Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    The amount of fanny pad ads on the telly. Is there really need to have a wan on talking about pissing herself when she laughs, while I'm trying to have a cup of tea?

The new one about tampons and how to stick them in correctly is totally cringe.
    I'm not a prude but I don't know if it's suitable for pre watershed. It's on a lot of evenings around 8.45.
    I don't want to be asked by a child what 'get em up there girls' means.
    Seems a crude way to advertise tampons.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

The AIB bankers have regurgitated that super annoying ad with the lights in the buildings coming on slowly to music, Blur's - Tender, it now has a Covid-19 message and some dope saying "cocooning", aaaarrrrggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!, feck off!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,277 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The AIB bankers have regurgitated that super annoying ad with the lights in the buildings coming on slowly to music, Blur's - Tender, it now has a Covid-19 message and some dope saying "cocooning", aaaarrrrggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!, feck off!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Banking ads have become more patronising lately, soothing female voiceovers...something, something cocooning, something these most challenging of times we'll look after you and wrap you in a nice snuggly cosy blanket, cue kiddies music box soundtrack.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Banking ads have become more patronising lately, soothing female voiceovers...something, something cocooning, something these most challenging of times we'll look after you and wrap you in a nice snuggly cosy blanket, cue kiddies music box soundtrack.

I suggest the following tag line: “AIB. Bailed out by the Irish taxpayer in 1985 and in 2009”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Its4Women have had the crappest adverts from the beginning. They just continue to get worse.

The one that says "I like to do mine online" sounds more like she's looking for an afternoon of no strings sex.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Seamai wrote: »
    The one that says "I like to do mine online" sounds more like she's looking for an afternoon of no strings sex.

It's innuendo. Unfortunately, because it's an its4women advert, it's s**t.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭niallo76

CoBo55 wrote: »
    That ad is absolutely dreadful. Never in my life have I heard anyone saying po-tat -oh, give them two months and they’ll be killing each other.

I wish death on both of them..also the dish they make looks like the blandest dish imaginable

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Oh my sweet baby jesus. RTE have a twist on the Covid 19 message now, with Bridget from Bridget and Eamon telling a few women to stay indoors.

In that RTE-produced comedy sort of way- un-funny and very loud.

It can feck right off. I would nearly definitely rather get a dose of covid than be forced to sit through an episode of that.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Seamai wrote: »

I love how she sounds so smug about it, a lot of people do it online. The insurance that is :pac:

Oh my sweet baby jesus. RTE have a twist on the Covid 19 message now, with Bridget from Bridget and Eamon telling a few women to stay indoors.

In that RTE-produced comedy sort of way- un-funny and very loud.

It can feck right off. I would nearly definitely rather get a dose of covid than be forced to sit through an episode of that.

It's also extremely dodgy..

Bridget and Eamonn is set in the 80s or 90s. (don't know which decade, I'm not watching an episode to find out).

They didn't have Covid-19 in the 80s, or 90s.

Round that time, the biggest virus concern for folks in the 80s and 90s was the HIV and AIDS virus.
    So her attitude, and her 'stay inside, don't get it'... is sort of similar to the homophobia of the era.
    That and the homosexual beatings.

RTE didn't think it through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭All that fandango

"Yer in ma heeeaaad, aaallwaaayss....aaallwaaaaayyss.....aallwwaayss"

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭All that fandango

Kerrygold classic one being re-aired, foxy French lady and sour faced oul wan.

Think yer one was German, and the mother in law, she'd break your jaw with a dirty look.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The phenomenon hasnt gone unnoticed. Forbes wrote an article about it the other day entitled "Every Single Covid 19 Ad is the Exact Same"
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/avidan/2020/04/19/every-covid-19-commercial-is-exactly-the-same/

Here is a supercut of American TV ads running over there at the moment. Every single one from Facebook to Bank of America is running the exact same ad, mood music, difficult times, family, looking after yourself all feature heavily before the corporation tells us they are here for us and that we'll get through this together :rolleyes:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Those too, but I was thinking more of the horrible rap and drum and bass type of stuff. Dissonant is the only way to describe it, listening to it gives me the same experience as when the dentist drills your tooth.

That 'music' is on every ad and in every shop these days and it's absolutely awful. Used to take a shortcut through JD sports or whatever it is in cork city before, has to stop over that music, rather take the extra 2-3 minutes to walk the long way and bear 20 seconds of that dross.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

That 'music' is on every ad and in every shop these days and it's absolutely awful. Used to take a shortcut through JD sports or whatever it is in cork city before, has to stop over that music, rather take the extra 2-3 minutes to walk the long way and bear 20 seconds of that dross.

If I hear one more pretentious **** of a company referencing “stay at home” I will drive something through the TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Think yer one was German, and the mother in law, she'd break your jaw with a dirty look.

No that's the later 'sexy foreign wan' and hatchet faced Irish Mammy ad for Kerrygold. It's a winning formula for them.

A horse to France and a sod of turf to Germany. Hope Foot & Mouth doesn't make a come back.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Blaze420 wrote: »
    If I hear one more pretentious **** of a company referencing “stay at home” I will drive something through the TV.

I seem to have gotten emails from every company I've ever bought anything from outlining their response to Covid 19 and how they take the take the health of their staff and customers seriously. I'd say their policies would be out the window in a flash if it suited them.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Probably mentioned already but it seems like every bank ad at the moment is extremely annoying.

They all have this kind of creepy “music”
    In the background. KBC is definitely the worst, sound weird kind of sounds and then shots in black and white of people by the way from all walks of life
    - pregnant woman, older man etc

All seemingly delighted that they are with such a great bank, “the bank of you”. Whatever the **** that means.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Op means one from 90s being reshown. "whos taking the horse to France?"

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭JL555

Newbie20 wrote: »
    Probably mentioned already but it seems like every bank ad at the moment is extremely annoying.

They all have this kind of creepy “music”
    In the background. KBC is definitely the worst, sound weird kind of sounds and then shots in black and white of people by the way from all walks of life
    - pregnant woman, older man etc

All seemingly delighted that they are with such a great bank, “the bank of you”. Whatever the **** that means.

Yeah that KBC add is terrible, the whole way it was shot, that guy sticking head to the camera (talk about not being original), but the worst part it for me is the sound of the guy doing the voice over, aaaarrrrggghhhh.....!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

That promo for the show about Gerry Ryan that's coming up. If I hear that woman saying it feels like he was speaking to you alone one more time I'll scream. Every single ad break and it sounds so stilted and rehearsed. I can't stand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,066 ✭✭✭CoBo55

That promo for the show about Gerry Ryan that's coming up. If I hear that woman saying it feels like he was speaking to you alone one more time I'll scream. Every single ad break and it sounds so stilted and rehearsed. I can't stand it.

His anniversary was ignored for years, now they’re going to cobble a few clips together...

CoBo55 wrote: »
    His anniversary was ignored for years, now they’re going to cobble a few clips together...

They'll dig up his corpse, send it to a taxidermist, and plonk it in hallways of the RTE's offices if they can use it to make money.

Yeah, they ignored his anniversary for years, but I think they were waiting for the 'hullabaloo' over the hows of his death to die down (no pun intended).

Gerry, frankly, P**sed it all away. He was one of the highest paid RTE presenters-yet was not in the best financial state-and as we know now, it was most likely because of his 'habits'.

A few years after he died, RTE did do a show about his life... but skirted around his addictions.
    Even when he died, they barely mentioned it. And there was palpable anger around that (And still is, frankly). I remember a few journalists (including KEvin Myers, in one of those times a broken clock was right twice a day) pointed out that he helped fund so many criminal organisations, and helped kill many an innocent person.

Blaze420 wrote: »

All just trying to cash in on the current situation. They couldn’t give a feck if you jumped out under a bus let alone catch covid 19.

RTE elevating G Ryan to sainthood stuff.

I remember a few journalists (including KEvin Myers, in one of those times a broken clock was right twice a day) pointed out that he helped fund so many criminal organisations, and helped kill many an innocent person.

Spot on, the inconvenient truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Spot on, the inconvenient truth.

But his worst legacy is the fact his daughter has somehow got a gig with RTE

RTE=where nepotism trumps talent

But his worst legacy is the fact his daughter has somehow got a gig with RTE

RTE=where nepotism trumps talent

She's on the payroll, but she' not gonna go far, kid. They've got others who've proven more successful. That, and she's the wrong side of 30.

I mean-she was hosting the 'Behind the Scenes' of DWTS. That got axed, and the next thing she was on the show. On the other hand, the original host of the BTS show, Blathnaid Treacy, has picked up other gigs along the way.

Lottie won't get TV gigs... the Covid 19 thing done messed up their plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

That just for women car insurance ad drives me mental. The woman doing the voiceover has the most ridiculous annoying accent I’ve ever heard. I’ve actually started fantasising about punching her. There’s also an ad for a new tv show called Normal People and it’s unbelievably boring. It definitely would turn you off watching the show. These two along with COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE are driving me insane.

The Just for women voiceover woman's accent drives me insane as well. Sounds like the most ridiculous affected accent ever.

The Normal people ad has the opposite effect for me. I'm interested in watching it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

What's the ad with the two women in the car talking to the insurance company? "Thanks Niall".

The one on the left keeps widening her eyes when she talks, it really irritates me.

It reminds me of the Muppet Show.

LMAO

Advertisement