Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The ad where the woman is going on about her spoiled brat amazing granddaughter needs to die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

Sold your guitar to buy food

you f****** ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Graigmanliam

Who uses the phone or tablet in the bath or near anything wet, I don't trust it even if they're "waterproof". I'm talking about the vodafone ad of course, why does he lock the bathroom has she not seen his mickey yet or what.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Who uses the phone or tablet in the bath or near anything wet, I don't trust it even if they're "waterproof". I'm talking about the vodafone ad of course, why does he lock the bathroom has she not seen his mickey yet or what.

His mother who is maybe 5 years older than him might pop around for another visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

The elderly couple who have paid off their mortgage in Dingle (I looked it up). I'm meant to be happy or something but I just feel sad they've spent their working lives and more in debt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The way he looks at the pig after shushing it is so weird. That whole Vodafone pig storyline has to be one of the most horrible and offputting ad campaigns of recent times.

Then again just as /i type this the fecking "Who stole the cookies from the cookie jar, number one stole the cookies from the cookie jar... comes on! AAAARGH!!! And still I cant remember what product its advertising.

At least they seem to have finally killed off "Its my brain, tell me what Im gonna do, Im gonna suck it, right straight to you..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

The point is, he's secret watching the next episode of a show him and her watch because he can't bear to wait any longer. This of course appeals to those who do this, i.e. no one.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

"We-e-ell,who stole dee cookies from dee cookie jar?
    Not me stole dee cookies from dee cookie jar,
    Number one stole dee cookies from dee cookie jar...... "

It reminds me of going to Aldi and from time to time they sell a cookie jar that has a voice and when you open the lid it says "Step away from the cookie jar", it's mildly amusing at first but try it after you have been in Aldi for half an hour and you have heard it over a hundred times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Thargor wrote: »
    That whole Vodafone pig storyline has to be one of the most horrible and offputting ad campaigns of recent times.

Just as well I switched to 3 last year. :o:D;)

Not strictly an advert - but the amount of times TV3 are promoting their version of Gogglebox, you'd think they were making it out to be the greatest TV show in the world... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Grant boilers. Talk about a cheap ****e dodgy irish ad the likes of which haven't been seen since the early 90s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

neris wrote: »
    Grant boilers. Talk about a cheap ****e dodgy irish ad the likes of which haven't been seen since the early 90s

We're going to grandads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The McDonalds ad with the crowd on the bus, don't know if it's on here, it was on Channel 4 earlier. Pure rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

New ad on with Ant and Dec for Suzuki cars. Really do not understand the appeal of those 2. I find them very irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Autosport wrote: »
    We're going to grandads :D

no theres a new 1 which is even worser

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Awake&Unafraid

Has anyone seen that ad I think it's from lidl or aldi where a young lad goes to a house with beef and a rake of women answer and are like "it's yourself" and he's like "tis yah"? And their all ould ones and basically wetting their knickers over the young lad.

Seriously imagine it was a young girl and it was a bunch of oul fellas answering the door like.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

All those appliances delivered.ie ads can't stand them or the guy in them!

Malcolm in the Middle (Age).

Anyway, HAYYOU unlimided realidy t.v. for all you shallow bubbleheads out there. 'I don't care, I love it'. :mad:

Has anyone seen that ad I think it's from lidl or aldi where a young lad goes to a house with beef and a rake of women answer and are like "it's yourself" and he's like "tis yah"? And their all ould ones and basically wetting their knickers over the young lad.

Seriously imagine it was a young girl and it was a bunch of oul fellas answering the door like.

Yeah but blatant sexual objectification of men is perfectly fine here in 2017. Theres a toilet cleaner ad where a fireman calls to a womans house and she melts in front of him and then panics when he asks to use her loo, which is strange because as we know women poop rose petals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

neris wrote: »
    Aul Fella: What you need is a Grant boiler

Son: Smiles
    *internal monologue* I bleedin' did. It's a poxy Grant that's after breakin' down on me. I'll never trust a word out of your mouth again.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭BuyersRemorse

That one with the female DJ who can jump around like Fatboy Slim at her latest gig, thanks to her new fanny pad; "As a woman I can step aside, or I can step up the game".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

The AIB ad with the yank and her Irish husband...unbelievably patronising.."we knew it was going to work"etc....it's not as if many more besides in more recent years in similar circumstances "knew it was going to work" too..but that very bank (and others)wouldn't give over the bleeding mortgage money..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

it's like the banks don't realise they are not lending. All bank ads are like 'lads, we're only dying to hand over cash to you. Why don't ye ask?'

• Registered Users Posts: 18,378 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

not liking that pizza advert with in "the factory"

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 24,395 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

optogirl wrote: »
    it's like the banks don't realise they are not lending. All bank ads are like 'lads, we're only dying to hand over cash to you. Why don't ye ask?'

they are lending

lawred2 wrote: »
    they are lending

To a small select few.

To a small select few.

To those that can demonstrate the ability to repay

Isn't that the way it's supposed to be? Of course everyone think banks should lend to them but just not to others.

To those that can demonstrate the ability to repay

Isn't that the way it's supposed to be? Of course everyone think banks should lend to them but just not to others.

I think if you can pay massive rent you should be considered eligible to repay a mortgage. Sadly that's not how it works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

I think if you can pay massive rent you should be considered eligible to repay a mortgage. Sadly that's not how it works

Hmmm...

I'm supposing you're come from the point of view that if you're paying massive rent you can't afford to save a massive deposit - true enough for most.

However, the banks do take into account rent being paid at present when calculating your ability to repay a mortgage.

Is that with or without savings?

Is that with or without savings?

with some but sadly not enough for me personally. Very difficult to do both (rent & save adequately)

• Advertisement

with some but sadly not enough for me personally. Very difficult to do both (rent & save adequately)

I can understand the frustration but speaking from first hand experience you would be amazed the difference even a few extra percentage points worth of deposit available makes to the overall repayment cost of a mortgage.

The bigger the deposit the better for everyone. Banks and borrower.

It's not really for the Central Bank or Banks themselves to make allowances for our failed rental sector by allowing up to 100% mortgages.

Advertisement