to see a big advertising spender like Vodafone has rushed out their 'isolation' ad - looks to be a compilation of stock video clips or social media clips - fair play to them for getting something into production so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,277 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Kerrygold classic one being re-aired, foxy French lady and sour faced oul wan.

Kerrygold classic one being re-aired, foxy French lady and sour faced oul wan.

She has a jaw line I’d love to have myself.

Una yes please, Roz has ad a bit of work done so no thanks

Tbf, Una's had some 'touch ups' too.

She's looking too 'barbie' doll lately. More so than Roz.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

The amount of fanny pad ads on the telly. Is there really need to have a wan on talking about pissing herself when she laughs, while I'm trying to have a cup of tea?

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    The amount of fanny pad ads on the telly. Is there really need to have a wan on talking about pissing herself when she laughs, while I'm trying to have a cup of tea?

Wait until they start using the Red liquid, instead of the blue.

It's happened in other countries,its gonna happen here.

They use the blue liquid for every bodily fluid (like in nappies, for example) do we really need it to be realistic?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    ... Is there really need to have a wan on talking about pissing herself when she laughs, while I'm trying to have a cup of tea?

My partner's mother made exactly that point yesterday evening on facetime, "I was making a cup before ringing ye, first there's wan gonna flood the house with piss then some buck that **** the bed." I laughed so I nearly wet the sofa.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭pcasso

madmaggie wrote: »
    The Virgin media ad, with that awful racket, so called music. Migraine inducing.
    Anybody know what other ad the female in it was in.
    Driving me mad trying to figure it out

• Advertisement

pcasso wrote: »
    Anybody know what other ad the female in it was in.
    Driving me mad trying to figure it out

McDonalds, stuck in the lift.

Advertisement